Post-Game Talk: 3/6/13 Avs Lose 3-2 l We Actually Need More Hunwick, Not Less! l Part II

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It's official, Adrian Dater has finally lost all his marbles. How long will we be forced to have this incompetent ignoramus for our beat writer?

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
It's official, Adrian Dater has finally lost all his marbles. How long will we be forced to have this incompetent ignoramus for our beat writer?
I've been saying for years they need to make Chambers the full time guy and shuffle Dater over to the College Hockey beat. He seems burnt out covering the Avs.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Dater is hilarious when he is pissed off

adater ‏@adater

“@SteveBurtch: @adater Grabovski is in the exact same situation.â€/ he sucks too

Well, at least he is passionate about the Avs. The ones that says he hates the Avs are completely off base. Dater isn't ranting any worse than the average poster here. It just looks bad cause he is suppose to be a respected journalist.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
O'reilly could have played Toews better but that play doesn't get completed if Mcginn has a stick.

Anyways, for people talking about the draft, we need to take forwards wherever they're close to BPA. We're good at developing forwards, and have Barrie up playing with us and two more guys developing. Forwards can step in faster and can be traded for dmen as well.

If we 4-10 I want a forward, whether it's Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, Nichushkin, Shinkaruk, whatever.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This team will start to compete with big boys in the NHL if they draft Jones, Siemens , Elliott, Barrie all develop into solid players.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Even if Dater is a moron at least he has a personality and will call people out.

Chambers is a guy that states the obvious and toes the company line. yuck

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Dater is hilarious when he is pissed off

adater ‏@adater

“@SteveBurtch: @adater Grabovski is in the exact same situation.â€/ he sucks too

Eh just can't say stuff like this in a professional role. Or shouldn't anyways.

Wonder if he's been drinking :laugh:

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I've been saying for years they need to make Chambers the full time guy and shuffle Dater over to the College Hockey beat. He seems burnt out covering the Avs.

are you insane .... Sure Dater has gone off the deep end but that Chambers guy is a raving lunatic
why bother reading any of them

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Even if Dater is a moron at least he has a personality and will call people out.

Chambers is a guy that states the obvious and toes the company line.

Tbh, I would hate to have a reporter that would be Mr Positive and wouldn't have the heart to criticize the people he interviews and writes about on a daily basis.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
McGinn wasn't bad but I don't get how anyone could claim he was our best player. He wasn't by miles.

I don't think anyone said he was our best player (at least I didn't) .... But it was one of his best games of the year by far

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
My post in the other thread

Yup its coaching 101 when you got the lead in the third on a PP you put atleast one Dman on the point not go for 5 forwards. This loss brought to you by the incompotence of Joe freakin Sacco. Said it last game will say it again he is the worse coach this franchise has ever had. Ever. Playing Matt Hunwick is reason enough to fire him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Chambers is a guy that states the obvious and toes the company line. yuck

Except for the fact that he calls out people that don't deserve it, like him taking a shot at Varly tonight even though he played fine tonight and has been arguably our best player all year.

If your going to call people out make sure its the ones who deserve it like for example Jones who has been pretty awful all season, McGinn who is getting first line minutes and only has 1 point in his last 8 games, Zanon who is straight up crappy, O'Byrne who has looked like an AHL caliber dman all year, I'd even go as far to throw Landeskog in this category as well as he had one good game, and the rest of the year pretty invisible, which isn't good enough for the captain.

All the above would be good choices if you are going to call someone out, but yet he makes an a-hole comment about one of our best players who if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have even been in the game. Smooth move Dater you deserve a nut punch for that one.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Tbh, I would hate to have a reporter that would be Mr Positive and wouldn't have the heart to criticize the people he interviews and writes about on a daily basis.
Except Dater doesn't call out anyone but Stastny and for some odd reason Varly.

I've never noticed Chambers towing the company line. But if he's that bad, get Frei off the book circuit and get him back on the beat.

**eta**
or even better get Sadowski who used to cover the Avs for the Rocky Mtn News. He covers the NHL for the AP now and still lives in these parts I believe. He was really good too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How anyone can blame Varlamov tonight is beyond me. Seriously? He was next to spectacular in the first period alone. I've lost all respect for Dater officially tonight.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The more I stew over this one the more I want to dump stastny and jones. I feel like jones could go to a contender for a pretty terrible return(I'm okay with it). Take whatever we can get for stastny. Hopefully a #2 dman. Even if we had to add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad