Nov 10, 2010
Last four seasons vs Isles
  • Tuukka Rask: 9-2-1 ; 1.28 GAA ; .950 Sv% ; 2 Shutouts
  • Brad Marchand: 9-9-18 ; +18 ; 1.06 points/game ; 18.4 Shooting %
  • Taylor Hall: 10-6-16 ; 1.00 p/g ; 18.2 Sh%
  • David Pastrnak: 3-13-16 ; 1.00 p/g
  • Mike Reilly: 0-6-6 ; +8 ; 0.75 p/g
  • Charlie McAvoy: 1-9-10 ; +10 ; 0.63 p/g
Adding hall is killer. He seems to be an islander killer.

Reactions: bbfan419

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Komarov Barzal Eberle < Bergeron Line
Beauvillier Nelson Bailey < Krejci Line
Palmeiri JPG Wahlstrom Ritchie Coyle Debrusk
Martin Cizikas Clutterbuck > Kuraly Lazar Wagner

Pelech Pulock < Gryz Mcavoy
Leddy Mayfield Reilly Carlo
Green Dobson Lauzon Clifton

Sorokin < Rask

Wahlstrom was a game time decision in game 7 so I expect him to be back for game 1. Lauzon is back skating full time so I expect him to be back too.

We have the advantage in talent by far IMO. It’s what Trotz does with the limited talent he has, they buy in to his system and if they’re sticking to it they can be hard to beat for sure.

Our top 6 is easily more talented, especially if Barzal continues to struggle as he did last series. Komarov seems to be slowing that line down.

I give their bottom 6 the edge on the Bruins. That 4th line is one of, if not the best in the league. The JPG line was looking good with Wahlstrom in there before he was hurt. JPG has given us fits in the past, same with the NJD Palmeiri. Palms has started to produce in the playoffs, he may be back to form as Bruins killer.

Their top pairing is very good, but Mcavoy puts ours over the top. Their second pairing is meh, Leddy can be a liability in his own end. Third pairing is also meh.

Bruins have the edge in net, Sorokin is playing real well right now but Tuukka is well.. Tuukka. They won’t be shooting on a Jarry, gonna be a big reality check for them.

Should be a pretty fun series but ultimately I think Bruins talent will break down Trotz’s system. I still have Bruins in 6, sticking to it.
Sure, our top-six may be better, but their 2nd line lit it up against the Pens. Sure, "goaltending", but still. Nevertheless I'm not worried as I think that *this* Bruins team gets it done. Games are going to be close but this team will just bear down and do what it takes. Boston in 6.

Reactions: bbfan419

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Sure, our top-six may be better, but their 2nd line lit it up against the Pens. Sure, "goaltending", but still. Nevertheless I'm not worried as I think that *this* Bruins team gets it done. Games are going to be close but this team will just bear down and do what it takes. Boston in 6.
Yeah it’s gonna be a tough one, last series it was pretty close for 4-1, I expect this to be even closer.

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
If Tuuks plays lights out and we can stay out of the box it'll be a sweep.

But I don't think either will be perfect. B's in 6.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Always interesting to see what player comes out and has a great series. I think this will be Coyle's turn

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Bruins should win this, but the Isles forward depth worries me. Our bottom 6 is not ideal and could get exposed. If the top 2 lines show up to play then they can't match them, but if they struggle then I'll be worried.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan dropping by to say how impressed I was with the Bruins last series. Watching your team play so cohesively in every zone (O and D) was a pleasure. I know you have some very high end talent but it seems like no matter what player turnover happens the Bruins have the same identity. Beautiful hockey to watch.

Good luck vs the isles.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I have a lot of respect for the Isles and what they have done there post Tavares. They play a team game, and keep it simple. A tremendously well coached team that plays a big team game. The downside to this, they play a very boring game. I am hoping that this series isn't as boring as I think it will be.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I can't help but to go back to 13 year old me seeing this thread title. 1983. I was a Bruins fan starting like 79 but it's fuzzy and 1983's memory is clear as day. It was not easy being an out of state fan back then, as you could only see your team when they played the locals or when USA Network aired your games (it was them IIRC)....I would actually listen to Bruins game on Buffalo and Montreal am radio (was easy to tell when the Habs scored, but didn;t understand a word of French).....anyways 1983 was going to be the Bruins year...

ESPN followed Pete Peeters unbeaten streak as their top story some mornings....that team was the best in the league and the Bruins were going to put an end to the islanders reign. I have grown to actually like those Islander teams, but I hated them fiercely back then.

Somehow I survived the Sabres series, and when the Bruins lost game 1 vs the Isles I wasn't too concerned. They rebounded with a solid Bruins like 4-1 victory in game 2. I have never felt more confident in my team then I did after that game.

Then came games 3 and 4. There are literally no words to describe the bludgeoning the Bruins took in those two games. 15-6 in two games. The popcorn vendor could have scored in Uniondale. Had HF existed back then the mods would have needed valium. For those of us that witnessed it, the complete dismantling of a 50 win regular season team it was like having your insides ripped out, your soul taken. The gap between the teams was not closer, it was as far apart as it ever was. I remember crying in my bedroom after the series. I got into a fight at school with an Islander fan as well who I was friends with.. It was gut wrenching.

This series is my redemption. Thirty eight freakin years in the making. If the results are the same, well no promises 51 year old me won't be crying in my bedroom again.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I was a Senior in HS Lou. Here in NYS. I had to wear a Tonelli jersey for a week and my friend was 5'4" and 125 lbs. Needless to say, being 190lbs at the time, that was one tightass jersey.

That "friend" has chirped up again after almost 4 decades. DO THIS!

Knox Harrington

May 28, 2021
The new second line scored half of the goals (mostly Hall) in the three Isles games after the trade deadline.

Bs should win if our second line plays better than their third line.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
-------------------------------------------------------------
I was a Senior in HS Lou. Here in NYS. I had to wear a Tonelli jersey for a week and my friend was 5'4" and 125 lbs. Needless to say, being 190lbs at the time, that was one tightass jersey.

That "friend" has chirped up again after almost 4 decades. DO THIS!

cuts deep man

BUP

Sep 6, 2017
Bruins did well against trap teams in the past, right?
I was talking to a college coach via email last fall and he mentioned to me that the Islanders are not a NZ trap team. They play a style that is very good on the forecheck (last season their analytics were the best in the league at puck recovery and they still are a very good skating team this year.) As with all well coached teams, they read plays well and know when to forecheck aggressively and recognize when to drop back into the NZ. I hope both teams bring it....

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
My heart says Isles, while my head says Bruins. I want a long series.A game 7 where anything can happen.

Let's go isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2