Pre-Game Talk: 3/4 - Original 6 Showdown - Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers - 1pm ET - ABC, ESPN+, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I have a serious issue with falling more than (like) 4 feet. Eleven feet is one full story on a house, or like falling from the second floor.
Thank God you're still here, even a slip and fall can cause a person to hit their head and
die.
People have drowned to death in an inch of water. As resilient as the human body is, we hear stories all the time of people who fall/jump out of planes and survive when their parachutes don't open but those IMO are less common than people falling down a couple of stairs and buying the farm.
So sorry that you had to experience it but thank God you're still here and hopefully fully recovered, ready to watch today's game and whatever happens in the next few months for the B's (and we loyal fans).
Okay, I count 8 matinee games this coming month (18:30-21:00 starts in my time zone) plus a few 23:00 starts. I think it is time for me to get that espn+ subscription and watch some live hockey again.
Great idea....what is the cost of getting the rest of the season.....any idea, I may end up doing the same.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I’m an electrician myself, and falling is my number one fear at work. Falls are the number one cause of death among all construction workers. Even electricians.

Hey fellow angry pixy wrangler!

You know how you know someone is an electrician?

They tell you. 😬

All jokes aside though....

The fall doesn't even have to be that far to seriously injure you either, I know an electrician that fell all of 3 feet when a plank he was standing on gave way, he broke one of the small bones on the top of his foot where it meets his ankle and he is going for his 3rd operation in 3 years to try to fix it. He has not been able to fully recover since. I feel terrible for him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
To this day my mom’s party trick is give her a number and she’ll tell you who wore it for the B’s in the 70s.

But definitely…Mrs Forbert just went along with her husband on that one.

Someone picked the wrong board to talk about women hockey fans.
True I would guess the Bs HF board has the most women posters.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
To this day my mom’s party trick is give her a number and she’ll tell you who wore it for the B’s in the 70s.

But definitely…Mrs Forbert just went along with her husband on that one.

Someone picked the wrong board to talk about women hockey fans.

True I would guess the Bs HF board has the most women posters.

It’s possible there are more women here than any five other boards on this site combined. I can honestly only think of three others (women posters/members). I know there are more, but I don’t know them.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Great idea....what is the cost of getting the rest of the season.....any idea, I may end up doing the same.
Thank you for the positive words. I am not fully recovered yet....Ribs and Collarbone have healed , Shoulder is still tweeked. Won't be getting in the batting cage this spring...lol But ya Gordoff , its a scarey thing as your falling...even 11 feet. The thoughts that go through your mind....Is this my last thoughts on earth Im thinking right now. My life is the best its ever been. I 'am a very positive guy, always been. This is going to be the best Year I hope for all of us. We are seeing a very special team in front of us right now. I am very fortunate to be here with the greatest hockey fans on earth ( HFB's ) and the greatest team on earth ( B's ) Thanks for letting me be part of your lives the last 13 years. Peace Out and long live King Ullmark ....lol Just kidding ....I love both Goalies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I wanted to go but will be on my couch We have about 10 inches of snow and it is still coming down. I am turning into a wimp.

I’ve had a hell of a week. Work stuff, family stuff, really busy in general. I was supposed to get brunch with a group of friends today but it was cancelled. I’m not sad about it.

There is probably an inch and a half of slop here. Good day to do nothing.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Future Boston Bruin..... 2041 Draft Pick
058CD5F9-9A7E-44AF-BB9B-322EADA77736.jpeg

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rangers down 2 roster spots. Let’s hope the boys take advantage of what should be some tired ranger legs widest through the game.

Let’s hope Orlov continues his impressive start. I’m expecting a big Bruin win today. With that said it’ll go to OT

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Hey fellow angry pixy wrangler!

You know how you know someone is an electrician?

They tell you. 😬

All jokes aside though....

The fall doesn't even have to be that far to seriously injure you either, I know an electrician that fell all of 3 feet when a plank he was standing on gave way, he broke one of the small bones on the top of his foot where it meets his ankle and he is going for his 3rd operation in 3 years to try to fix it. He has not been able to fully recover since. I feel terrible for him.
So true ...it don't take to far of a fall to change your life forever. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully things change somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad