GDT: 3/29/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Well I thought Garon played well enough in the 3rd and the shootout to warrant starting the next game. It's 4 days away. :(

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Awesome to see Coop's reaction when they won. You can tell the players like him, hugged stammer and purcy gave him the fist pound. I think Guy may have been a little high strung, you never see the reaction even from the players as you did after that win. Coop seems more like the guy you could invite over to a kegger and crack jokes with. Seeing the smile on his face walking thru the tunnel was priceless.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Looks like the Devils....

Just flew the Coop.

yeeaaaahh.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Awesome to see Coop's reaction when they won. You can tell the players like him, hugged stammer and purcy gave him the fist pound. I think Guy may have been a little high strung, you never see the reaction even from the players as you did after that win. Coop seems more like the guy you could invite over to a kegger and crack jokes with. Seeing the smile on his face walking thru the tunnel was priceless.

During and after the shootout was the happiest I've seen this team in a while. This was a big win for Coop's first game. Hopefully they can go from here and continue to hunt points.

Congrats to Cooper.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Purcell's zone entries are are outstanding. Played a great game, IMO. Was even roughing it up in the corners for once.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Wish I could've seen all that. It was a good win.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
There were multiple reasons we should have won this game: the play of every Crunch player on this team, Hedman playing outstanding, Thompson coming alive as he does vs. NJ, Stamkos being a general bad ass, etc.

There were multiple reasons we should have lost this game: Brodeur stoning Pouliot a couple times, Garon's 3 periods of poor play, awful refs, multiple penalty kills, giving up a PS goal, etc.

A lot of ups and downs in Cooper's first game. This would have been a bad feeling loss, with all the things we didn't take advantage on...

Doesn't matter though, we won! Great job by the Bolts to play 60 full minutes, and snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.

Relevant stats-

SOG: 25-25
Faceoffs: 28-26 TBL

Glad we came away with the win!!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Haha, 19 pages of talk in a GDT? You know something is different! Unless there was an argument of some sort, thats life coming out of this team and into the fans.

Garon didnt play too well, should've been easier than it was but I'll take the 2 pts 'fo sho!!! Amazing to see a coach with some life and a personality and bring it to the bench, it shows how it translated into the play of the players. Very happy with his first 60 mins and the two interviews I saw, seems like a guy you could converse with and he'll help you, not grimace at you and send you out. It showed.

Sustr, wow, impressive with the puck but obviously lacks in the skating department but its his first game, he'll come around. Impressive debut though.

Gudas fight was pretty good, showed he's the real deal when it comes to no ******** hockey.

I for one, am a truly happy camper. Glad to see Batman threw out the right gadgets to save Tampa City from despair, and end with a successful night.

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
Sustr with 8 more minutes then Aulie tonight, if the NHL boxscore is correct.

I paid attention to him and he did play some major time, looked very confident on the puck, maybe too much sometimes, and wasn't asked for much on d, was never pinned in the zone, but made good use of his size cleaning the crease a few times, he looked good enough to get 2-3 more games.

Al Cervick

Mar 17, 2011
Congrats to Coop. Many more wins to come and they will come easier with better goaltending.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was at the game tonight and trust me guys, Sustr is not that slow. For 6'8 he's actually pretty quick. Now he's obviously no Hedman but he isn't Brewer either. He looked really confident out there and made some nice plays. I'm excited to watch him develop over the next couple years and see him take a top 4 role with the Bolts in 2 years. :handclap:

StammerHed2010

Jan 20, 2010
orlando
I was definitely a huge fan of Boucher, and i think he will be a great coach elsewhere, but I really love what I saw tonight.
BY FAR the greatest thing that ever could have been said to this team was Coops quote about putting them in positions to succeed and letting them just play hockey.

Systems can work (see NJD for a few years) and thats part of why the team two years ago succeeded. Now though, we have the talent to just let them run, and I think this team has really been unleashed now.

Also loved how Cooper gave Sustr icetime but didnt throw him to the wolves. He spent a lot of time with Hedman and some of our better dmen to cover his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad