GDT: 3/3/15 - Sens @ Wild - 7PM CST/3 AM FIN - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Ducks fan here.

I'm making roster changes on xbox. My rule is to have 23 players (14 forwards and 7 defenseman or 13+8) on each roster, but I have no idea what to do with the Minnesota Wild. So much depth.

Koivu
Granlund
Coyle
Brodziak
Haula
Parise
Pominville
Vanek
Niederreiter
Bergenheim
Stewart
Zucker
Cooke
Fontaine
Carter
Schroeder

Suter
Spurgeon
Brodin
Scandella
Ballard
Dumba
Leopold
Prosser

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

That's 27 players. If everyone's healthy, which four would be most likely be sent to Iowa? Thanks.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Thanks for that! I was hoping that sequence would be posted somewhere. That was as exciting as playoff hockey, I was on the edge of my seat.

I think the TSN commentators said shortly after that that Karlsson had been on for 3:00 by the time the whistle blew.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
That sequence was nuts. I laughed when two of their guys hugged it out after the whistle blew. Prolly would have done the same thing if I had been out there that long

Ryan went around hugging his teammates. First huggee was Karlsson. That's our C and an A, hugging it out over nearly hammering it home on the PP, and then surviving the Minny onslaught.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Ducks fan here.

I'm making roster changes on xbox. My rule is to have 23 players (14 forwards and 7 defenseman or 13+8) on each roster, but I have no idea what to do with the Minnesota Wild. So much depth.

Koivu
Granlund
Coyle
Brodziak
Haula
Parise
Pominville
Vanek
Niederreiter
Bergenheim
Stewart
Zucker
Cooke
Fontaine
Carter
Schroeder

Suter
Spurgeon
Brodin
Scandella
Ballard
Dumba
Leopold
Prosser

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

That's 27 players. If everyone's healthy, which four would be most likely be sent to Iowa? Thanks.

Probably drop Schroeder, Fontaine, Ballard, and Prosser. Or keep Schroeder up and dump Backstrom, who will possibly (probably?) be bought out this off-season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ducks fan here.

Koivu
Granlund
Coyle
Brodziak
Haula
Parise
Pominville
Vanek
Niederreiter
Bergenheim
Stewart
Zucker
Cooke
Fontaine
Carter
Schroeder

Suter
Spurgeon
Brodin
Scandella
Ballard
Dumba
Leopold
Prosser

Dubnyk
Kuemper
Backstrom

I'd drop Cooke and Ballard. The reason is that Cooke has been injured almost all season and I'm not sure when he'll be back, but he's definitely been the least seen guy out of the bunch, and Ballard may be on the edge of retirement after his concussion earlier this year. May never play again.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Or end up facing Rinne possibly going to god-mode.

I'd rather move to the Pacific bracket and face Anaheim, then Vancouver/LA in the 2nd round.

Exactly.
Ducks has the same troubles we had but didn't pick up a good goalie.
But I hope we will never meet LA. Too big.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I've always believed you don't say "Let's do this so we can play (team)". You let the chip land where they may and go in playing the same game you've been playing.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've always believed you don't say "Let's do this so we can play (team)". You let the chip land where they may and go in playing the same game you've been playing.

bingo.........always been gun shy about the whole wanting to play certain teams. in 2008 lots of people were wanting to play the Avs and were ecstatic that we landed them in round 1. Sakic had a career series against us and we were a quick out.

If we are gonna go on a run, we should be able to handle any adversity thrown our way, regardless of the team. The way I see it, if we play our game and Duby plays good in goal, we should be as competitive as anyone else

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
So I may be misreading this but their current percentage being 80.3% means they expect us to finish worse than 10-8-1?
Nah, that's just because it isn't certain that we'll do that or better. The 95% is multiplied by some probability less than one to get 80%. (This isn't how the calculation is actually done but hopefully makes sense anyway). If they expected a 50% probability of going 10-8-1, I'd expect they'd give us about 48% chance of making the playoffs.

Last edited:

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I really don't think that the 26-9-44 line is going to last very long. Yeo didn't want to break up the PPG line that has been pretty solid since being reunited or the fourth line that has been red-hot. Nino and Coyle played well with Schroeder, a speed guy, who got taken out for Stewart so you throw Bergenhiem, another speed guy, on the Coyle-Nino line and hope that works. All you have left is Vanek-Koivu-Stewart. I think Yeo is more worried about guys like Coyle and Nino changing their games to try and make up for Vanek defensively when they've been playing so well then Koivu.

Also I know there is a lot of Vanek hate on here but he has shown noticeably more hustle and commitment on defense lately. I think ultimately Vanek will wind up with Haula and Brodzy with Fontaine moving up before the game is over.

11-64-29
23-9-44
22-3-14
26-56-21

Isn't this how the lines ended? I'm reading Yeo's mind.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Completely agree, but that doesn't change what I would "like" to happen. You will never see me advocating trying to "fix" the matchup to make it happen though.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
He's going to be such a weapon to be able to unleash from the 3rd pairing.

For this year and next, oh yeah.

I imagine after that Spurgeon will get dealt and Dumba takes his place on the 2nd pairing.

Hey, maybe that's how we'll get that coveted 2017 2nd round pick back!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For this year and next, oh yeah.

I imagine after that Spurgeon will get dealt and Dumba takes his place on the 2nd pairing.

Hey, maybe that's how we'll get that coveted 2017 2nd round pick back!

I don't think that this is a no-brainer scenario. I think Spurgeon at a 'Scandella/Brodin' contract would be welcomed back; Spurgeon at a 'Leddy' contract would probably be allowed to move on. It'll depend on what he's asking for.

I think we're going to be seeing all of them on our blueline for for the next 5+ years.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
that game was way too close, late in the game 3 pipes by OTT??? jessie james rode again but this time for us! dumba looked like PK subban last night wow.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would like to see Dumba and his lethal one-timer get a chance with the top PP unit.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
It's pretty much a win-win, too. Take Suter off that unit, and use it as an opportunity to either let him rest a few extra minutes a night (probably smart down the stretch) or use him for tougher defensive matchups.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's pretty much a win-win, too. Take Suter off that unit, and use it as an opportunity to either let him rest a few extra minutes a night (probably smart down the stretch) or use him for tougher defensive matchups.

Actually, wouldn't Dumba replace Pominville on the other point?

I'd think he'd replace the right shot point man, not the left shot point man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad