GDT: 3/30: Wish Upon A Star: Bruins vs. Stars *7:30 PM* NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think I hate the role Pierre is given more so than I do Pierre's actual commentating style.

The full-time rinkside reporter is basically just a position for someone to tell you about useless information ("there's a lot of talking on the Bruins bench") and to give you another "perspective" such as incredible insight about how the Bruins have a "territorial advantage".

I get that he's annoying, but the very role he is given sets him, and anyone in his position, up to fail.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think I hate the role Pierre is given more so than I do Pierre's actual commentating style.

The full-time rinkside reporter is basically just a position for someone to tell you about useless information ("there's a lot of talking on the Bruins bench") and to give you another "perspective" such as incredible insight about how the Bruins have a "territorial advantage".

I get that he's annoying, but the very role he is given sets him, and anyone in his position, up to fail.

I typically like him, but this format of him between the benches without a color guy in the booth just isn't very effective.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The Bergeron bumper shot is as well set up as it is predictable at this point. Teams seem to have it covered more often than not but they seem obligated to try it once or twice every PP.

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015

I know what you mean but I've learned to enjoy his enthusiasm, he loves his job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad