Prosser-Dumba
Folin-Leopold

DUUUUB

Wild.com preview:

SM9hoBV.png

Last edited:

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Man it's good that Dumba has really stepped up, or else I would be a little worried about those D lines

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nice to see Stewart go straight to the Koivu line.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Russo had the D pairings as

Suter-Brodin
Prosser-Dumba
Folin-Leopold

not sure if that's changed since he tweeted it.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
This game could be a tough one. Ottawa has won five in a row and Hammond has been really good. I think this is a game where guys like Nino, Coyle, Stewart, and Parise (because he always crashes the net) need to get in the blue paint and score some ugly goals.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Russo had the D pairings as

Suter-Brodin
Prosser-Dumba
Folin-Leopold

not sure if that's changed since he tweeted it.

So it looks like Suter will be playing 30-33 minutes and Brodin 25-28.. Scandella and Spurgeon's absence is going to be felt tonight I think. I do not trust Prosser getting second pairing minutes..

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm a little worried about Vanek-Koivu-Stewart line if Stewart is as bad defensively as everyone says. Puts a lot of pressure on Koivu to have both of them on his wings.

Bergenheim with Coyle and Nino sounds like it could work well though.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
So it looks like Suter will be playing 30-33 minutes and Brodin 25-28.. Scandella and Spurgeon's absence is going to be felt tonight I think. I do not trust Prosser getting second pairing minutes..

I agree but Prosser has been better as of late. Also Dumba and Folin have shown they can handle some more responsibility so that should help. I'm interested to see what Leopold brings. We know he can move the puck and skate, but how good is he in his own end?

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I'm a little worried about Vanek-Koivu-Stewart line if Stewart is as bad defensively as everyone says. Puts a lot of pressure on Koivu to have both of them on his wings.

That's a line that worries me a bit, but Yeo is never shy to mix up the lines at any moment. Also I gotta figure Stewart is going to be brought along slowly and I think if all else you just flip Bergenhiem and Stewart.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

My guess is that the line will be both bad defensively and incapable of doing much offensively because Koivu feels that it's not safe with those wingers. I hope I'm wrong, but the Koivu/Vanek experiment has been a bust every time it's been tried so far this season and I don't see how Stewart being on that line is going to change things (for the better anyway).

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'm worried about the Sens' chances if Leopold's daughter is in attendance. It's a weeknight, and she's only 11, so hopefully it won't be a factor.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Stewart is getting too much flak for his defensive abilities. He had bad Corsi on a terrible team. With Koivu, I don't think we'll have to worry about the defensive side of things.

I'd like to see Bergenheim and Stewart switch though. A line of Nino - Coyle - Stewart would be absolutely wreck ****.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Not to harp about the lines and I know Yeo's got tough decisions to make, but why whenever a player is brought in does he automatically get put into the lineup? Wouldn't it make sense to at least let him go through a full practice. He doesn't know our system at all. I like the toughness Stewart brings, but I thought we were probably going to go for Shroeder against fast teams, Stewart against big teams? Are the Sens really that big of a team?

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
My guess is that the line will be both bad defensively and incapable of doing much offensively because Koivu feels that it's not safe with those wingers. I hope I'm wrong, but the Koivu/Vanek experiment has been a bust every time it's been tried so far this season and I don't see how Stewart being on that line is going to change things (for the better anyway).

I really don't think that the 26-9-44 line is going to last very long. Yeo didn't want to break up the PPG line that has been pretty solid since being reunited or the fourth line that has been red-hot. Nino and Coyle played well with Schroeder, a speed guy, who got taken out for Stewart so you throw Bergenhiem, another speed guy, on the Coyle-Nino line and hope that works. All you have left is Vanek-Koivu-Stewart. I think Yeo is more worried about guys like Coyle and Nino changing their games to try and make up for Vanek defensively when they've been playing so well then Koivu.

Also I know there is a lot of Vanek hate on here but he has shown noticeably more hustle and commitment on defense lately. I think ultimately Vanek will wind up with Haula and Brodzy with Fontaine moving up before the game is over.

11-64-29
23-9-44
22-3-14
26-56-21

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Stewart is getting too much flak for his defensive abilities. He had bad Corsi on a terrible team. With Koivu, I don't think we'll have to worry about the defensive side of things.

I'd like to see Bergenheim and Stewart switch though. A line of Nino - Coyle - Stewart would be absolutely wreck ****.

Maybe he'll go with that against the Avies :naughty:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I really don't think that the 26-9-44 line is going to last very long. Yeo didn't want to break up the PPG line that has been pretty solid since being reunited or the fourth line that has been red-hot. Nino and Coyle played well with Schroeder, a speed guy, who got taken out for Stewart so you throw Bergenhiem, another speed guy, on the Coyle-Nino line and hope that works. All you have left is Vanek-Koivu-Stewart. I think Yeo is more worried about guys like Coyle and Nino changing their games to try and make up for Vanek defensively when they've been playing so well then Koivu.

Also I know there is a lot of Vanek hate on here but he has shown noticeably more hustle and commitment on defense lately. I think ultimately Vanek will wind up with Haula and Brodzy with Fontaine moving up before the game is over.

11-64-29
23-9-44
22-3-14
26-56-21

I think the whole top 6 should've been re-shuffled. The PPG line hasn't found its groove since October, and while not as bad as Vanek/Koivu, it still hasn't been great either. Lines playing much better than them have been broken up in the past. I hate feeling like the team's flushing both talent and money down the drain, which is what goes on when Vanek's not playing sheltered minutes (which equals to him not scoring) and when Koivu only defends because he has a linemate whose defense is inadequate (which usually equals to him not scoring as well as the line leaking goals).

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

That'd be a dope line there.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Bummed to see Schroeder as odd man out but very excited to see what our new aquisitions look like on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad