Pre-Game Talk: 3/4 - Original 6 Showdown - Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers - 1pm ET - ABC, ESPN+, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I fully understand....Hip surgery isn't something I would want to go through. I fell 11 feet and landed on my back last Oct. I broke 3 ribs , collarbone and separated my shoulder. Just missed landing on a piano , as the staging almost crushed my skull....I was happy to be alive that day....lol First time I ever fell in 40 years of construction.
I recently tripped on my extension cord.....stepped on it and the tripped with other foot which pissed me off since I am extremely careful about stuff under foot. Landed with my thumb on a digging tool which took out a large chunk at base of thumb... Bled all day...couldn't get stitches as it was a divet not a cut.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I recently tripped on my extension cord.....stepped on it and the tripped with other foot which pissed me off since I am extremely careful about stuff under foot. Landed with my thumb on a digging tool which took out a large chunk at base of thumb... Bled all day...couldn't get stitches as it was a divet not a cut.
Sounded like a bad day .

Reactions: rfournier103

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Im 60 years old in 2 weeks. I wish I could stay off ladders, but I do exterior and interior construction which includes climbing 40 feet or more. Thank God The Lord was on my side that day. It was equitment failure as the bottom of one of the ladders bend over and let go. It wasn't easy getting in and out of bed for sometime.
I'm 60 this year also..... I limit myself to a 24ft extension ladder. Any higher not doing it. I do end up frequently not doing the 3 points of contact, as I need both hands sometime

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Respectfully, you are wrong sir.
Ladies held Derek in high esteem.
Right you are

Orr and Espo were the elite players, Sandy was truly the stick that stirred the drink...both on and especially off the ice.

i always wonder how his life might have turned out differently had he not gone to the WHA....but the offer was too significant to pass up

Last edited:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I’m an electrician myself, and falling is my number one fear at work. Falls are the number one cause of death among all construction workers. Even electricians.

(For those of you who are curious, electrocution is actually the fourth leading cause of death among electricians.)

I am beyond happy to hear that you not only survived, but avoided a more catastrophic injury. I have a severe phobia of heights. I can work off of stepladders no problem, but extension ladders and scissor lifts cause me panic attacks. I’m not so much afraid of falling and dying as I am falling and “surviving.”

“Im 60 years old in 2 weeks. I wish I could stay off ladders, but I do exterior and interior construction which includes climbing 40 feet or more. Thank God The Lord was on my side that day. It was equitment failure as the bottom of one of the ladders bend over and let go. It wasn't easy getting in and out of bed for sometime.”

Amen to that.

I had a near miss once myself that erased any possible doubt I ever had that there was a God and He was definitely standing next to me.

If you have not completely recovered by now, I pray that you will get there soon.

Be careful out there, brother.

EDIT: I fubar’d the second post by @Lordstanley. Apologies.
My Dad always said...."It's not the fall that will hurt you.....it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I'm 60 this year also..... I limit myself to a 24ft extension ladder. Any higher not doing it. I do end up frequently not doing the 3 points of contact, as I need both hands sometime
Yes ....climbing ladders is not for everyone. Being on ladders and staging since I was 13 years old. And only falling that one time last Oct is all its takes.....plus I was by myself which is a very bad thing to do in the construction industry. Im glad you were ok.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hate the Rags more than most. I really hate their fans and am going to be heartbroken if once again the garden is full of them.
Heartbroken, naaah. Think of all of those nice, dumb, ignorant Rags fans willing to leave large sums of money here in Boston to watch their team get trounced. End of the day, they will be heartbroken. Have a nice day!:wg:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I fully understand....Hip surgery isn't something I would want to go through. I fell 11 feet and landed on my back last Oct. I broke 3 ribs , collarbone and separated my shoulder. Just missed landing on a piano , as the staging almost crushed my skull....I was happy to be alive that day....lol First time I ever fell in 40 years of construction.
I have a serious issue with falling more than (like) 4 feet. Eleven feet is one full story on a house, or like falling from the second floor.
Thank God you're still here, even a slip and fall can cause a person to hit their head and
die.
People have drowned to death in an inch of water. As resilient as the human body is, we hear stories all the time of people who fall/jump out of planes and survive when their parachutes don't open but those IMO are less common than people falling down a couple of stairs and buying the farm.
So sorry that you had to experience it but thank God you're still here and hopefully fully recovered, ready to watch today's game and whatever happens in the next few months for the B's (and we loyal fans).

Last edited:

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
View attachment 662910
Baby Jake’s getting his game face on.

He was a very good boy and let daddy get a workout in while mommy rested.

He loves watching the Bruins with mommy and daddy and we can’t wait to bring him to a game some day.

I know I am late but we have been busy with our own little boy, congratulations to you and your wife on little Jake :D when was he born?

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Okay, I count 8 matinee games this coming month (18:30-21:00 starts in my time zone) plus a few 23:00 starts. I think it is time for me to get that espn+ subscription and watch some live hockey again.

aguineapig

Respectfully, you are wrong sir.
The ladies at Madison Square Garden thought Derek was really HOT!

What about New York?

Sanderson: I liked New York. They burned me in effigy one time. They hung me off the top of the balcony. They actually had a straw dummy with a Bruins sweater and then somebody lit fire to it and they didn’t realize all the people down below were going to get burnt. Yeah, New York was good … getting coffee thrown on you, that smarts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:rolleyes:Respectfully, you are wrong sir.
Year. You know we don't know anything about hockey being women and all

Yeah little after 10am in Rochester and we already have 8+. Great day to stay in and watch some hockey (then shoveling)
I would have braved the ride to Boston if my hip was not such a pain I hate missing this one I will be watching with you guys

• Haha
Reactions: sooshii

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
To this day my mom’s party trick is give her a number and she’ll tell you who wore it for the B’s in the 70s.

But definitely…Mrs Forbert just went along with her husband on that one.

Someone picked the wrong board to talk about women hockey fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad