GDT: 3/29/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Hey everyone. Just incase you didn't know. You need to get on this stuff:

6aca77ebeaef4c59859673a.jpg

Stop watching WoW Arena games when the Bolts are playing...

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Garon was horrible. With any decent goalie in net this game would not have been decided by OT or a shoot out. The bolts were soft the first period but came strong the 2nd and 3rd. I like where we are going if only we could secure a good goaltender for a reasonable price.

Sustr looked great with the puck on his stick, he does need to work on his skating though. It was his first NHL game I say we keep him in and see what he is capable of. Tonight's game was exciting... I like what I see..

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Huh? I must have missed it. Did he throw an elbow? Aim for the head?

May have made contact with the head. He didn't jump into the hit though like Lupul did on Hedman.

I wouldn't be surprised with 2 day suspension, though.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Cooper - "The team improved throughout the game".

On the shootout:
- Notice that both Purcell and Hedman took wider lines than they had in the past.
- Notice that both Purcell and Hedman shot the puck before getting "crease-deep". Didn't over deke and get the puck poked away

Also... Lecavalwho?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Since we are playing the Panthers on Tuesday, I think we should get Cooper to present the Calder Trophy to Huberdeau. That way Hubs can personal thank Coop for all his help.

You're not going to let this go are you?

I think I'd almost rather have Hose worshipping at the feet of Brian Lee again.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
Stamkos was great last night. One dumb ass pass on the PP but other that that he was the best player on the ice by leagues (Hedman deserves a mention).

Stamkos has been on fire in the circle lately.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
With Lecavalier out this is exactly what we needed !!! If he's suspended this will hurt big time.

I get the feeling he might, but who knows... I hope not. Nates a great footsoldier, theres a reason why his name was floated in trade rumors.

Garon was shaky all night, obviously. A short memory is a goaltenders best friend - forget the bad and remember you at least pulled out two big stops when the team needed it most.

Coop must have really seen something he liked in Sustr, I don't think hes as slow as some people think, and he didn't look out of place at all but of course sample size and all that. In a sense i'd like to see him go to Syracuse for a nice playoff run, but I have a feeling we'll see a few guys get signed and shipped there and Sustr will stay. Great reach, but needs to really pay attention to where he picks his spots... he could get away with that stuff in college, but last night he got burned hard trying.

As for Conacher, he needs to pull his head out of his ass sometimes. Between the penchant for stick infractions and more or less trying to cherry pick at times, he'll find his ass on the bench for that stuff.

Good to see Coop not try to reinvent the wheel, too. Good, simple, hard hockey.

One last thing - remember when we had Meszaros? Man i'm glad thats not the case, injured again, done for the year, shoulder surgery.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Still have yet to find a replay of this hit. Saw it live and it looked fine from my vantage point.

If only his name were Rick Nash.

It was a pretty clean hit....only problem was D'Agostini played it like he just exploded, laid there for a second, and when he noticed the refs weren't going to call anything, he jumped right up into the play without even going to the bench. The way the refs were calling it last night, I'm surprised they didn't call a penalty.

Funny how the Devils forum is talking about how bad a night Brodeur played....are you kidding me?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
It was a pretty clean hit....only problem was D'Agostini played it like he just exploded, laid there for a second, and when he noticed the refs weren't going to call anything, he jumped right up into the play without even going to the bench. The way the refs were calling it last night, I'm surprised they didn't call a penalty.

Funny how the Devils forum is talking about how bad a night Brodeur played....are you kidding me?

What kind of goalie Brodeur is on good nights then?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
What kind of goalie Brodeur is on good nights then?

Yeah, jesus lol. No kidding. He probably should have had the second Stamkos goal though.

Anyway, do you guys realize... No one played bad last night? Except Garon? We have no complaints about Teddy or Carle or Brewer. I mean, minor ones, but they didn't play bad at all.

I would think Stammer redeemed himself for that turnover too. That was awful. What goes through your head there?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, jesus lol. No kidding. He probably should have had the second Stamkos goal though.

Anyway, do you guys realize... No one played bad last night? Except Garon? We have no complaints about Teddy or Carle or Brewer. I mean, minor ones, but they didn't play bad at all.

I would think Stammer redeemed himself for that turnover too. That was awful. What goes through your head there?

Everyone just played, the over coaching and over thinking was gone. There were set lines for a change.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad