GDT: 3/29/18 - Penguins @ Devils - Reel 'Em In Edition - 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Coleman, but over Hall and Nico?
Haha I was mostly kidding, but it was just a reference to what several of us lipread him saying what appeared to be ''I f***in own you! I f***in own you!'' late in regulation before a faceoff.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not a crushing loss with the point.
Too high risk of a play by Hall in OT.

Stinks that Moore was in the box and Greene had to be out there.

Too many lapses overall tonight vs a team that makes you pay.

Really need to regroup and be tougher on the puck on Saturday

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I caught like the last minute of regulation, with Mueller icing the puck being two strides of empty ice away from the red line. Seriously, that was so dumb that it was funny. He must have totally panicked or something.

That's not what happened.

Mueller was banking the puck off the wall to the Devils forward up ice (forget who it was), but the forward turned inward to center ice instead of going to the wall for Mueller's pass. It's the equivalent of the QB and WR not being on the same page and a slant got run when an out-pattern was expected.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Coleman doesn't take shit from anybody and I love it. And I loved Zajac getting fed up with Crosby's shit too.

I actually kind of want the Pens in the first round now. I could see that line getting under Crosby's skin in a series like Dubinsky always seemed to.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Coleman doesn't take **** from anybody and I love it. And I loved Zajac getting fed up with Crosby's **** too.

I actually kind of want the Pens in the first round now. I could see that line getting under Crosby's skin in a series like Dubinsky always seemed to.
Be careful what you wish for.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Haha I was mostly kidding, but it was just a reference to what several of us lipread him saying what appeared to be ''I ****in own you! I ****in own you!'' late in regulation before a faceoff.
I was more focused on him appearing to have a hot dog in his hand and eating it while pretending to say num num num to Kessel. I was dying laughing!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I definitely believe this team makes the playoff. Once we get in two things worry me. One, with Zajac, Boyle and Maroon, we lose to much team speed. That’s why one of Boyle or Maroon should sit. Second, our defense is real weak along the boards in our zone and have problems getting the puck out, especially Greene and Moore. I’d like for them to give Santini a few games and if he looks good, sit Moore. A couple of tweaks and we could be dangerous going forward.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Devils will be the “we’re just happy to be here” team in the playoffs and will be playing with very little pressure if they make it.

It’s when this team plays with that easy swagger that they catch teams off-guard.

Meanwhile, the Pens needed four tries and a blown play by Hallsy to not lose in OT against us.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Zajac is not sitting for anyone. Maroon provides value to the PP and is playing good enough to warrant his spot. I'd be fine with Boyle sitting.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's a veteran club that knows how to win Cups.

We didn't play our A game (more like C+) and still scratched out a point plus Pitts was coming off a terrible loss to Det so we knew they would be up for last night.

Devils must play with smart and controlled urgency this weekend .

Put their stamp on the game Saturday night early and keep the foot on the pedal for 60.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If you watched on MSG last night and you know who the Player to Watch was, call WDHA at 9:20 and the 5th caller wins a pair of tickets to tomorrow's game.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
What makes Pens scary is they have that intangible advantage--they know they can win the playoffs. Winning is a learned skill.

pens have to lose a series eventually. they have won 8 in a row. i think if someone was to knock them off it will be before they get into the playoff groove (the first round) thats when they would be their most vulnerable.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
pens have to lose a series eventually. they have won 8 in a row. i think if someone was to knock them off it will be before they get into the playoff groove (the first round) thats when they would be their most vulnerable.
Don't disagree. Who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad