[/fieldset]

foot1q.png
foot2.png

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Maybe Garons injury will be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps CD gets some playing time and the team rallies around him and the team start winning again. They start to look good and puts up a mini win streak with CD in net and we all get visions of playoffs in our heads. Because we are winning SFY makes no major moves at the trade deadline just in time for then Garon to get better, CD to be sent back down and the team reverts to what they have been and we miss the playoffs finishing 9th. :cry:

As for this game a win would be nice but Devils have not been playing well. Which means they will against us. Lightning lose by 1 goal again. 4-3

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Maybe Garons injury will be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps CD gets some playing time and the team rallies around him and the team start winning again. They start to look good and puts up a mini win streak with CD in net and we all get visions of playoffs in our heads. Because we are winning SFY makes no major moves at the trade deadline just in time for then Garon to get better, CD to be sent back down and the team reverts to what they have been and we miss the playoffs finishing 9th. :cry:

As for this game a win would be nice but Devils have not been playing well. Which means they will against us. Lightning lose by 1 goal again. 4-3

Your brand of cynicism intrigues me. Do you have a newsletter?

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
..after this game, will we have another six-game losing streak? It's really astonishing, how such a good team with a lot of great players so often losing games and can not find a recipe for victory. A few teams have a much worse roster than us, and still have a more points/victories.

We have a really good roster and again we will have probably another draft year in top5.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kovalchuk and Elias have been cold lately, watch both of them light us up.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I didn't read through the GDT for yesterday but did anyone else love the way labrie played? He looked like a wrecking ball out there and had a few decent plays.

Ders confirmed?

Anyways I'm guessing a loss. Kovi with a shorty again.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The New Jersey Devils play a Thorazine Brand of Hockey. It's like every game is a road game for them, so patient. So drool inducingly boring. Then they win and you think to yourself..."I could have cleaned a public urinal and been more amused."

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The New Jersey Devils play a Thorazine Brand of Hockey. It's like every game is a road game for them, so patient. So drool inducingly boring. Then they win and you think to yourself..."I could have cleaned a public urinal and been more amused."

Indeed. So methodical, the Devils. It works so well for them. I wish this team were better.

Facing the Devils on a back to back. Nope.

:cry:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
As always, great job on the GDT, Days! :handclap:

As for the game: It's hard not to be pessimistic about this one.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
The guys are close to getting wins, the compete level is good, passing is decent. Decision making/mistakes are hurting us. Brewer is stinking up the place right now: turnovers, stick is only rarely in the passing/shooting lanes, not taking the body either. Brew is just there, but not effective. It feels weird to write it, but Brian Lee is playing better than Brewer and should be getting more minutes. I personally prefer Korobov and Gudas to either Brewer or Lee, but that's just me. I'd also like to see the coaches be faster in recognizing who is playing well during a game and adjust the minutes accordingly.

Now Garon is out, uhgg. Here's to hoping Lindback's time off helped him clear his mind.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I would be more pleased if Stamkos started winning faceoffs and playing some defense. Goals aren't everything.

In every facet of the game of hockey, except scoring and hitting, Stamkos has taken a step back it seems. His decision making is noticeably worse, probably because he thinks he has to do it all. Face-offs, lol. Thankfully the kid, and he still really is a kid, is a Rink Ninja with Nightcrawler's abilities. He just ****ing teleports to the loose pucks and puts em in, I swear.

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
We are back to last year, hoping for Stamkos to score goals or points without caring if we win or not. Not that we don't care for winning but we are pleased with Stamkos scoring. I hope this team turns it around but a Seth Jones/Hedman pairing would be nice.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Stamkos is such a great player but is trying to turn this team around by himself. He needs to start using his linemates more. Brewer is done, too slow, too soft, mistake prone. The sad part of all this is for the most part the mistakes are being made by the veterans !!! GUDAS....

TampaBolt

Muck Fichigan!
Jun 8, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Stamkos is such a great player but is trying to turn this team around by himself. He needs to start using his linemates more. Brewer is done, too slow, too soft, mistake prone. The sad part of all this is for the most part the mistakes are being made by the veterans !!! GUDAS....

Stamkos is great don't get me wrong. His production level this year does not go in hand with his play. Something is missing maybe he is trying to hard or he is feeling pressured to perform with his team failing this season. The scary part is that he just turned 23 and still can get better and I believe he will. He has that kind of work ethic. The other problem is that this condensed season is exposing his weaknesses even more and that just not only applies to Stammer but the whole team as well. Just look at Lindback, Brewer, Purcell, Malone, Carle etc... While this might not be the year, I believe next year will be a different story. But hey, there are 26 games left and anything can happen in a shortened season playing in a bad division. This team is young and inexperienced in certain areas (even Stamkos is still young) and maybe we are expecting too much out of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad