GDT: 3/8/14 Blue Jackets @ Preds 7:00 PM

bgpredsfan2

Mar 18, 2007
March 1,2002

I remember this date well in Preds history as it relates to our current team. David legwand is checked near the bench and breaks his collarbone. The team tanks the rest of the season and may have not won another game that season. This team was poorly constructed and can't score. Same results as a 4th year expansion team with a whopping payroll

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well it looks like we will be able to get a high drift pick for next year at least.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Talk about an awful, awful homestand-

1-5 record, 4 straight losses, and a total of 8 goals scored in 6 games, including 3 goals in the last 4 games....

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
"The guys had lots of detail. Our defense held the others to 1 goal. Moral victory. We are playing Predators hockey."
- Trotz/apologists

1-4 in 5 games at home with Rinne back in net for 3 of them. Ouch.

This offense is putrid. The lines are hilariously constructed. Zero rhyme or reason.

Cupvoid

Feb 20, 2014
Another disappointing loss. Tired of walking back to my car to hear the same song and dance excuses on the post game show. Rinne stood on his head and seems to be his normal spectacular self. The only bright spot I see for this team in the foreseeable future.

The offense has no creativity, poor passing skills, and when watching them breakout, looks like they are only using half of the ice surface. Predictable and boring.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Nice embarrassing loss at home on a Saturday night.

Another rinse repeat of can't pass, can't convert scoring chances, can't stand up, and can't give Peka any help.

This organization needs an extreme makeover this summer.

I feel really bad for Peka. Clowns should be ashamed of themselves for this homestand

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
PLEASE, someone PLEASE get Trotz out of Nashville.
And let him take some of those useless grinders with him.

I don't want the talent we now have at AHL level coming up to come into contact with a coach who can not and will never truly recognize talent over grinding ability.

Truly pathetic display again.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
The coaching changes need to be made.

I think Lambert is also a big part of the problem. Housley also... ( I know Ryan Ellis is one of only a few players that I would give an "A" to this year. If this is attributable to Housley , it is the only success of his)

We need something different. If it is the whole coaching staff except Korn, fine. Or if it is 2 different assistant coaches, fine.

I do know that one of the things that would make me feel like giving up is firing Trotz, and giving the position to an existing assistant coach.

If we have so many passengers on the players side (too many to list), then something has to change on the coaches side.

However saying that...........look at Torts going to Vancouver and how poorly he has done. Who knows what the answer is.:help:
\
And adding this..........Stalberg and Cullen........horrible performances this year. David Poile's fault or Trotz... a lot of variable.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hard to say who you put the blame on, which is why I go with both. Yeah Poile signed the players, but he apparently had input from Trotz and this is at least partially what he wanted.

Housley I'm not ready to throw under the bus yet. Dude has been here less than a season, not real sure how much blame he takes personally.

For me, I think from a fan perspective and just from a team game perspective, coaches have a life span imo, Trotz has pretty much reached his. That said, I still believe as long as Poile is GM Trotz isn't going anywhere. Going to be up to the owners to push for a change, and I don't see that happening either.

Its just bad, real bad. Come in off the Olympic break with a shot at the playoffs, get Rinne back and they stink it up and while it may not be officially over, its over.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I dunno. I didn't see anything in this game that led me to believe that a coaching change was needed. All I saw - for both teams - were guys who worked their butts off but couldn't really finish against a hot goaltender. (Well, until Artie, but he had one hell of an individual move there and he's been disgustingly hot ever since the break.)

I really do think either team could have won this one.

(That said, I didn't see most of the other homestand games from start to finish, so I don't know what context folks are working from.)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I dunno. I didn't see anything in this game that led me to believe that a coaching change was needed. All I saw - for both teams - were guys who worked their butts off but couldn't really finish against a hot goaltender. (Well, until Artie, but he had one hell of an individual move there and he's been disgustingly hot ever since the break.)

(That said, I didn't see most of the other homestand games from start to finish, so I don't know what context folks are working from.)

Rest of the home stand was just like last nights game. TBH most of the season has been like this, lots of shots and chances, no one to finish. Saw the replay of Wilson with a wide open net at the end of the game and wanted to :rant: tbh.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

What armourboy said, I agree also.

Too many passengers, no finishers. Too many blind passes, too many that miss.

Housley is in charge of the power play. I didn't count how many we had the last 5 games, but enough so that we should have scored more than once, maybe. He hasn't proven his worth..

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
What armourboy said, I agree also.

Too many passengers, no finishers. Too many blind passes, too many that miss.

Housley is in charge of the power play. I didn't count how many we had the last 5 games, but enough so that we should have scored more than once, maybe. He hasn't proven his worth..

Simply not true. This is a team that is 25th in the league in scoring and has been shutout the most. Yet the PP is 11th going along at a 20% clip. For reference Chicago is 3rd in the league at just under 22%.

The PP is one of the few bright spots this season.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Simply not true. This is a team that is 25th in the league in scoring and has been shutout the most. Yet the PP is 11th going along at a 20% clip. For reference Chicago is 3rd in the league at just under 22%.

The PP is one of the few bright spots this season.

and this is what happens when a team strings together a few bad games, and the memory of the good things fades(especially given the fact that our last really good game was before the Olympics).

This team is doing quite well on the PP, Ellis has gone from bust to solid NHL player, and Jones seems to be coming along just fine. Hpusley is definitely not the problem.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Overall the PP has been good, but it's been trending downwards recently. We were #1 in the league a couple months ago. Now we're #11 and currently on a 0 for 15 skid.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The gory details: after Legwand went down with the shoulder injury on March 1, 2003, the Preds went 1-0-1-1 (1 tie, 1 OT loss) over their next three games.

And then, the bottom fell out: 0-10-3-2 (3 ties, 2 OT losses). We didn't win another game until the season opener in 2003-04.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
5 home games, 15 opportunities on the PP..............we made 2

Season is crumbling, we've had rest from the Olympics and time to fix things on the PP. We should be on fire. This isn't just a bad stretch.
Sorry, Housley is not doing a good job. Frankly, the times the PP has looked good and mobile has been infrequent this year.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
and this is what happens when a team strings together a few bad games, and the memory of the good things fades(especially given the fact that our last really good game was before the Olympics).

This team is doing quite well on the PP, Ellis has gone from bust to solid NHL player, and Jones seems to be coming along just fine. Hpusley is definitely not the problem.

I think Ellis has finally stepped up. I think he is the most improved and living up to potential player on the team. I think Jones is doing fine.

But you can't have players doing good and say it's the coach, and then when players are playing bad say it's the player.....

So, if our PP has been horrid these critical 5 home games.....whose fault is it?

PP is critical. If Housley can't get it going, I don't want him staying, if the others leave.

And as I say this, I don't know where that assumption has crept it on the board, that Housley was brought in to take over when Trotz retires or is fired.

I have normally been on the side of Trotz, Poile, give it time......I'm just leaning to the other side right now. And sitting thru these last 5 games at the Bridge and seeing them just scramble and not have success.......I don't like the game I've been seeing for the last 2 years. We're seeing longer and longer stretches of "not getting lucky with puck bounces" or "too many passengers". Frankly, it's hard to watch and it's as if the players gave up when Pekka went out.. And before that, a lot of guys just didn't seem to have the effort every game. It's not "predator" hockey anymore somehow.....

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
PF98, I don't think the PP is the problem. What I do think the problem with the PP is if you watch the first unit, Weber tries to get to the left side for his one timer, Legwand was on the half boards, Horny in front or to the side of the net with Fisher in the slot. That was the set up. Very easy to defend and there wasn't a lot of puck movement. Then you have the second unit with Jones, Ellis, Smith, Spaling and Cullen and the puck is constantly moving while we get good scoring chances. While we may not have buried them, I think the second unit has been better and more consistent all year long in that they get opportunities more often than not. The first unit is either on fire or ice cold.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
5 home games, 15 opportunities on the PP..............we made 2

Season is crumbling, we've had rest from the Olympics and time to fix things on the PP. We should be on fire. This isn't just a bad stretch.
Sorry, Housley is not doing a good job. Frankly, the times the PP has looked good and mobile has been infrequent this year.

Over the past five games the team drops to a 20% conversion rate ... tied for 10th in the league ... so fire the coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00