Post-Game Talk: 3/6/13 Avs Lose 3-2 l We Actually Need More Hunwick, Not Less! l Part II

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
All I see everywhere now is people giving credit to the Hawks. I think I might just lose it.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
How anyone can blame Varlamov tonight is beyond me. Seriously? He was next to spectacular in the first period alone. I've lost all respect for Dater officially tonight.

It's the reaction of someone who thinks they've been betrayed. He said it himself, he bought into the team and they failed to deliver. Reaction is lame and stupid but not unexpected. Personally I find the fireworks kinda fun. /lawn-chair-and-brew

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Thought of the night:

Duchene and PAP 40pts combined and is a +6 (which its difficult to be a + on a bad team that is getting consistently outscored) on the year, combined make 7.5M. I'd consider this excellent production compared to value. at approx a point per game pace.

Stastny and Jones 20pts combined and are a combined -12 on the year and make 10.6M combined. Approx .5 pts per game pace. I'd consider this awful production compared to value.

Throw int he fact that the other teams usually send out their best defensive pair against Duchene and PAP, something is wrong with this picture.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thought of the night:

Duchene and PAP 40pts combined and is a +6 (which its difficult to be a + on a bad team that is getting consistently outscored) on the year, combined make 7.5M. I'd consider this excellent production compared to value. at approx a point per game pace.

Stastny and Jones 20pts combined and are a combined -12 on the year and make 10.6M combined. Approx .5 pts per game pace. I'd consider this awful production compared to value.

Throw int he fact that the other teams usually send out their best defensive pair against Duchene and PAP, something is wrong with this picture.

For me the bigger disappointment in terms of Casper is his lack of compete. Look at that first PP we had in the game he loses the puck and doesnt even make an effort to try and get the puck back. Its crap like this that makes it even worse especially when hes not scoring or making plays.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Thought of the night:

Avs have a 5-on-5 Goals for/Goals against ratio of 1.03. So players doing ok in +/- isn't strange. Avs are doing well in even strength.

It's special teams that keep letting this team down. They're 29th in the league on PP and 25th on PK. It's close to impossible to win consistently when your special teams don't work.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thought of the night:

Oh so much this. They have to go.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
Daivd Jones at $4 million per was absolutely mind boggling. That guy will be lucky to ever get close enough to get a whiff of 20 goals.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Such a disappointing game. The Avalanche are a Jekyll & Hyde act right now. Just when you think you know them, you don't.

member 116861

It cant be worse then Stastny at centre. What the hell has he done with Landeskog on his wing? Next to nothing. Yah we all thought his drunk linemates were the problem but Paul needs to own up to the fact that hes just as much of the problem.

Are we watching the same ****ing games?

usurp

CAAAAHTAH
Mar 6, 2011
Bucks Co
Flyers fan coming in peace. That Bolland slash was brutal on the shorthanded goal. Should have been called. :(

Also you guys looked great tonight. Both of the Blackhawks goals were suspect (Seabrook fell over like a rag doll to draw the penalty in the 1st and the Bolland slash).

Good luck the rest of the season!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well that sucked. Outshot once again and blew another lead. It's hilarious when this team tries to sit on a lead. Too often they try not to lose instead of going out and trying to win. I thought we played well overall but it doesn't matter if we don't get the points.

Fourth worst team in the league now.

member 116861

To all the people complaining about 'Hawks fans on Facebook, just imagine if this was the Leafs or Canucks on this streak.

:amazed:

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Such a disappointing game. The Avalanche are a Jekyll & Hyde act right now. Just when you think you know them, you don't.

how are they a Jekyll and Hyde act? They win games with a one-goal margin and lose games thanks to horrible special teams. It's been fairly consistent since day one of the season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Flyers fan coming in peace. That Bolland slash was brutal on the shorthanded goal. Should have been called. :(

Also you guys looked great tonight. Both of the Blackhawks goals were suspect (Seabrook fell over like a rag doll to draw the penalty in the 1st and the Bolland slash).

Its happened twice now. Perry knocked Zanons stick out his hand and scored now the Bolland play. Are they calling that this year or did I miss something?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Avs fans are just getting frustrated, due to the lack of winning. We seem to bring decent energy and effort most nights we just struggle to put pucks in the net consistently and seem to have a knack of falling apart in important situations. Plus we are sick and tired of our coaching staff making the same mistakes over and over.

I think in the long run you will be right and we'll become competitive, its just a long process and the fans are getting restless we want some wins to show us that if we are patient we are headed in the right direction. We can't just live off of solid efforts anymore we need some results as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Try living in Illinois. My Facebook has been blown up all night by idiot Hawks fans for no reason.

And of course when I bring up the Bolland play on McGinn, it was a "good hockey play"

:facepalm:

*shrug* maybe it's cause I live in chicago, but let them enjoy it, their team is doing something incredible, they're playing great tough hockey and gritting out wins. While it sucked that Bolland's play wasn't spotted and that some homer fans don't acknowledge that, they absolutely deserved that win, if we had buried any number of chances and avoided stupid mistakes that play wouldn't have changed the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad