GDT: 3/3/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
And it would be a huge mistake to move Bishop. It is entirely possible to view a situation in which we have to make a decision. Do you go with the young guy who hasn't carried the load yet, but will be more cost controlled and has high upside? Or do you move the guy who has been your #1 for years and has been in the Vezina conversation quite a few times?

You can't look at this in any normative way. There are risks associated with each move - but depending on how the team is constructed, keeping Bishop may be the move that makes the most sense for the Lightning. We'll just have to wait and see.

I mean - we're not moving him in the near future. The first time we really have to ask this question is next offseason, but even then, I think the question can be punted depending on the type of contract Bishop wants.

neither is moving but expansion makes a decision at which time must be made. that decision has always been to make vasy ready at that time sometimes decisions change and ben is beasting but id still bet we keep vasy when expansion hits and move ben cause of the money issues

so as said before ben gets a new contract is moved because of expansion he pretty much chooses his team

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I guess Lehner would be the closest comparable, but that's an entirely different situation since Ottawa had Hammond and O'Connor. Lindback is another one, but he didn't have close to the same prestige as Vasilevskiy.

Well, Lehner had multiple concussions with significant time lost by the time of that trade (he might have even been on IR when the trade went down, IDR).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad