GDT: 3/30/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I have no problem with people critizing the team when they deserve it because I do that a lot too. During the games I don't look at the overall picture, I just focus on that game. If I feel they can do better and are not playing to their potential, I will critize them. My judgement gets way too easily clouded during and after games though. :laugh: When I sleep on it and think about it the next day, things don't seem nearly as grim.

It's been that way with me always during sporting events and for better or worse, probably always will. :D

Rikiki Bousquet

Oct 3, 2012
Completely disagree with you rob, just because you can't take any criticism about this team doesn't mean it's bad. It's good that people can point out this teams weaknesses, that way we can actually notice improvements. Ever go to the habs board where they're the best team in the league and every loss is because of luck/bounces/refs/anything but their own play?

And I really don't think we're doing much better than expected, we were predicted to be one of the top teams in the east and we're doing just that.

Sorry for interrupting the discussion here :P, but I was really surprised when I read this.

Sure, some of us are sour losers (you might say many or most !). But, honestly, I've never heard of a more negative fanbase than ours. Heck, a good part of the fanbase is mad whenever DD scores :P even if it means we win ! Plus the fact that most of our main threads are bashing threads against players or the coach.

Anyways, I really like your team and I think it might do wonders in the playoffs... even though I want us to sweep you in 4 just for revenge ;).

GL;HF !

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sorry for interrupting the discussion here :P, but I was really surprised when I read this.

Sure, some of us are sour losers (you might say many or most !). But, honestly, I've never heard of a more negative fanbase than ours. Heck, a good part of the fanbase is mad whenever DD scores :P even if it means we win ! Plus the fact that most of our main threads are bashing threads against players or the coach.

Anyways, I really like your team and I think it might do wonders in the playoffs... even though I want us to sweep you in 4 just for revenge ;).

GL;HF !

Yeah, the Habs fanbase is weirdly sour on both their coach and GM for a team that's 1st in their division.

I get it, mind you. I think there's a belief that MTL is relying too much on their goalie, which is mirrored by the rest of the league's fanbases, and I wouldn't be too comfortable relying that much on a goalie either. But it's a little odd to see such a pronounced hatred for a coaching staff, even so.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Yeah, the Habs fanbase is weirdly sour on both their coach and GM for a team that's 1st in their division.

I get it, mind you. I think there's a belief that MTL is relying too much on their goalie, which is mirrored by the rest of the league's fanbases, and I wouldn't be too comfortable relying that much on a goalie either. But it's a little odd to see such a pronounced hatred for a coaching staff, even so.

Never understood when fans get like that. Some Isles fans had that same sourness earlier this year when we were in 1st place. It's weird.

Not saying winning and being in 1st doesn't mean you don't have issues, but the sourness needs to be tampered with perspective.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I definitely dig into certain players or situations when the mistakes become perpetual (PP, Killorn, Filpps not shooting, Hedman making rookie gaffes, not protecting each other, bad penalties, etc). And usually it's an egregious error that gets me to jump on the board to see if others are commenting, and I'll do the same.

I'm real positive and excited when watching games. I just tend to point out things we do wrong vs. things we do right/cheer textually. So I'm sure some may see me as the board cynic. I just do a lot of venting, reading of others' comments, and debating/discussing. I'm sure I throw in some hyperbole from time to time. It's usually just me getting overly worked up about something that should have been addressed by now lol.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

GL;HF !

You have never been on the Red wings board.

Mynameismark*

We have a good chance to overtake 1st here tonight. MTL is up against the Caps next, and they don't match up particularly well with them.

Comparing our remaining schedules, it looks like a bit of a toss-up. We both play Florida, and that's a hungry team that can beat either of us. We both play NJ, who I'd be willing to wager plays better against us than MTL. Ottawa's on our schedule too, and that's another super-hungry team with their back against the wall after a couple of crucial losses.

For comparison:

MTL: Washington, NJ, Florida, Detroit, Toronto
TB: Toronto, Ottawa, Florida, NJ, Boston

Pretty similar, really, especially when you consider Toronto is kind of to them what NJ is to us--a bad team who always plays them tough.

It really might come down to how beat up we are, and MTL's extra point. And Cooper, according to his own quotes, learned a valuable lesson about not going "all in" for the extra regular season prize last year. So I would expect/hope that we'll rest guys who need rest.

On another note: What a HUGE game between Boston and Florida tonight. That's a playoff game.

Montreal is 2-0 against them this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad