GDT: 3/29/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hmm. This post seems sincere. Totally confused, to be honest.
Dude I think Vinik is the best owner in sports and I love the Lightning. My favorite team in Tampa and I didn’t grow up a hockey guy.

I use this forum for info and to vent. Because I care. I know it offends people at times but it’s truly therapeutic. Better than yelling at the tv in front of my son.

Reactions: T REX

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Absurd.
I believed that it was only a joke.
But it's not a joke. It's the truth.
There're people who are crying after a game like that.
I could understand (in theory no...but let me say that) if Tampa'd play like in the Arizona game.
But after tonight...

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm not sure that's the bar I'm looking for though.

The division on the line.
Home ice on the line.
Mental edge vs at one point a probable 2nd round match up. Now? Maybe but I doubt it.

4-2 loss.

Boston has outscored us 10-4 on the year. 0-3 vs Boston.

How sad is it when we are applauding the "effort"? Shouldn't that be there every night?
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you one of the biggest advocates for a "full effort"? There was effort but the game didn't go are way. It happens, its one game. Build on what we did right and move on.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you one of the biggest advocates for a "full effort"? There was effort but the game didn't go are way. It happens, its one game. Build on what we did right and move on.

It's not ONE game. Are you serious with that comment? They just blew the division. ANd they had how big of a lead back in Dec/Jan? Where does that rank in all-time choke jobs? I bet it is up there.

I EXPECT effort. Also, never mistake effort for results. They are not the same. I saw one team that was/is better than the other and has been for the 2nd half of the season. The Bolts are now the underdog. Maybe they will play better as the dog.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It's not ONE game. Are you serious with that comment? They just blew the division. ANd they had how big of a lead back in Dec/Jan? Where does that rank in all-time choke jobs? I bet it is up there.

I EXPECT effort. Also, never mistake effort for results. They are not the same. I saw one team that was/is better than the other and has been for the 2nd half of the season. The Bolts are now the underdog. Maybe they will play better as the dog.
Ok bud, god forbid you take away anything positive from the present. Just keep looking back at the past and using that to justify your criticisms. I'm gonna look at the team as it is right now. What I saw tonight was a team that can match up against boston. Did we get the win? No, but I think we could beat them in a 7 game series. Wouldn't be easy but I think we could do it.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Ok bud, god forbid you take away anything positive from the present. Just keep looking back at the past and using that to justify your criticisms. I'm gonna look at the team as it is right now. What I saw tonight was a team that can match up against boston. Did we get the win? No, but I think we could beat them in a 7 game series. Wouldn't be easy but I think we could do it.

I'm not going to outright lie. The reality is we just lost first place to a hotter team. Oh btw, we're 0-3 vs them now and tonight's game was huge. We weren't good enough. Harsh but reality. Sure, we could beat them in a 7 game series but we've shown nothing that makes it anything but a hope at this point.

IMHO, Cooper has taken this team as far as he can. Once we're bounced in round 1 or 2 we will make a change.

Reactions: Powerplay17

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well it’s probably going to be Toronto in round one
Yeah. Boston worries me, not the Leafs. They're still too young and their D core doesn't impress me at all.

It will be a fantastic speed series tho, a lot of offense power on both teams.

Freddy vs Anderson has also been fun to watch. Tampa gets slight edges in most catagories then a big edge in defense (even if their D is playing terrible as of late)

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Malkin and Crosby said "Hi, we won SC 3 times from the 2nd place in our division"

So? They have Crosby. How about those other three teams that finished second in their division those years...how'd they do? LOL.

How stupid.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Lets not let tonight's result take away from the REAL victory today
Z7EUQvF.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So? They have Crosby. How about those other three teams that finished second in their division those years...how'd they do? LOL.

How stupid.
Soooo what are you trying to say? That the only way we can win the cup is by being first overall? How stupid.

Reactions: Hint1k

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Look at these attempts at rationalizing losing the division in game 76. We didn't want it anyhow? Wow. We held it since Oct 13th. That's pathetic. I guess we have everyone right where we want them. Whatever makes some of you feel better.

Reactions: LilWayneJetski

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Just speaking my mind, said nothing deragatory appears to me Boston may just be better. Would love to be wrong. Don’t really understand your obsession with policing my posts.
Because I'm not convinced that you actually want to see this team win.

Would love to be wrong.

Reactions: Master P

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015

They played fine. That was an even game. How many goals did Toronto take away from Boston? None. How many cracks at an empty net did we get? None. Rask was just a little better than Vasy early. I think we'd crack that code in a seven game series. Boston's benefitted both times from getting the first goal. That absolutely changes the way they can play us. We were on the road tonight, too. They were choosing their match-ups. And the officiating was pretty questionable at a lot of crucial moments.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Yeah. Boston worries me, not the Leafs. They're still too young and their D core doesn't impress me at all.

It will be a fantastic speed series tho, a lot of offense power on both teams.

Freddy vs Anderson has also been fun to watch. Tampa gets slight edges in most catagories then a big edge in defense (even if their D is playing terrible as of late)
I do agree with the last paragraph, but Leafs have been the 2nd hottest team behind Boston in the 2nd half of the season, with their defensive game improving immensely since Dermott came onto the team (who has +10 Corsi differential / 60, +7 Fenwick / 60, 3.2 GF/60, 1.2 GA/60) to the point it's only been Zaitsev as the ? Mark on the dcore

And for the youth issue, let's not forget the game 7 Conf Finals in the 10-11 season came only 3 seasons after drafting Stamkos, with the Leafs having noticeably better management that makes a 2 season improvement to have a chance believable

We will see though, will definitely be one of the biggest must watch series if TBL does stay in the #2 spot!

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Dude I think Vinik is the best owner in sports and I love the Lightning. My favorite team in Tampa and I didn’t grow up a hockey guy.

I use this forum for info and to vent. Because I care. I know it offends people at times but it’s truly therapeutic. Better than yelling at the tv in front of my son.
Fair enough. You definitely shouldn't yell at the TV in front of your son.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
How long in minutes have we lead Boston so far in three games this year?

Anyone?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
How long in minutes have we lead Boston so far in three games this year?
Anyone?

Last 2 games:
Arizona vs Tampa 4-1
Boston vs Tampa 4-2

Conclusion: Arizona will beat Boston in playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad