GDT: 3/25/16 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We really are, sure we still have Hedman who will play big minutes but we don't have a solid #1 RD shutdown/offensive guy like Stralman who plays big minutes for us. Garrison and Coburn are solid 3 & 4 guys and Sustr, Nesterov and Carle are bottom guys.

koekkoek is gonna shock you he will pinch at right times hes gonna be big addition hes not stralman but can skate with hedman

also whats to say we dont bring up tony d for power play running 7 d all the time?

carle has been good since january and we are lucky to have him still to be honest makes this loss palatable

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it's safe to say Koekkoek is coming up and not going back down. It's time to take the training wheels off and play him. We've been grooming this kid for 4 years now

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
So, the pairings probably go like this now, huh?

77-62
5-55
25-29

Boy that third pairing, between Carle and an inexperienced offensive-minded D, has disaster potential.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
koekkoek is gonna shock you he will pinch at right times hes gonna be big addition hes not stralman but can skate with hedman

also whats to say we dont bring up tony d for power play running 7 d all the time?

carle has been good since january and we are lucky to have him still to be honest makes this loss palatable

Agreed. I think this is where Koekkoek can prove what an impact player he will be. The kid is simply outstanding and so many players started their careers by stepping into difficult situations and flourished. I always say, "Put yourself under a little pressure and see how you do." It's a bad way to open the door but it's open for him now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So, the pairings probably go like this now, huh?

77-62
5-55
25-29

Boy that third pairing, between Carle and an inexperienced offensive-minded D, has disaster potential.

77 - 62: Yikes. Hedman can play big minutes but Sustr (who has looked better) can't handle top matches and big minutes

5 - 55: Its solid enough and defensively responsible, I'm okay with this being the 2nd pair

25 29/89(?) Yikes!!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
coco puffs in the hisnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn houseeeeeeeeeeeeee

im excited you all think what you want koekkoek has been ready for awhile hes gonna shock you all and prove why we took him as 10th overall so long ago lol

p.s. drouin scored another goal tonight

bring up all the kids dooooooooooooooo ittttttttttttt

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I vote we refer to him as "Shimmy shimmy cocoa puff" in full.

in the time he was up he was impactful to me

think was heddy sustr
garrison koekkoek
coburn carle
nesterov

i thought that worked out well had plenty of d rushes etc..

the kid can flat out skate hes played two full years in ahl he is as ready as he would ever be

so like someone said take off those training wheels and prove your the man :popcorn::popcorn:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
in the time he was up he was impactful to me

think was heddy sustr
garrison koekkoek
coburn carle
nesterov

i thought that worked out well had plenty of d rushes etc..

the kid can flat out skate hes played two full years in ahl he is as ready as he would ever be

so like someone said take off those training wheels and prove your the man :popcorn::popcorn:

He won't call up koekkoek he will go with nesty

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Loved Anton as a NYR. Sucks too. I turned on game late and saw he played a total of 3:24 and was like something must have happened. One of those guys who is very underrated.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
a lot of people are writing the lightning out now, I think we will be alright. Hopefully hes back in the 2nd round. This def gives CooCoo puffs the chance to step in. Also think Garri Coburn step up. I may get **** but Carle looked good tonight dare I say it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It's not the same injury, but do remember that, on March 28th last season, Garrison suffered a pretty rough injury when Abdelkader boarded him in Detroit, and that was a 3-5 week prognosis, if I recall. He returned for Game 3 of the first round, which was April 21st, if I'm recalling the dates correctly (don't doubt me; I am correct). That was four weeks and two days.

If, at the optimistic best, we're projecting six weeks on the sideline for Stralman, well, subtract three days and then add back fourteen (or just add 11 days if you like doing math in fewer steps). That's May 3rd when Stralman when would be able to return, and once we get to May, it's the second round at the absolute earliest.

If there's any chance Stralman could return for the second round, well, that would be great, but TB is going to need some luck with their first round draw, then. Fortunately, if it is only the first round (...we know it would likely extend into, if not for the entirety, of the 2nd round, but roll with this), Tampa Bay still has the talent to beat, if not be outright favored, against any of the five teams they could theoretically face (they won't face the Caps, Rags, or likely 'Cats in the first round, so exclude them). It sure won't be easy, though. Some guys are gonna need to step up on the blueline in addition to Bishop continuing to be damn-near Vezina calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad