GDT: 3/5/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Would not have Cam Jansen on my team. Remember his cheap shot on Kaberle a few years ago. He goes after small guys and soft guys, this is why we need the instigater penalty to go. Other guys I wouldn't have on my team Kaleta, Cooke, Rinaldo, Torres. These guys don't play physical they try to injure.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They need toughness in the back end. They have zero it seems like. If they were to make a move, Id make it to get some tough guys back there who arent afraid to hit. We have missed Ohlund like crazy. Nobody hits guys in front of the net. They let guys do whatever they want. You arent going to win games in this league if you let that happen. Also if they were better at getting the puck out of their own zone would go a long way as well.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I thought the Janssen hit was more borderline than malicious. I'm a bit surprised the league didn't come down on him, but after watching the play numerous times I don't think it was that bad. I'm just glad Conacher is okay. I'm also thankful that Janssen didn't start pounding away on Hedman.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
They need toughness in the back end. They have zero it seems like. If they were to make a move, Id make it to get some tough guys back there who arent afraid to hit. We have missed Ohlund like crazy. Nobody hits guys in front of the net. They let guys do whatever they want. You arent going to win games in this league if you let that happen. Also if they were better at getting the puck out of their own zone would go a long way as well.

Aulie started the season throwing hits but seems to have backed off in the physical play. Seems like Hedman was more physical as well earlier on. Might not be such an issue with the players but in the way they are being coached.

This system we have really hasn't shown itself to be effective at the NHL level and the coaching staff needs to adjust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad