GDT: 3/7|Leggo My Eggo: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs Part II

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
While he hasn't earned a raise, I don't see him taking a pay cut either. As I've stated in the Horton thread, I don't want him back.

I say "thanks for the service, Nate. This way out."

LOL @ some of the posts there saying "lock him up now (2 weeks ago) @ $5M X 5YR"

I'm going on record that no GM will give him 3m or more. Doesn't matter whether he is unwilling
to take a cut. If no one offers it he has no choice. Would you give him 3m or more?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd love a gif of Kessel fumbling the puck right at the end when he had a golden opportunity to tie the game. Poor guy looks so, soooo horrible in Boston.

How about their Captain?? First gets burned by Segs on the Bergy goal, then takes himself out of position for Seguin`s goal by completely over committing going after Marchand, then in the dying seconds, shoots the puck directly into the skates of one of our boys. That Poser is, IMO, one of the most questionable Captains out there

Not enthralled with the B`s game but I think alot of that has to do with my mindset and our recent history about the Leafs.

They are much improved, they are far heavier now than in the past two years, they have a coach with an actual system and they have a lineup full of no names who had previously been unemployable in the NHL who now have their shot and, so far, making the most of it.

I was a bit guilty of the "we should crush em tonight" mindset. Bad idea, they are a tough team, still massive question marks with their quality of defense though.

A much healthier 3rd period, I think the Leafs went without a shot the first 10 mins (4 mins of PK time though). But after they scored that late goal, the B`s hunkered down and did what they had to do.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Leafs fans are so delusional. The way they talk down seguin and Hamilton is too funny. Bruins barely tried tonight and won. Can't wait to see the team gives their best effort as a whole.
A leaf fan was trying to tell me how having played more games is an advantage, their points are in the bucket while the other team still has to earn theirs. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe it, but yes there are some leaf fans in that frame of mind. :laugh:

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I really think we could do a better job of managing ice time right now. There is no reason in a close game that the top 2 lines should be under 20 minutes.

Tampa last night
Stamkos - 20
St.Louis - 24.5
Killorn - 21
Lecavalier - 22

Boston last night
Marchand - 16
Krejci - 18
Bergeron - 17.5
Seguin - 16.5
Horton - 18
Lucic - 16.5

Meanwhile Pevs and Kelly eatup 16 and 15.5 minutes each. When people play bad, you as a coach are supposed to cut their ice time. When people play good you are supposed to increase their ice time. It just irks me. I want to see more of the top 2 lines when they are good, and more of the third when they are not.

Why would a team that has the 2nd most amount of points in the conference emulate the strategy of a team that is tied for the 2nd fewest amount of points in the conference? It'd be one thing if TB was dominating by playing its elite players so much, but they're not - they're losing more than winning.

And, in the "Julien era" they've consistently finished with fewer points than Boston (I think they tied the year that they met in the ECF) ... I don't see any reason why Julien should do what Tampa does; in fact, I think that Tampa would be better off if they iced a more balanced team.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Eye.

Just in from the slippery drive home from the game.

Nice to see a win.

Bergy's line IS the #1 line.

Dobby had a few rebounds but did OK fine.

Third line has to go. Something has to be done.

I've always thought of them as having a "First Line" and a "#1" line.....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A leaf fan was trying to tell me how having played more games is an advantage, their points are in the bucket while the other team still has to earn theirs. Delusional doesn't even begin to describe it, but yes there are some leaf fans in that frame of mind. :laugh:

You hear Bob Mackenzie`s little "jab" in between periods when talking about one of the goals mentioning that intially it was a play by Hamilton that helped lead to it too regardless if he didn`t pick up a pt on the play:laugh:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
As many stated, this line is too inconsistent. When it's not Horton, it's Krejci and when it's not him, it's Lucic who's a giveaway machine. At some point, Chiarelli will need to adress this situation. For now, he have to fix the 3rd line and bring help to the blueline.

Removing Horton would help... trade him and Boychuk for a 1st pairing defenseman and call up Spooner.

Lucic-Krejci-Soderberg
Spooner-Peverley-Kelly

Chara-???

Chara needs help to move the puck.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So could you hear the "Thank you Kessel " chants ? It seemed loud at the Garden.

Orr is such a goon. I don't get why he only got 2 after Z got 17 the other night. Doesn't add up to me.

Orr plays for the Leafs. Chara plays for the Bruins.

Do you get it now? :p:;)

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Saw this on the train last night coming home from the game.

DKH, I know I've never met you, but I always pictured you to be older than a teenager, what with all of the talk about having a kid.

581938_720897254373_1573835142_n.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Saw this on the train last night coming home from the game.

DKH, I know I've never met you, but I always pictured you to be older than a teenager, what with all of the talk about having a kid.

581938_720897254373_1573835142_n.jpg

I think we drank near other one time (before a game and I was headed over to you but got derailed; to bad you would have gotten a free beer or two:laugh:..no my kid as a ten or twelve year old became a big fan of his going to Providence and he was always really good to her whenever he saw her over the years (two years ago the Blues were in town and playing soccer in the lobby outside of Legends and we were walking by, and Vladdy jumped out of the game and came running over to her with a big smile and hug and all that crap) so it is her who really likes him....but I'm not far behind.

as for a teenager- I'm certainly older but maturity maybe a little younger:laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think we drank near other one time (before a game and I was headed over to you but got derailed; to bad you would have gotten a free beer or two:laugh:..no my kid as a ten or twelve year old became a big fan of his going to Providence and he was always really good to her whenever he saw her over the years (two years ago the Blues were in town and playing soccer in the lobby outside of Legends and we were walking by, and Vladdy jumped out of the game and came running over to her with a big smile and hug and all that crap) so it is her who really likes him....but I'm not far behind.

as for a teenager- I'm certainly older but maturity maybe a little younger:laugh:

Aw that's a fun story!

I asked the kid (wasn't really a kid, probably early 20s) why he had that jersey since they are rare....he was not interested in a conversation, and his girlfriend did not appear to be amused that I would have the audacity to speak to her boyfriend about a hockey related matter on the way home from a hockey game.

I now believe that you owe me a beer. My mind is a steel trap when it comes to free booze. :nod:

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Not a bad game by Boston, but definitely a good win after those two losses. They took their foot off the gas a few times, and we paid for it, but to win a game where the team isn't playing as well as we know they could, against a team that's hungry and capable, well, I'll take that any day.

nycbruins*

1) Horton is going to make a lot more than $3 million in UFA.
2) replacing Horton with Spooner makes this a worse team.
3) These boards have become pathetic.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
maybe this has been said already but I love the look of the Leafs right now. Kadri definitely was one of the missing pieces for them. His emergence finally gives them 2 dangerous lines. It's really a shame Burke got fired because now his moves are finally starting to pay off and that team has some depth to them. I think the difference is that it finally feels like they have a true core to build around now rather than just a bunch of replaceable parts. They are also easily the least unlikeable of all our rivals.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not a bad game by Boston, but definitely a good win after those two losses. They took their foot off the gas a few times, and we paid for it, but to win a game where the team isn't playing as well as we know they could, against a team that's hungry and capable, well, I'll take that any day.

I don't think any players would admit it, but I'm starting to think some of the B's are coasting or pacing themselves so they won't be burnt out come play-off time (like last year).

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
maybe this has been said already but I love the look of the Leafs right now. Kadri definitely was one of the missing pieces for them. His emergence finally gives them 2 dangerous lines. It's really a shame Burke got fired because now his moves are finally starting to pay off and that team has some depth to them. I think the difference is that it finally feels like they have a true core to build around now rather than just a bunch of replaceable parts. They are also easily the least unlikeable of all our rivals.

It's just the universe balancing itself out for Burkie getting all the credit he did for the Anaheim cup when that team was 90% in place when he got there

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Orr probably should have gotten 4mins.

I would be that if they ended up in a fight there that he would have gotten the instigator for the early throws.

Agreed.

Maybe the ref felt he would be putting the Bruins at too much of a disadvantage by giving them 4 minutes on the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad