GDT: 3/30/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Completely disagree with you rob, just because you can't take any criticism about this team doesn't mean it's bad. It's good that people can point out this teams weaknesses, that way we can actually notice improvements. Ever go to the habs board where they're the best team in the league and every loss is because of luck/bounces/refs/anything but their own play?

And I really don't think we're doing much better than expected, we were predicted to be one of the top teams in the east and we're doing just that.

i think i was only guy on board predicting win.

whole first period was terrible even tied that is what am talking about i get the powerless play lol

but we looked good to me on power play and think dfc and maybe two other peeps were only ones pointed that out?

so not trying to come across wrong. not saying we cant slam carle for shooting one over the boards etc. just saying we have more positive then negatives even as a walking mash unit and we should as fans truly appreciate it.

i thought we were predicted 4th in league and most of our fans were we will go to playoffs and is all.

if anyone said this year we can win a cup I would be surprised lol.

another point bishop pass to stamkos anyone say stammer good pass to vladdy?

these are positives i see we ignore or tend to that last year we would be saying things.

being spoiled maybe? wasnt calling out any one person honestly for sure wasnt *****ing at you sky

another case pacoiretty goal was ohh my of course no commentary or criticism besides we suck lol

i can take criticism all day i lay some down myself but the we suck this guy sucks no reason why???

blah blah is old.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
i think i was only guy on board predicting win.

whole first period was terrible even tied that is what am talking about i get the powerless play lol

but we looked good to me on power play and think dfc and maybe two other peeps were only ones pointed that out?

so not trying to come across wrong. not saying we cant slam carle for shooting one over the boards etc. just saying we have more positive then negatives even as a walking mash unit and we should as fans truly appreciate it.

i thought we were predicted 4th in league and most of our fans were we will go to playoffs and is all.

if anyone said this year we can win a cup I would be surprised lol.

another point bishop pass to stamkos anyone say stammer good pass to vladdy?

these are positives i see we ignore or tend to that last year we would be saying things.

being spoiled maybe? wasnt calling out any one person honestly for sure wasnt *****ing at you sky

another case pacoiretty goal was ohh my of course no commentary or criticism besides we suck lol

i can take criticism all day i lay some down myself but the we suck this guy sucks no reason why???

blah blah is old.

I know Rob, we just disagree a lot, I have nothing against you :P

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
bishop does seem to play better when we let them shoot more on him so maybe having all are defenseman hurt will help him.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
How was the game? Looks like we won and clinched a playoff spot which is nice considering the injuries and stuff.

But the actual game? Noticed they took 2 penalties against Bishop. Why go for our goalie all the time? :shakehead

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How was the game? Looks like we won and clinched a playoff spot which is nice considering the injuries and stuff.

But the actual game? Noticed they took 2 penalties against Bishop. Why go for our goalie all the time? :shakehead

Because they know their only chance is if Bishop gets injured again.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

http://www.boltprospects.com/content/nhl-game-night-3-30-15-lightning-canadiens

Let's recap, shall we? The Lightning entered this game down 3 regular defensemen (Coburn, Garrison, and Sustr) and an all-star centerman (Johnson). By the end of the game, they lost Victor Hedman to an undisclosed injury that led him to skate just 1 shift in the Third Period. By all rights, the Lightning could have just folded. Montreal, having not won against Tampa Bay all season and seeing an opportunity to jump out to a potential 3 point lead in the division at home with precious few games left to go, had everything to play for. Everything in the stew was against the Lightning. Right?
Wrong. The Lightning just rolled over Montreal like a conquering, unstoppable army to complete a 5-0-0 sweep against the Habs this season. They outshot them 44-28 and outplayed them so badly the Canadiens were booed off their home ice at the end of the Second Period. That wasn't a game. That was the Lightning reaching into Montreal's chest cavity, pulling their heart out, and then feeding it to them. That was a team that outworked Montreal by such a wide margin that it was irrelevant who was back on defense, because for much of the night Montreal simply could not get the puck long enough to put any pressure on the precocious children wearing white Tampa Bay jerseys for it to matter an iota. I've never seen a team that unbelievably undermanned outplay a playoff caliber team by such an unbelievably wide margin. It was majestic. I have no clue who the Lightning will have left to play defense by the time they roll into Toronto tomorrow night. They might have to pull the first kid out of the stands with a Stamkos jersey on and give him a pair of skates at this rate. It doesn't matter, though. I just want to spend the next 18 hours or so basking in the unmistakable power of what this Lightning team is capable of when it truly decides it wants to do something. The last time I felt this good was one of the Lightning's ECF wins in the 7 game series against Boston.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I was only negative about this game because of the injuries and you'd think Montreal would get it together and beat us at least one time. I'm definitely not chicken little about the team overall. Might not be our year especially if the injuries continue but it will be our decade if you catch my drift. I agree there's too much piling on the team after our few losses. Guys deserve criticism but they also deserve a little perspective.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The Habs didn't play well. But i have never seen a goalie flop so much like bishop. It's sad to see. The league definitely needs to step in and do something about it.
--Habs fan PGT.

Seriously rich right there. He flinched when Weise put his stick in his face. He took offense to Gallagher kicking his glove with his skate after the whistle. Not really "flopping".

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Completely disagree with you rob, just because you can't take any criticism about this team doesn't mean it's bad. It's good that people can point out this teams weaknesses, that way we can actually notice improvements. Ever go to the habs board where they're the best team in the league and every loss is because of luck/bounces/refs/anything but their own play?

And I really don't think we're doing much better than expected, we were predicted to be one of the top teams in the east and we're doing just that.

He has a point on negativity though. There are times when you would think, by reading a GDT, that we're a bottom-feeding team. We're one of the best teams in the league and sometimes I question whether or not we're even enjoying that.

Some of the stuff that goes on is fun anti-jinx type stuff (I do this too, because, well, look at my posts on the Around The League thread if you want proof jinxes are real--e.g., "L.A. has only given up 5 shots halfway through this game vs. MTL," and then MTL instantly flips the switch and comes back to win. The thread is littered with my jinxes.). But it feels like the consensus is every period that we don't dominate is a "bad" period where we lacked effort.

Maybe that's just the way some of us enjoy hockey. I don't know. If that's the case, then all the power to them. I'm just hoping that we recognize that this is a good team, and these are the "good times" as hockey fans that we should be enjoying. There's not a lot to be bitter about with this team. (...Okay, the PP. ;) )

Last edited:

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
--Habs fan PGT.

Seriously rich right there. He flinched when Weise put his stick in his face. He took offense to Gallagher kicking his glove with his skate after the whistle. Not really "flopping".

"**** sakes why do you always ****ing lose to these ****ing idiots"

:laugh:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I honestly never noticed that type of negativity as far as sweeping generalizations, except for maybe that stretch where we lost 4 in 5 to some teams we should've beaten - you start wondering if the problem is bigger.

I think the "concerns" are the fact that we're icing almost an AHL level D right now, and some common sense concerns about how far we can go with that.

Also - we need to get on Stamkos' case again. He's not ****ing shooting. Stop passing it to Killorn.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I think the "concerns" are the fact that we're icing almost an AHL level D right now, and some common sense concerns about how far we can go with that.

Exactly that. Going into the Montreal game, it was completely reasonable to be worried about how our depleted roster was going to fare against a team that was likely wanting to give us the business and avoid a sweep.

It's great that we won, and I'm thrilled, but I don't question anyone who thought we might not.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I honestly never noticed that type of negativity as far as sweeping generalizations, except for maybe that stretch where we lost 4 in 5 to some teams we should've beaten - you start wondering if the problem is bigger.

Also - we need to get on Stamkos' case again. He's not ****ing shooting. Stop passing it to Killorn.

There was a sequence right before Namestnikov's first goal where Stamkos came clear in on the slot, an obvious shooting chance, and he passed it up, and I was wondering just WTF he was thinking at that moment. That was the most obvious I can remember from last night.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He has a point on negativity though. There are times when you would think, by reading a GDT, that we're a bottom-feeding team. We're one of the best teams in the league and sometimes I question whether or not we're even enjoying that.

Some of the stuff that goes on is fun anti-jinx type stuff (I do this too, because, well, look at my posts on the Around The League thread if you want proof jinxes are real--e.g., "L.A. has only given up 5 shots halfway through this game vs. MTL," and then MTL instantly flips the switch and comes back to win. The thread is littered with my jinxes.). But it feels like the consensus is every period that we don't dominate is a "bad" period where we lacked effort.

Maybe that's just the way some of us enjoy hockey. I don't know. If that's the case, then all the power to them. I'm just hoping that we recognize that this is a good team, and these are the "good times" as hockey fans that we should be enjoying. There's not a lot to be bitter about with this team. (...Okay, the PP. ;) )

Rob used the PP situation as an example of the negativity, IMO it truly deserves all the hate it gets until Cooper realizes how bad it is, sure it may have a good sequence or 2 that goes unnoticed by most but that doesn't change the fact that it's garbage 90% of the time. We're talking about something that could change the outcome of a series and 77 games in, Coop still has no idea how to utilize it.

I think most of the criticism stems from the fact that although we're a good team, we could be a lot better, as good as this team is, it's scary that there's still so much room for improvement, and a lot of people see that. Which is why we hold a higher standard instead of having the "just accept that we're a good team" mentality.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Rob used the PP situation as an example of the negativity, IMO it truly deserves all the hate it gets until Cooper realizes how bad it is, sure it may have a good sequence or 2 that goes unnoticed by most but that doesn't change the fact that it's garbage 90% of the time. We're talking about something that could change the outcome of a series and 77 games in, Coop still has no idea how to utilize it.

I think most of the criticism stems from the fact that although we're a good team, we could be a lot better, as good as this team is, it's scary that there's still so much room for improvement, and a lot of people see that. Which is why we hold a higher standard instead of having the "just accept that we're a good team" mentality.

Bingo. Think of how many more games we could've won with a halfway competent power play.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah. Criticism is different than negativity though. I'm not talking about the "We lose this one 12-1" comments pre-game (I think Rob takes some of those seriously). It's more about the sequences where the game is 50/50 and the thread is full of :shakehead and comments about how awful we are. I'm guilty of it too. But sometimes I wonder if we recognize that this is actually what a very good team looks like, and that insert top-NHL team doesn't dominate on a nightly basis either.

But again, if that's the way people enjoy hockey (i.e. angrily), then all the power to them. And I honestly mean that. I know I enjoy movies, for instance, in a different way than most people, so it's a To Each His Own thing. But I definitely get the sense sometimes that, if we're not dominating the game, a lot of people aren't having fun watching it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The Triple Deke! ‪#‎CharlieConway‬

On Drouin's goal

No one here thought of that during the game? :laugh:, facebook comments on the goal are pretty funny.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We have a good chance to overtake 1st here tonight. MTL is up against the Caps next, and they don't match up particularly well with them.

Comparing our remaining schedules, it looks like a bit of a toss-up. We both play Florida, and that's a hungry team that can beat either of us. We both play NJ, who I'd be willing to wager plays better against us than MTL. Ottawa's on our schedule too, and that's another super-hungry team with their back against the wall after a couple of crucial losses.

For comparison:

MTL: Washington, NJ, Florida, Detroit, Toronto
TB: Toronto, Ottawa, Florida, NJ, Boston

Pretty similar, really, especially when you consider Toronto is kind of to them what NJ is to us--a bad team who always plays them tough.

It really might come down to how beat up we are, and MTL's extra point. And Cooper, according to his own quotes, learned a valuable lesson about not going "all in" for the extra regular season prize last year. So I would expect/hope that we'll rest guys who need rest.

On another note: What a HUGE game between Boston and Florida tonight. That's a playoff game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

When Killorn and Flip are on his line, passing is the last thing he should be thinking about. Stammer setting up Killorn does not seem to work too well, whether it's cycling around the net or on the rush, and passing to Flip is even worse since he has not been shooting that much at all this season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

i slept on it and my complaint is not criticism is more the we suck and no reason said player or we suck. i remember last year was more commentary at times on the good plays even though we had plenty of bad was such and such made good play on boards got us some time got a nice pass set up etc.. then hey killorn missed another shot he sucks lol.

i really like what we do and want to be here with you guys in playoffs and want to see the positives again great saves by vasi our d is falling apart explain that stuff people instead of the post we suck hahaha.

hope that makes sense we do a lot good daily like 40 shots by god we dominated lucky third goal to me not a lot said on that about how petry was kinda a luck box but we came right back think was killer again and had legit shot just like when jodru scored i want the positives back with the negatives hell i get the injuries im concerned but to say we suck 8-10 people no commentary on anything good when we dominate like 28-7 shots come on guys we played one of best games of year and without all world price and some montreal puck luck on goals we win even bigger.

hope made some sense i want you all saying great jobs by pally on boards again not always ohh my here we go sky is falling and no commentary on all the good. is my point why stayed away yesterday the game and yesterday to me was amazing:)

so not pointing at people just saying this team is resilient is very dangerous and fun to watch but if whole thing is we suck we gonna blow it i cant stand that lol say why we suck who sucks why gonna blow it :)

power play have no words is weirdest thing ever to me lol.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah. Criticism is different than negativity though. I'm not talking about the "We lose this one 12-1" comments pre-game (I think Rob takes some of those seriously). It's more about the sequences where the game is 50/50 and the thread is full of :shakehead and comments about how awful we are. I'm guilty of it too. But sometimes I wonder if we recognize that this is actually what a very good team looks like, and that insert top-NHL team doesn't dominate on a nightly basis either.

But again, if that's the way people enjoy hockey (i.e. angrily), then all the power to them. And I honestly mean that. I know I enjoy movies, for instance, in a different way than most people, so it's a To Each His Own thing. But I definitely get the sense sometimes that, if we're not dominating the game, a lot of people aren't having fun watching it.

never take the pregame seriously we have always predicted losses as a group lol i even join at times:) lol get the anti jinx is when we dominate and we did and we suck no other commentary but that its hard to deal with lol who sucks why do we suck haha we might have played one of best games all year was pretty lopsided honestly but was a sky falling till we got up enough and as soon as petry scored started again but we hung tough which we are doing lately i want us to believe a bit more and love when you bring up dfc or others we are dominated if you look first hour was like we were atrocious lmao and we really were solid:) is what im saying and yep we are going to have turds hope not tonight but some more probably hahah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad