GDT: [#3] Detroit Redwings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, NHLN)

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Wasn't a great performance, but 2 points is 2 points. Hopefully Benn and Hintz are back next game to inject some more offence. That was way too close.

Reactions: Henderson33

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
aside of the highlights, that was ugh-lee

qdoba saved our butts all game long, if klingberg is 1st star, qdoba is 1b

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think Klingberg was very happy about people saying Heiskanen is #1 on the team, because Klingberg has made Heiskanen look like an AHL player so far this season.

Yeah need Miro to wake up offensively, but this is a good problem to have. I was more worried about Klingberg coming into this season than Miro so this is great to see him already in playoff form.

Also shoutout to some incredible defense from Klingberg tonight. Don't say that much

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Klingberg, Big Rig, Lindell, & Miro.

Even with Miro struggling that has to be one of the best top 4's in the league, add in Dobby (and hopefully Bishop) and we can win on any night.

Reactions: mc3488
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Giving the Wings a point shouldn't matter, just glad we got a win out of an ugly game.

Holy hell was that first period boring though, let's not do that again, please.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The OT lineups made more sense again. Look i get why Kero , Dowling and Gardner are in the lineup but don't put them out after a tired opponent ices the puck with ~1 minute to go. Like seriously how is that going to lead to a goal ? Just stack the lines with the little offensive ability we have left for the last minute. Not like they're gonna be dead tired.

Reactions: Elysian

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We already know that both the coach and GM have said they exclusively see him as a D. It's less of a leap to just assume Benn will be ready very soon and likely Thursday than what you're saying. Robertson hasn't fallen out of favor that far, and I'd be willing to bet they'd much rather have him in the lineup right now for the PP with Hintz out than 7 defenders. I doubt Pysyk vs. Robertson was even remotely considered. It's more reasonable to assume this is exclusively a roster issue.

Bones confirmed post-game that they never had any intention of playing Pysyk at forward. Injuries forced his hand making it impossible to call up a forward as a replacement.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Never gonna complain about two points. Given the injuries, this wasn't the worst game.

Haven't been able to watch any games and it's honestly been way better for me emotionally :laugh:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Janmark scored on a breakaway . Guess it happened because the idiotic Hawks broadcast calls him Järnkrok

Thats f***** embarrassing. Like is it that hard to learn the names of the players on the team you work for . Smh.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thats f***** embarrassing. Like is it that hard to learn the names of the players on the team you work for . Smh.

Pretty sure thats what Foley called him when he was with the Stars all the time as well. Never bothered to actually do any actual research. Now that he's with the Hawks he just stuck with it instead of taking some time to learn the name. Janmark , Järnkrok ? Eh who cares Hawks suck and i have to watch this crap for a living .

Pretty sure every team hands out media guides for their team to start a season. Doubt Foley took a look in the Hawks one or that of any NHL team for that matter.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Pretty sure thats what Foley called him when he was with the Stars all the time as well. Never bothered to actually do any actual research. Now that he's with the Hawks he just stuck with it instead of taking some time to learn the name. Janmark , Järnkrok ? Eh who cares Hawks suck and i have to watch this crap for a living .

Pretty sure every team hands out media guides for their team to start a season. Doubt Foley took a look in the Hawks one or that of any NHL team for that matter.
That’s brutal . I never was a fan of his commentating . His “hawks win! Hawks win! Hawks win! Is so annoying , although he doesn’t get to say it too often anymore .

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Yeah need Miro to wake up offensively, but this is a good problem to have. I was more worried about Klingberg coming into this season than Miro so this is great to see him already in playoff form.

Also shoutout to some incredible defense from Klingberg tonight. Don't say that much

Yeah, I'm not worried about Miro offensively. He seems to be letting Oleksiak take the offensive risks (which I'm kinda meh on so far) and since there's only one competent looking forward line, most of their pairing seems to be getting their time with AHLers, it's not gonna be pretty.

I do wish he would stop deferring to everyone else while on the PP though. If Klingberg was as passive with his shooting as Heiskanen, the Stars would probably only have 2 or 3 goals on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad