Series Talk: (3) Boston v. (4) New York Islanders

Series outcome

• Total voters

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Jets fan dropping by to say how impressed I was with the Bruins last series. Watching your team play so cohesively in every zone (O and D) was a pleasure. I know you have some very high end talent but it seems like no matter what player turnover happens the Bruins have the same identity. Beautiful hockey to watch.

Good luck vs the isles.
Right back at ya! Jets really impressed against the Oilers and I hope you guys continue through. I’ll be rooting for the Jets until they play the Bruins.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I’m surprised at how dismissive much of this board is toward the Islanders. Generally, there’s been a lot of respect for that franchise, their depth, their resilience, how they play the game, Barry Trotz…

I think the big difference between them and the Capitals, is that Washington shrunk when things got tough. When the pressure is on the Islanders, that’s when they play their best hockey. It’s going to be a big adjustment from last series and success will partly depend on how the Bruins handle that pushback, and partly on being able to apply that pressure in the first place.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’m surprised at how dismissive much of this board is toward the Islanders. Generally, there’s been a lot of respect for that franchise, their depth, their resilience, how they play the game, Barry Trotz…

I think the big difference between them and the Capitals, is that Washington shrunk when things got tough. When the pressure is on the Islanders, that’s when they play their best hockey. It’s going to be a big adjustment from last series and success will partly depend on how the Bruins handle that pushback, and partly on being able to apply that pressure in the first place.
Good post, while I think the B`s will prevail, this was the overall matchup I least preferred vs the Islanders and Pens simply because while they are pretty absent of superstar names, the Isles play a very structured game and are not the kind of team that being behind by a goal or two phases them

They stick to the game plan, roll their 4 lines and often score timely goals. I don`t want to the see the B`s running around trying to chase Barzal. My opinion and approach with players such as him are let him play around on the perimeter, give him some breathing room over there. May sound counter productive but IMO the more you chase him, the more often you`ll take yourself out of position.

B`s and Isles are very similar in that neither coach typically ventures outside of their overall game plan, one thing I`d love to see is Komarov finally pay for that butt end to Pasta, still angry nobody on the B`s did jack sh** during that game about it

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Keys for me this series-
Defense clean passes on the breakout.
Defense mobile
Fourth line continue to play like games 4/5
2nd/3rd exploit matchups

Neutral zone is gonna be locked up again in this series.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Seriously, we are a little sensitive to board invasions due to multiple Leafs matchups in the past. Those fans are like locusts.
Over the yrs, I have learned to avoid the Leafs board.
Toronto fans have difficulty understanding that just because their local media crowns them champions in the offseason, doesn't actually mean they are SC champs :rolleyes:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Over the yrs, I have learned to avoid the Leafs board.
Toronto fans have difficulty understanding that just because their local media crowns them champions in the offseason, doesn't actually mean they are SC champs :rolleyes:

not to mention you’ve been swinging through here to chat longer than most of them have been alive.

:D

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Washington won G1 and took us to OT the next two. We were younger with more talent and didn’t play 3 goalies but we could have gone down 2-0 2-1 or even 3-0.

But yeah we got up 2-1 and it was all ovah.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Washington won G1 and took us to OT the next two. We were younger with more talent and didn’t play 3 goalies but we could have gone down 2-0 2-1 or even 3-0.

But yeah we got up 2-1 and it was all ovah.

I agree with this . It is funny how all of a sudden we beat the caps easy . The Caps were basically the better or as good of team until the overtime started in game 3 .

As far as the Isles go they weren't even the better team in their series . I would say goaltending was the major difference .

Bottom line is that there isn't a lot to choose between the four teams . Hopefully the bruins have a very slight edge they can exploit to the Final 4.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I agree with this . It is funny how all of a sudden we beat the caps easy . The Caps were basically the better or as good of team until the overtime started in game 3 .

As far as the Isles go they weren't even the better team in their series . I would say goaltending was the major difference .

Bottom line is that there isn't a lot to choose between the four teams . Hopefully the bruins have a very slight edge they can exploit to the Final 4.
The Isles also have a lot better coaching and aren’t as old/run down as the Caps were. The Caps weren’t defeated as easy as the score showed, but they did fade towards the end of the series. That won’t happen with the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00