GDT: 3/29/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Redwings fan here that has watched the last hand full of Tampa Bay games. Glad to see some effort in this game. Wouldn't everyone agree?

I thought you guys outplayed Boston ( with exception to their power play) and should have won the hockey game. From an outsider you guys looked hands down like the better team. Bruins have a few injuries on defence but I think come playoffs Mcdonagh and Hedman will play most of the game, keeping Sergachev on the bench. Advantage Lightning.
Guys I wouldn't worry so much. If your team has another gear you are golden. If this is your team, well I still like your chances. Good Luck all.

This should wake the team up. Hopefully 1st place is still within reach.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I saw 3 blown penalty calls in the first 10 minutes alone. After that I stopped counting. The Killorn no goal was bull****. And Rask should have gotten a match penalty for punching Conacher with his blocker. Instead Boston gets a power play out of it? Lmao

Oh yea for sure I wont argue that, Im just saying it comes with being a fan of the Lightning. We get these kind of games too often and they are almost always against original six teams. Just look at the allowed goal they gave the Bruins not too long ago and then call this one no goal? There is no consistency and they are biased. It makes it hard to watch this league sometimes.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Oh yea for sure I wont argue that, Im just saying it comes with being a fan of the Lightning. We get these kind of games too often and they are almost always against original six teams. Just look at the allowed goal they gave the Bruins not too long ago and then call this one no goal? There is no consistency and they are biased. It makes it hard to watch this league sometimes.
Yeah it is a common trend. And I'm gonna complain about it until it stops.

Detroit usually gets worse than Boston tbh lol

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The GI call was iffy and Rask not getting the boot was a joke. Still, you can't get outplayed like we were in the 1st. 16-6 shot advantage for the Bruins and the score went from 0-0 to 2-0 in the last minute of the frame. Terrible. They were on the PP for 5 f***ing seconds and they scored. It was that last minute of the 1st that cost us this game. You can't fall asleep in the playoffs and this team knows that. Clean this shit up already.

That being said we were the better team for 40 minutes after that. Outside of letting the Hobbit Marchand skate around our zone for 30 seconds without putting a body on him, we played pretty well. Boston just defends extremely well, and it won't get any easier to score on them when Chara and McAvoy come back. Need to find that next gear.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Just watched the replay. On that third Boston goal when its 4 v 4 ... Sergachev, Cirelli, Palat, and Miller vs Bergeron, Rat Face, Pasta, and Krug? WTF is that supposed to be. A teaching moment late in the third with first in the Division on the line? Why is Hedman or Stralman or McDonagh or ... any of our frigging best defensive players not in there? I understand Palat ... but the other 3?

I am Coop moment...

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Just watched the replay. On that third Boston goal when its 4 v 4 ... Sergachev, Cirelli, Palat, and Miller vs Bergeron, Rat Face, Pasta, and Krug? WTF is that supposed to be. A teaching moment late in the third with first in the Division on the line? Why is Hedman or Stralman or McDonagh or ... any of our frigging best defensive players not in there? I understand Palat ... but the other 3?

I am Coop moment...

Said the same thing. Cooper is cooper does

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

I am Coop moment...
Uhh

Hedman was there not Palat

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
U right. Dunno why I saw Palat.

I saw Marchand and Co skating around our guys like they weren't even there. Heddy can only cover one guy. We didn't have a very good match up for sure and they took advantage. 4 on 4 we usually own it and we looked like crap. But what's new(notice I used the right one here).

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I saw Marchand and Co skating around our guys like they weren't even there. Heddy can only cover one guy. We didn't have a very good match up for sure and they took advantage. 4 on 4 we usually own it and we looked like crap. But what's new(notice I used the right one here).

Well we have to credit Boston because they are good in those situations too. I mean they are a good team and they made us pay when we made mistakes. Something we need to do. Lord knows we did all year before we took our foot off the gas.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, there were some bad calls and no calls, but I'm not going to say we lost because of the refs. That's an excuse that doesn't hold weight with me.

I'd point to a 6 shot first period and a implosion at the end if the first before I'd point to the refs. I'm not saying they were fair, or good calls or any of that. I've just literally seen people say list strictly because of the refs or that we were playing against the refs.

That's just silly. IMO.
The general idea is not that we lost because of the refs, but that Boston is too good a team to beat if the refs are actively pulling for them. Bad officiating is the norm in this league, but biased officiating is a different thing altogether. When the refs intervened in the game last night it generally went against us. And it's not even strictly about penalties either, even though they blew a few monsters. Clean faceoff wins in the offensive zone? Nope. Sorry Bolts. Those are coming back. And then the repeated "accidental" interference. By officials. F*ck me, that had to be the worst part.

But don't take my word for it. Listen to the postgame interviews. The players and Coop know they got jobbed last night. Oddly enough, it might actually end up being a good thing. I like this team heading into the playoffs with a chip on its shoulder.

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Also, Chara and McAvoy are good, but acting like Boston's on a whole other level with them in the lineup is silly. Chara's getting old, and he can be outskated by plenty of guys in our lineup. I actually love the thought of him trying to keep up with Guorde and Point. That'll be good for a few PPs in a long series. McAvoy, by contrast, is still pretty young. In the games I've watched, I see a kid who can either get overconfident and make mistakes on his own, or get pressured into them, like Sergachev. Where Chara and McAvoy are really dangerous is on the PP, and it's not like we've been making that hard on Boston. They aren't suddenly going to score two-goals per man-advantage situation simply because those guys are in the lineup.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Also, Chara and McAvoy are good, but acting like Boston's on a whole other level with them in the lineup is silly. Chara's getting old, and he can be outskated by plenty of guys in our lineup. I actually love the thought of him trying to keep up with Guorde and Point. That'll be good for a few PPs in a long series. McAvoy, by contrast, is still pretty young. In the games I've watched, I see a kid who can either get overconfident and make mistakes on his own, or get pressured into them, like Sergachev. Where Chara and McAvoy are really dangerous is on the PP, and it's not like we've been making that hard on Boston. They aren't suddenly going to score two-goals per man-advantage situation simply because those guys are in the lineup.

I usually wouldn't do this cause no one likes a lurker from another board. But this is incorrect. McAvoy plays on the 2nd PP, 2mins a game, and has 7 PP points. Not irrelevant, but also not "really dangerous". Chara plays 24 seconds a game on the PP and has 0 PP pts all year.

McAvoy is 23rd in the NHL in even strength TOI.
Chara is 33rd in even strength TOI and 2nd in SH TOI.
They are our #1 pair and play like one.

I'll digress. Great game last night, I look forward to Tuesday, and I hope we meet in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I usually wouldn't do this cause no one likes a lurker from another board. But this is just blatantly incorrect. McAvoy plays on the 2nd PP, 2mins a game, and has 7 PP points. Not irrelevant, but also not "really dangerous". Chara plays 24 seconds a game on the PP and has 0 PP pts all year.

McAvoy is 23rd in the NHL in even strength TOI.
Chara is 33rd in even strength TOI and 2nd in SH TOI.

I'll digress. Great game last night, I look forward to Tuesday, and I hope we meet in the playoffs.
Well, that's even better. For what it's worth, our PK can't get a handle on teams that move the puck well, and move it fast (what PK can, right?), and from what little I've seen, McAvoy looks like he helps you guys do both. And I don't want our eager shot blockers, like Palat, facing too many Chara bombs. So, if Chara doesn't see much time on the PP, then that's good for us. I'm not overly worried about them at even strength, for the reasons I listed, which you can disagree with, but which I think are both fair, and accurate. Appreciate the input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bmessy

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sure they will be better with them back, but it's not as drastic as everyone says, the gap is not as huge as if we were missing Hedman and Stralman.
Anyway, we can beat them but we cannot afford to make mistakes like we did on the last minute in the 1st, McD turnover was horrible

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sure they will be better with them back, but it's not as drastic as everyone says, the gap is not as huge as if we were missing Hedman and Stralman.
Anyway, we can beat them but we cannot afford to make mistakes like we did on the last minute in the 1st, McD turnover was horrible
As was his coverage in front of the net on the second goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad