GDT: 3/7|Leggo My Eggo: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs Part II

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
1) Horton is going to make a lot more than $3 million in UFA.
2) replacing Horton with Spooner makes this a worse team.
3) These boards have become pathetic.

I agree 100% Horton is a goal scorer and we died last year after he got injured. He is a clutch scorer. Sure he takes games off, no doubt, but when it playoff time he has shown up. Remember the regular season is a battle, the playoffs are a war and I wan to win the war

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
You hear Bob Mackenzie`s little "jab" in between periods when talking about one of the goals mentioning that intially it was a play by Hamilton that helped lead to it too regardless if he didn`t pick up a pt on the play:laugh:
I was out of town and not watching it on TSN, I don't even go there with leaf fans regarding the trade :laugh:

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
1) Horton is going to make a lot more than $3 million in UFA.
2) replacing Horton with Spooner makes this a worse team.
3) These boards have become pathetic.

Horton couldn't finish the 2011-12 season and has looked horrible this year. What GM in his
right mind will sign this guy for 3m or more.

Your the same guy that said Stamkos isn't one of the top 10 players in the NHL right?

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I can't help but reminded of a certain individual who was lambasted here while coming back from a concussion, and is now pretty much the toast of this board.
Just sayin' ;)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Only one of those is this year. The guy has disappeared this year.

Oh rly?

Horton is tied for second on the Bruins with seven goals (with Seguin) and is third among forwards in TOI, trailing only Krejci and Bergeron. He has far from "disappeared."

If he goes to free agency there are plenty of GMs who would leap at the chance to offer him some serious money.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Only one of those is this year. The guy has disappeared this year.

He has disappeared yet he is having a statistically average year for him so far? GM's will pay more than $3 million for a guy who usually scores 25+ goals every year in my opion.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
maybe this has been said already but I love the look of the Leafs right now. Kadri definitely was one of the missing pieces for them. His emergence finally gives them 2 dangerous lines. It's really a shame Burke got fired because now his moves are finally starting to pay off and that team has some depth to them. I think the difference is that it finally feels like they have a true core to build around now rather than just a bunch of replaceable parts. They are also easily the least unlikeable of all our rivals.

I think you need to win a few games before you can be considered a 'rival'. The Bruins have still beat the Leafs like 9 out of the last 10 meetings. That's not a rivalry, that's a one-sided beatdown. I mean the Kessel trade adds some history between the clubs but on the ice it's a one-sided affair. The most hated rival for the Bruins is and will likely always be the Montreal Canadians.

Leafs have improved but they are still missing a piece to get them into top club status. Maybe by next offseason or with a big move at the Trade Deadline they can get into serious contention.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was out of town and not watching it on TSN, I don't even go there with leaf fans regarding the trade :laugh:

I wish I could find that clip, BM had this sly smirk when he said it, priceless, now if Knight could only get healthy and fight his way onto a Bruins roster, now that would be golden:yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think you need to win a few games before you can be considered a 'rival'. The Bruins have still beat the Leafs like 9 out of the last 10 meetings. That's not a rivalry, that's a one-sided beatdown. I mean the Kessel trade adds some history between the clubs but on the ice it's a one-sided affair. The most hated rival for the Bruins is and will likely always be the Montreal Canadians.

Leafs have improved but they are still missing a piece to get them into top club status. Maybe by next offseason or with a big move at the Trade Deadline they can get into serious contention.

It isn`t just about winning games, it`s about having a consistent history of at least making the playoffs:laugh: and establishing a bit of a rivalry too.

The Leafs are much improved, many here don`t or won`t admit it, I`m not at all sold that a roster with the names they have will do one bit of playoff damage, but I find it interesting that Wilson gone, Burke gone and NOW they start playing with truculence

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Oh rly?

Horton is tied for second on the Bruins with seven goals (with Seguin) and is third among forwards in TOI, trailing only Krejci and Bergeron. He has far from "disappeared."

If he goes to free agency there are plenty of GMs who would leap at the chance to offer him some serious money.

He`ll get serious cash for sure. There`s part of me that fears not having him in the lineup, as we have seen some of the struggles last season this team has had without him, then there`s the side of me that is so frustrated watching him play, most specifically in the last half dozen games or so.

He isn`t or hasn`t initiated any physical contact, he`s losing more board battles than winning. I`m really hoping that this is similair to last year in that it seemed to take him about this amount of games for him to start feeling really comfortable before he began playing with that grit before that toolbox Sestito hit him again.

But if he continues to go on mini streaks offensively, while in the meantime doing nothing when he isn`t scoring, I wouldn`t be shocked if Chia allows him to walk, especially with the price he`ll ask and the cap as it will be.

Love the "Nasty Nate", but when he isn`t playing that way, the guy disappears entirely IMO

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
He`ll get serious cash for sure. There`s part of me that fears not having him in the lineup, as we have seen some of the struggles last season this team has had without him, then there`s the side of me that is so frustrated watching him play, most specifically in the last half dozen games or so.

He isn`t or hasn`t initiated any physical contact, he`s losing more board battles than winning. I`m really hoping that this is similair to last year in that it seemed to take him about this amount of games for him to start feeling really comfortable before he began playing with that grit before that toolbox Sestito hit him again.

But if he continues to go on mini streaks offensively, while in the meantime doing nothing when he isn`t scoring, I wouldn`t be shocked if Chia allows him to walk, especially with the price he`ll ask and the cap as it will be.

Love the "Nasty Nate", but when he isn`t playing that way, the guy disappears entirely IMO

Any GM that isn't sitting on their brains understands he is way to high risk to invest anything more
than just under 3m per in. Its concievable that someone would offer him a 1 year deal north
of 3m. However my argument on the 3m is more than one year.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Any GM that isn't sitting on their brains understands he is way to high risk to invest anything more
than just under 3m per in. Its concievable that someone would offer him a 1 year deal north
of 3m. However my argument on the 3m is more than one year.

I think you're arguing from an emotional standpoint. If Horton goes to free agency, he's going to get more than 3M. He's not going to get superstar money, but if you truly believe that he won't get more than 3M, then I think you have no idea what the free agent market is like.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Seems funny that apparently the definition for "disappeared" is not being on pace for a Rocket Richard trophy.. :laugh:

Yeah he's on such a blistering scoring pace of 7 goals in 21 games being centered by the #1
offensive center on the team and Lucic as his fellow wingman. He is also burning up the scoresheet
to the tine of 12 points in 21 games. Yeah a pace of 45 points on arguably a #1 line with his
medical history will have GM 's knocking his door down. Keep dreaming.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
I think you're arguing from an emotional standpoint. If Horton goes to free agency, he's going to get more than 3M. He's not going to get superstar money, but if you truly believe that he won't get more than 3M, then I think you have no idea what the free agent market is like.

He needs to finish the regular season and PO w / o getting concussed again. That is not a small issue with him. I don't wish him ill at all, but its there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Said what?

In between periods, Aaron Ward/Mackenzie and a few others on the panel were talking about Seguin`s sucess against the Leafs and Kessel`s Houdini acts and they showed Seguin`s goal I believe and at the end Mackenzie, and I`m paraphrasing here said something like "Leaf fans won`t like to hear this but that play was started initially by Hamilton in his own end", not just what he said, but almost this look of satisfaction BM had on his face while mentioning it.

Bloody priceless

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah he's on such a blistering scoring pace of 7 goals in 21 games being centered by the #1
offensive center on the team and Lucic as his fellow wingman. He is also burning up the scoresheet
to the tine of 12 points in 21 games. Yeah a pace of 45 points on arguably a #1 line with his
medical history will have GM 's knocking his door down. Keep dreaming.

Has nothing to do with stats for me bowline, has everything to do with the fact that the few games that Horty has engaged in the play, he`s scored. For him, the two go hand in hand. He arrived in Boston with a bit of a rep of a floater who loses interest at times. I think we have seen much less of that under Julien but we`ve seen it. Again, I truly hope that the Horty were watching now is the one that is still a bit hesitant due to concerns about protecting himself a bit but he finds himself as he did around Christmas last year and that this isn`t the case of the Panther Horton coming back.

I believe, and hope it`s a matter of time until he finds that mean streak and starts intitiating again. NO way do I believe he`s a shoe-in for any extension with Chia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad