GDT: 3/26/16 | Wild @ Avalanche | 2PM CT / 9PM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
It looks like Avs fans have reached the point we were at when we dropped our entire 12 point advantage in the standings over the next closest team below whilst securely in the top Wild card spot and challenging a top 3 position, to being completely out of the playoffs, which ultimately led to Yeo's overdue dismissal.

Hint to Avs fans...Roy is NOT helping your team.

Seems to be the latest in a long line of "great players don't always make great coaches" flops.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone that knows X's and O's well know why our PP suddenly became dangerous?

It doesn't look like there was a drastic overhaul in strategy but the #1 unit seems more willing to come off the ice now.

playing crappy PK's?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Hmm, if Roy gets fired for losing the WC spot to the Wild, is it fair to say that the Wild have ended his career twice?

I think that would be fair. It would also be fair to say he ended his own career the second time around. A few season's worth of poor decisions will do that.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i really thought the avs would give it everything they got & win that game to stay alive sat. i dont know the avs cap situation but i dont think they should have traded o'reilly. whether roy is a good coach or not im sure hes as passionate as they come. with 2 scorers out & not a strong defense im amazed they were even in the playoff hunt.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
i really thought the avs would give it everything they got & win that game to stay alive sat. i dont know the avs cap situation but i dont think they should have traded o'reilly. whether roy is a good coach or not im sure hes as passionate as they come. with 2 scorers out & not a strong defense im amazed they were even in the playoff hunt.

Passion is good - smarts is better. A combination of the 2, Quennevile.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So the thing about the Avs situation that makes our playoff chances so high, is that they would need to go on almost a miracle run to make the playoffs at this point. Our possible points is at 97, which is very unlikely that we'll get anyway because we would have to win all 6 of our remaining games. But let's put some hypothetical scenarios out there.

Let's say we go .500 for the rest of the season, 3 wins 3 losses. We end up with 91 points. Colorado would need to get 11 points from here on just to tie us, and then who knows at that point who would get the ROW tiebreaker. If we won all 3 of ours in regulation or OT, Colorado would need to win at least 3 of theirs in the same fashion to have a chance there.I f it came down to points earned between us we would most likely take it.

So Colorado in that scenario would need to get around 5 wins and 1 OT loss just to tie us in points. With the way they've been playing, I just don't see that happening. All we have to do from here on is be a .500 team or better and we'll EASILY get in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So the thing about the Avs situation that makes our playoff chances so high, is that they would need to go on almost a miracle run to make the playoffs at this point. Our possible points is at 97, which is very unlikely that we'll get anyway because we would have to win all 6 of our remaining games. But let's put some hypothetical scenarios out there.

Let's say we go .500 for the rest of the season, 3 wins 3 losses. We end up with 91 points. Colorado would need to get 11 points from here on just to tie us, and then who knows at that point who would get the ROW tiebreaker. If we won all 3 of ours in regulation or OT, Colorado would need to win at least 3 of theirs in the same fashion to have a chance there.I f it came down to points earned between us we would most likely take it.

So Colorado in that scenario would need to get around 5 wins and 1 OT loss just to tie us in points. With the way they've been playing, I just don't see that happening. All we have to do from here on is be a .500 team or better and we'll EASILY get in.

Screaming jinx post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad