GDT: 3/5/23 - 3:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Disappointing to see how some are turning on these guys after they've given so much. Plus, many of them played on bridge deals to allow our window to stay open. Most, if not all, have earned their money they got paid!!! Our GM did one heck of a job extending this teams window or we'd be "The Sharks of the West" right now. Plus, he's making moves to deal with the tough salary crunch. That cost draft picks, or assets, for favorable contracts. Especially when other teams know your tight cap situation. We're lucky our GM got good young talent to replace what Lightning lost after winning it all.

A little adversity and some are jumping ship while being nasty about it. But.......... remember this team has play a bunch of road hockey the 2nd half of this season. With back to back Sat/Sun road games to boot. After losing 1/2 the tam and the others playing so much playoff Hockey these last 3 years (SInce 2015 also). You'd think some would take all that into consideration before hating on this team. Sure, they've got to step it up if they want playoffs but their bodies/depth might not allow all that this year. They are human and we'll see soon enough what they have left.

Go Lightning!!!!
Did you watch the game? The last 7 games? They are professionals. This isn't HS, they want their money and rightly so. But, when they don't perform, they hear about it. You can't be a "pro" when things are going good and you want the big contract and then pull the we give so much crap when you suck. They are not giving Parking or Ticket refunds when TB lays an egg. Vinick and the players get theirs. Perform, that is your job. .

Reactions: FinnLightning26

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
And yet JBB destroyed the team in order to give him and Sergi not one but two raises. Cernak is the one of the three that has earned those raises. Cirelli has done no wrong in this page everyone just gushing over his Selke mentions yet he has not won it and is as inconsistent as any player on the team . He will have a game where he wins 60% at the dot then the next drops to 40%. He will have a three game scoring streak then go 10 missing the scoresheet. And it has been that way every year he has been on the team. When a coach and a GM are in man love with a player like this it is horrible to watch. Useful players moved or not given a chance thank you Carter Verhaghe we just do not have a place or money to pay you. Thanks Palat don’t let the door hit you in the ass, well Mac we have to move your cap out to pay the ELC’s.

People that like to watch young players well your going to enjoy the next 5 to 7 years of mediocrity. After such a dominating fun team to watch, they turned ordinary and now just plain pitiful.
I would have paid Palat over Cirelli. Moved Cirelli rather than GOurde. Never been a Cirelli fan, role player.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Maybe they don't care? We went for wins in 2019 and it got us 0 when it mattered. I'd rather "limp" in than go in like Boston. Pressure is on like that.
Maybe they don't. You'd think they would care when they're getting embarrassed night after night but what do I know? I'm just a fatass watching a game.

Well, at least Kuch and Bogo were mad. Point and Stamkos did f*** all after being humiliated last night.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
If you have played team sports (no matter the level) you go through something like this at some point. At first when you have a spell of bad games, you might tweak things here and there but you just try to play through it but you might reach some point where it's really bad and you realize this won't work.

Then it's really time to take a step back and focus on the basics, just try to keep things simple. This is obviously such a point and I'm sure Coop and the coaching staff know that this game was by far the worst of the season and they and the player's will need to dig deep to get back on track.

Only redemption is that it happens now, when there is time to sort things out. Hopefully Hedman and Serg are alright and that the game against Flyers will be a turning point!

Reactions: Stammertime91

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I don't understand why we didn't pick up defensemen at the deadline, or way before the deadline. If we miss the playoffs, who loses their job?

Reactions: Nevins

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This will be Torterella's Super Bowl, kick us while down and do it loudly...
The last time a Tortorella team gave us a good kick, that in his own words “created a monster.” Maybe he can do it again?

I would love to see this team’s resolve finally show. You had a bad game. Now it’s been a handful of bad games. Get over it and play a good one. That’s what has made this team successful in previous playoff runs.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't understand why we didn't pick up defensemen at the deadline, or way before the deadline. If we miss the playoffs, who loses their job?
Nobody. We could miss this year and the next and the trust is there for Cooper and Brisebois. Maybe the assistants would lose their jobs but that's it. I don't blame Coop. Every good coach has things that rub fanbases the wrong way. He's earned my trust even if from a fans perspective I'd do the odd thing here and there differently.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
DisfiguredDisastrousBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The last time a Tortorella team gave us a good kick, that in his own words “created a monster.” Maybe he can do it again?

I would love to see this team’s resolve finally show. You had a bad game. Now it’s been a handful of bad games. Get over it and play a good one. That’s what has made this team successful in previous playoff runs.
Should've petitioned to have his name etched on those wins too. Lol.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
If you have played team sports (no matter the level) you go through something like this at some point. At first when you have a spell of bad games, you might tweak things here and there but you just try to play through it but you might reach some point where it's really bad and you realize this won't work.

Then it's really time to take a step back and focus on the basics, just try to keep things simple. This is obviously such a point and I'm sure Coop and the coaching staff know thaI
I agree with you. What I am concerned about is the additions and subtractions have gutted this team. We went from having a supporting staff of Pros, Pros. I am concerned we lost Palat, Gourde, Johnson, McDonnagh, Callahan, etc... The replacements have not stepped up like those guys. Paul is the best in my opinion. But, I think we lost heart of this team.

Reactions: These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The right thing to do was to offload any unnecessary contracts, get a little younger and trade high on a few guys. If we had missed the playoffs it was no big deal. We probably (with the right moves) would have been odds on favorite next year. At this point I'm seeing an early exit and possibly missing the playoffs all together next year if something doesn't change

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Wow. Our beloved team has gone from "nobody wants to play us" to "Come on biotches" in just 4 seasons.

Let's hope some pride and honor returns or this will be a very short postseason.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
The right thing to do was to offload any unnecessary contracts, get a little younger and trade high on a few guys. If we had missed the playoffs it was no big deal. We probably (with the right moves) would have been odds on favorite next year. At this point I'm seeing an early exit and possibly missing the playoffs all together next year if something doesn't change
I am not sure what Cooper's vision for this team is anymore. You watch Carolina, Boston, Colorado last year you can see what they are assembling and how they want to play. Under Cooper the last 2 years we have blurred into somethng that doesn't seem to be sustainable. The style we played in last year's playoffs was painful to watch and on players bodies. Does Cooper want every season to be a war of attrition where we are blocking 35 shots a game a night? We have been successful because of the great talent, not the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00