GDT: 3/7|Leggo My Eggo: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs Part II

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
In between periods, Aaron Ward/Mackenzie and a few others on the panel were talking about Seguin`s sucess against the Leafs and Kessel`s Houdini acts and they showed Seguin`s goal I believe and at the end Mackenzie, and I`m paraphrasing here said something like "Leaf fans won`t like to hear this but that play was started initially by Hamilton in his own end", not just what he said, but almost this look of satisfaction BM had on his face while mentioning it.

Bloody priceless

I took a look at the Leafs GDT for the Bruins game and they are ripping Kessel up one side and down the other (Phaneuf also). Much worse treatment than Kessel got here on the Bruins board. Take a look at that thread Andrew--it will entertain you. It seems like they have also given up all hope of ever beating the Bruins. :laugh:

I found it interesting because the complaints they have about Kessel were the same ones that had me delighted when GM Chiarelli traded him to Toronto. One of the best moves the Bruins have ever made. :nod:

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
I took a look at the Leafs GDT for the Bruins game and they are ripping Kessel up one side and down the other (Phaneuf also). Much worse treatment than Kessel got here on the Bruins board. Take a look at that thread Andrew--it will entertain you. It seems like they have also given up all hope of ever beating the Bruins. :laugh:

I found it interesting because the complaints they have about Kessel were the same ones that had me delighted when GM Chiarelli traded him to Toronto. One of the best moves the Bruins have ever made. :nod:

No question Boston won the deal big. However there was a bit of luck involved on PC
part. He was willing to trade Kessel for Kaberle and the Leaf's 2009 #1 which was #7 overall.
That wouldn't have worked so well if Burke agreed and hadn't bailed out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Haha, will do Alan, I need a good laugh before hours of working on a Term Paper

Phaneuf was awful, and is awful, 3 plays he made led to Bruin goals, and all 3 plays, had he played them properly, could have been prevented and Kessel?? A tin man, especially when playing the Bruins.

I had no issue with that trade at the time regardless of not having any idea what or whom those picks would be. Loved Kessel`s offense, I didn`t like hearing consistent reports that Chara, Aaron Ward and many others had to get in his face in hopes of inspiring him to open his eyes and play 3 zone hockey. The Leafs can have him...........k, off to have a laugh:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No question Boston won the deal big. However there was a bit of luck involved on PC
part. He was willing to trade Kessel for Kaberle and the Leaf's 2009 #1 which was #7 overall.
That wouldn't have worked so well if Burke agreed and hadn't bailed out.

Kessel for Kaberle? Come again

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Kessel for Kaberle? Come again

During the 2009 draft there were stories circulating that a deal was struck. PC
thought Burke agreed to trade his 2009 #1 and Kaberle for Kessel. Reportedly
Burke bailed and the deal fell through.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
During the 2009 draft there were stories circulating that a deal was struck. PC
thought Burke agreed to trade his 2009 #1 and Kaberle for Kessel. Reportedly
Burke bailed and the deal fell through.

I remember that being reported here and on TSN. At the time I thought maybe we could pick Ryan Ellis. Thankfully it didn't happen and we ended up with 2 far better players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad