GDT: [#3] Detroit Redwings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, NHLN)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Does that mean Robertson isn’t doing as well as hoped at this point?

#GoStars #WinGames

I'm not really surprised. Most of the time he spent on the ice the other night he looked lost defensively and didn't really do much when he had the puck.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Limited minutes, not really the best linemates, thought he was OK on the PP..

Doesn't play a 4th line game, so it doesn't make sense to keep him there IMO.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Too bad Benn/Seguin isn't healthy because I think he would fit in nicely on the right side with them.

Reactions: Kcb12345

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
A so so game and you send Robertson to the taxi squad
Not sure this is the good message to our youngsters
Go Stars ! as usual will watch the replay tomorrow morning here ^^

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't think Jamie Benn is on the ice for warm-ups.

upload_2021-1-26_19-3-36.png

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't understand why they wouldn't just add Robertson back to the roster on an emergency basis. That's the whole point of the Taxi Squad this season. You already have guys in Dallas, and it's a paper transaction. That's way more logical than going with 7 defenders / Pysyk at RW.

How could it be more simple?

Kero-Pavelski-Radulov
Robertson-Dickinson-Gurianov
Cogliano-Faksa-Dellandrea
Gardner-Dowling-Caamano

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tanner Kero is our top line LW tonight

Justin Dowling is our 2C.

Let that sink in

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't understand why they wouldn't just add Robertson back to the roster on an emergency basis. That's the whole point of the Taxi Squad this season. You already have guys in Dallas, and it's a paper transaction. That's way more logical than going with 7 defenders / Pysyk at RW.

How could it be more simple?

Kero-Pavelski-Radulov
Robertson-Dickinson-Gurianov
Cogliano-Faksa-Dellandrea
Gardner-Dowling-Caamano

Can you do that? He went back to the taxi squad, not the main roster? I assume there is a cut-off point in the day?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Can you do that? He went back to the taxi squad, not the main roster? I assume there is a cut-off point in the day?

Emergency call ups don't have a time limit. In theory ... a guy could test positive for COVID hours before a game. It's happened in the NHL with Dez Bryant and Baltimore.

What I think I did fail to consider is Dallas chose to not use IR on Jamie Benn, and I'm guessing that's also true with Hintz. They don't have a roster spot for that reason. You can only use emergency call ups if you have less than 18 healthy skaters. Hanley and Fedun being healthy forced there hand here it seems.

Oh well .... at least the decision makes sense.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Even though Nill never intended on using Pysyk as a forward, his decision to yet again carry 8 D on the active roster is forcing his hand here. That's a nice thing to have tonight with Pysyk already being able to play forward.

There's definitely a good chance this scenario could occur several more times this season if they continue to carry 8 D on active roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad