[fieldset=previous meetings]
February 7th 2013 (2 - 4) L March 5th 2013 (5 - 2) W
[/fieldset]

foot1q.png
foot2.png

Last edited:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I hope we can win this one. I know playoffs are a pipe dream but damn I would love to see them squeeze in. I hope Conacher gets more ice time tonight.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 3 min
Garon in net tonight and Cooper said he may go with 7 D, hinted that Sustr may be the 7th but we'll ser

edit.

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 1 min
Tyrell and Bergeron going through scratch skate as last two on the ice, so those are two expected scratches

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Hey, I like those lineups. That Conacher - Pyatt - Tyrell line is going to be buzzing. Pouliot - Thompson - Purcell makes sense to me. Teddy's the playmaker, you have Pouliot there to put some more grit in it and Thompson to make sure they don't end up with -5 at the end of the night.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I like the lineup, if I remember right, Cooper did the same in Syracuse, he plays a first line and 3 third lines, that all get around 12-14 min. I like it, because every line will be dangerous and is able to score a goal.

The Palat-Johson-Panik line will be incredible fast, the Thompson line combines great offensive with great defensive play and should be okay at both sides of the ice and the Pyatt line is fast and solid defensivly.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Totally agreeing, I think they are f.....ing up this kid. He has done so much this year, and his solid play does NOT warrant decreased ice time. He is second on the team in goals first in rookie scoring, and he does it with getting less offensive opportunities than the other top rookies. I just don't think he has done anything to deserve it , they have just decided to play other guys. Can't figure out why one of our sports writers haven't asked why ?

There has to be something we do not get to see warranting his low ice time.. It just doesn't make sense.

DevilChuk*

Good luck tonight guys..

I happen to be in the Miami area for the game, any shot it will be on TV for me? Channels to look for? Thanks!

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Ya I trust all coaches judgement, just like the guy in Calgary he thought nothing of St. Louis and cast him aside. How about Carlyle in Anaheim with Lupol. EE posted they wanted him to work on his defense, I don't see how no PP time for a guy helps defense. Hey I'm just trying to understand. If he needs to work on defense explain Stamkos to me ? How does reduced ice time help improve your defense ? Not playing him late in games your ahead by a goal. That I would understand ? He will never be a top notch defensive player due to his size but again, he's not being utilized in offensive situations.

Yo, I recognize your concern but at least wait until after one game to start criticizing ice time. At this point in Cooper's tenure, Stamkos is tied with Taro Tsujimoto in ice time.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Yo, I recognize your concern but at least wait until after one game to start criticizing ice time. At this point in Cooper's tenure, Stamkos is tied with Taro Tsujimoto in ice time.
:laugh: Think of it as a preemptive strike. It can get pretty boring on here without Brian Lee :)

soypunk

Curmudgeon
Jan 29, 2005
Seattle, WA
shawn.medero.net
Conacher was the lead goal scorer in the AHL and leading the rookies in scoring, why is he on the 4th line?

I asked Erik Erlendsson about this on Twitter today:

Dropped, obviously, as they want him to improve on his defensive play RT @soypunk: somewhat related: what’s happened to Conacher’s ice time?

source:https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO/status/317682528158904320

Personally didn't think Conacher's defensive play has been *so* bad to drop him to fourth line minutes but I haven't been able to watch 100% of every game for the past few weeks.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad