Post-Game Talk: 3/29, Sharks 2 - Pens 3 (SO)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A MARC-ANDRE FLEURY DISCUSSION! SWEET

*smashes computer*

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
It was Fleury. His run from 2010 to 2013 was historically bad. Scotty Bowman couldn't have won with MAF in net those years.

Wrong.

It isn't a coincidence that MAF's best PO season was right before DB and his best regular season was right after DB. Contrary to what you want to tell yourself, but the system the coach puts in front of his goalie can have a slight impact on his numbers.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A MARC-ANDRE FLEURY DISCUSSION! SWEET

*smashes computer*

NHL-28.JPG

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I was at the game against the Sharks, looking right down into the corner below me (end the Pens shoot twice), and he was constantly losing board battles. He'd go into the corner, and a Shark would just come in right after him, physically push him aside and then come out with the puck. Bennett would try to dig for the puck, but he was losing practically every battle.

It's not that he would get knocked off his skates or anything dramatic like that, but he would get pushed to the side, away from the puck, so that his ability with his hands basically didn't matter. You can't use stick-skill if you can't reach the puck.

I'm a big fan of Bennett, so I wanted it to be different, but I decided to specifically watch what he was doing there during that game, and man, it wasn't pretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad