GDT: [#3] Detroit Redwings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, NHLN)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So I'd guess Miro slides up to the top PP unit in Hintz's place? Or maybe Dellandrea?

That's a big blow to the PP. Roope is probably the best entry guy for the Stars

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
DeFranks confirmed they didn't use IR on Hintz so yeah they didn't have a roster spot to call a forward off the taxi squad.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IR means someone is out for at least 7 days . Not something you want to use if you can help it in any way.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So I'd guess Miro slides up to the top PP unit in Hintz's place? Or maybe Dellandrea?

That's a big blow to the PP. Roope is probably the best entry guy for the Stars

I think you have to go with Heiskanen ... and you're just going to have to ride the top unit for 1:30+ each PP. It's idiotic at this point to bury Heiskanen on the 2nd unit with so much personnel out.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
IR means someone is out for at least 7 days . Not something you want to use if you can help it in any way.
Yeah but they can retroactive it to the day of the injury to get back some days anyway

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

That's only 1 more game for Jamie Benn since he would be place on IR retroactive to the injury if Dallas chose to use it. They must be confident he can play Thursday so it makes sense not to use it. If there was some thought he might not be ready Thursday, it might have been a good idea just to throw him on IR so you could have another forward.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wondering if the massive amount of injuries around the league is because of the shortened training camps and no pre-season. Seems like it to me.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
That's only 1 more game for Jamie Benn since he would be place on IR retroactive to the injury if Dallas chose to use it. They must be confident he can play Thursday so it makes sense not to use it. If there was some thought he might not be ready Thursday, it might have been a good idea just to throw him on IR so you could have another forward.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Not necessarily, I assume they thought the difference between Robertson and Pysyk is minimal and not worth doing the transaction.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
#3 is not possible. You can't waive a guy and replace him same day. However, this situation is a very good reason you should consider waiving Fedun. It wouldn't change today ... you'd still have 2 forwards out and not on IR, but in the long run it's probably the smarter sticking with 1 extra forward and 1 extra D so you have an open spot to call up any position you need.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not necessarily, I assume they thought the difference between Robertson and Pysyk is minimal and not worth doing the transaction.

We already know that both the coach and GM have said they exclusively see him as a D. It's less of a leap to just assume Benn will be ready very soon and likely Thursday than what you're saying. Robertson hasn't fallen out of favor that far, and I'd be willing to bet they'd much rather have him in the lineup right now for the PP with Hintz out than 7 defenders. I doubt Pysyk vs. Robertson was even remotely considered. It's more reasonable to assume this is exclusively a roster issue.

Reactions: Satan

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The joys of a mismanaged roster already shining through. Not that robertson was lighting it up or anything, but really who could with those linemates and his strengths not being in the defensive zone.

I think that's a key distinction. It has nothing to with Robertson or thinking he should be playing. I think it was smart they were going to get Gardner a look over him. The injury to Hintz obviously wasn't something they anticipate, and the roster situation is dictating the lineup tonight.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Cogliano's shot normally doesnt go over a foot high....unless theres an empty net then he shoots it over

Reactions: Elysian

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Anyone but Cogliano and the score is 1-0. Last year it was anyone but Cogliano or Janmark but Cogs and his shot are alone this year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I fully expected Dellandrea to be NHL ready in his own zone. I know there's no production yet, but I'm a little surprised he's looked so good right away in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad