GDT: 3/26/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Lousy effort in front of your home fans. Going to Boston for a game 7 because you can't put away trash teams at the end of the season is inexcusable. Lousy coaching.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
This team has been absolutely horrific against the dregs of the league which is why instead of making a run at 120 points and a President’a trophy and a top record in the conference they’re going to lose to the Maple Leafs.

What is their combined record against Arizona, Buffalo, Montreal and Ottawa this season? It has to be complete ass.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This team has been absolutely horrific against the dregs of the league which is why instead of making a run at 120 points and a President’a trophy and a top record in the conference they’re going to lose to the Maple Leafs.

What is their combined record against Arizona, Buffalo, Montreal and Ottawa this season? It has to be complete ass.
Can I have your crystal ball?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So the teams that rotate in-and-out every night that slaughter our penalty kill are now going to get to face this penalty kill for 4-7 games straight? Oy vey. Not sure that's gonna end too well for us at all.

And Cooper's playoff history is full of getting worked over by quality head coaches; the only times he's really gotten over on his opposite number were the times he faced Jeff Blashill and Jack Capuano; a bad head coach and a bad former head coach. So I'm not terribly optimistic about that one either.

We also had a shit powerplay in 2016 that magically came to fire in the playoffs. I'm not saying that these aren't concerns, but it's hard to take this current sample seriously given the team's effort level.

Babcock and Quenneville are the only coaches I've ever felt "dominated" Cooper, and we adjusted to Babcock's tactics by the end of the series.

Reactions: Master P

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
41040109771_198e7fedfb_o.gif

Reactions: Hoek

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
it's hard to take this current sample seriously given the team's effort level.
This has been going on since Jan. This isn't some small sample. Not sure what team you are watching. This isn't a recent malaise. This team has been hot garbage for months(plural). We can go back over the data...no problem.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Please don't let Hedman be hurt after a shitty hit in the last meaningless 30 seconds of a garbage game

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This has been going on since Jan. This isn't some small sample. Not sure what team you are watching. This isn't a recent malaise. This team has been hot garbage for months(plural). We can go back over the data...no problem.

I've been consistent with my stance since January.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We also had a **** powerplay in 2016 that magically came to fire in the playoffs. I'm not saying that these aren't concerns, but it's hard to take this current sample seriously given the team's effort level.

Babcock and Quenneville are the only coaches I've ever felt "dominated" Cooper, and we adjusted to Babcock's tactics by the end of the series.

Therrien ate Cooper's lunch...twice. And I'd hesitate to say the Lightning really adjusted well to what the Red Wings were doing in 2015 seeing as how the Red Wings were much better in possession that game and the Lightning scored their only real goal off a right point shot from Braydon Coburn of all people. Game 7 was, at best, dead even; at worst, the Red Wings were unlucky that night.

But that doesn't even really matter, because Babcock coaches a much better team now anyway. That Detroit team should've never taken the Lightning to seven games. The talent disparity was apparent even then and Babcock still took the Wings as far as he could.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

What we're seeing now, and what we saw in January aren't that comparable. This stretch has been much worse. The lack of effort is in a whole new ballpark.

I'll say what I said before since coaching is coming up again. Cooper can wear jorts and a tanktop on the bench for the rest of the regular season and not get fired, the only thing that matters is playoffs and he's got some work to do.

Reactions: Stamper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad