Injury Report: 3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Crosby took that puck to the mouth at 87 seconds into the game..... Spoooky.

Just bumping to next page so others would see.

Glad about that update, he must be so loopy right now from the gas they would have given him, probably has no idea the boys pulled out the win.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
MOD WARNING for outside folks:

DO NOT TROLL THIS THREAD or even post something that is borderline trolling. The only attention you'll guarantee yourself is an infraction(s).

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't know... looked too high to be a jaw injury. I'd imagine he wouldn't be out -all- that long, but will definitely be rocking the full face coverage for a little while I'd imagine.

Pfnf

Dec 13, 2008
Tyrol Austria
I don't know... looked too high to be a jaw injury. I'd imagine he wouldn't be out -all- that long, but will definitely be rocking the full face coverage for a little while I'd imagine.

this is what I was thinking too..Bylsma didn't rule out concussion tests but I fully expect them to be negative #fingerscrossed

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Are the Penguins the only ones that can't figure out something really bad happens every time they wear those blue uniforms? :laugh:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
this is what I was thinking too..Bylsma didn't rule out concussion tests but I fully expect them to be negative #fingerscrossed

Yeah on the surface it looked like some teeth rearranging but what is seen and what the xrays show can be two very different things. Ruling out a concussion should be the #1 thing

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Are the Penguins the only ones that can't figure out something really bad happens every time they wear those blue uniforms? :laugh:

Not to mention there was probably zero people that wanted to see Iginlas first game as a pen, in a blue uni. Who's the smart guy that scheduled this one?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Hopefully its just teeth and he got some new suckers put in.

Players should wear face shields damnit

Krom

Nov 30, 2002
Visit site

Looked like it hit him right on the lips. He wears an upper guard, so my guess is the loss of 3-4 lower teeth and a several stitches in or around his mouth.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
It is a bit ridiculous that players don't wear full cages.

This coming from someone that doesn't even wear a visor when he plays. :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Not to mention there was probably zero people that wanted to see Iginlas first game as a pen, in a blue uni. Who's the smart guy that scheduled this one?

I'd imagine they had been scheduled for a while to wear the blue uniforms today but who knows. I was picturing Iginla in Black and Vegas gold and thought he'd look good in that. He looked strange in the blue and of course the injury curse that pops up every time we wear the damn things. Hopefully wearing them in the future is discontinued.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Broken jaw means from 4 to 6 weeks of rehab. Petr Nedved suffered it in the playoffs in Czech league and played after one week of rehab, though not 100%..

Hopefully it´s not the case here, but even if it is, it´s not the end of the world. Sid will be ready for the playoffs, say the least.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

It was scheduled at the beginning of the season. The Penguins, like all teams wearing an alternate jersey, are contractually obligated to wear them at least 6 times this year.

Tuesday will be the last time they'll be worn before they're thrown to the mothballs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It would be nice if Sid could actually win a scoring title one of these seasons, instead of leading the league by a wide margin only to get hurt and someone wins by default with him out. :shakehead

Hopefully he doesn't miss more than about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad