GDT: 3/24/18 - Spidey's Hype Train - Lightning @ Devils 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
That snow game is looming large. Panthers Weren’t playing their best during the time the game was postponed and now to get to play the final game of the year with possible playoffs on the line? That’s huge.

Leafs sens back to back and the preds game are the ones that stick out as two possible losses.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
devils might have the benefit of playing the islanders and rangers just after they’re eliminated from the playoffs which could be big let down games for them

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
That snow game is looming large. Panthers Weren’t playing their best during the time the game was postponed and now to get to play the final game of the year with possible playoffs on the line? That’s huge.

Leafs sens back to back and the preds game are the ones that stick out as two possible losses.

Plus the game will in all likelihood mean absolutely nothing to the Bruins.

I don't really want to think about that though. If the Devils take care of their own business and go at least 5-2, they should get in.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
That’s a bs copout. Beating good teams is one thing, but the Devils have lost to good teams as well as losing clunkers to Ottawa, Arizona, etc. You are what your record is. This isn’t like the NFL where everyone is playing completely different opposition.

Cop out my ass. It’s not that or bull****. What’s bull**** is Florida’s schedule. They have been playing potatoes on a consistent basis which has allowed them to get into this race. If you don’t think this has been a factor or that they’re not benefiting from this then I don’t know what to tell you. Their schedule turned out being a major advantage for them with how everything panned out. Yes, it’s true that you need to take advantage of playing in a weaker division or against weaker teams but I don’t think for one second Florida is doing what they’re doing if they played in the metro. It’s just not happening.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cop out my ass. It’s not that or bull****. What’s bull**** is Florida’s schedule. They have been playing potatoes on a consistent basis which has allowed them to get into this race. If you don’t think this has been a factor or that they’re not benefiting from this then I don’t know what to tell you. Their schedule turned out being a major advantage for them with how everything panned out. Yes, it’s true that you need to take advantage of playing in a weaker division or against weaker teams but I don’t think for one second Florida is doing what they’re doing if they played in the metro. It’s just not happening.

Well more to the point they're playing a bunch of them AT ONCE...it's not like they get the bad teams stuck as a trap game in the middle of playing Tampa and Boston or on the reverse end of back-to-backs. Arguably we had that earlier in the season a little where we got to play a bunch of the non-playoff teams but not to the extent they've had it now.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
so last night was a success

D77BD193-0B74-4608-8A6F-6D690EAE0996.jpeg

roflsubway, some things never change.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Let's not discount the Rangers. They have been playing very good hockey.

Eh they still lost their last three before the cupcake game last night and are 3-4-2 in their last nine. Of course it'll be a tricky game (especially assuming they bring Lundqvist out of hibernation for that one) but they have a bunch of games this week where they can put the hammer down before having to worry about the Rangers. No reason we can't win at least three out of our next four, hopefully the Panthers lose at least two of their next four.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Well more to the point they're playing a bunch of them AT ONCE...it's not like they get the bad teams stuck as a trap game in the middle of playing Tampa and Boston or on the reverse end of back-to-backs. Arguably we had that earlier in the season a little where we got to play a bunch of the non-playoff teams but not to the extent they've had it now.

I honestly can’t recall ever seeing something like this. Their schedule is just insane. So many teams that turned out being piss poor and they are getting them one after the next. I mean sometimes you’ll get lucky and have multiple games head to head vs teams you’re chasing. That happens. Those 4 point swings can be monumental and is what really propelled NJ past Philly and NYR back in 06. But this year, it’s just out of control. Even their snow game broke perfectly for them, should it matter. It’s going to get tougher for them now, but the damage is done. They’re fully in this race now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I personally think we are way better than what our record indicates. We just have to make the playoffs, and I'm not really scared of anyone other than the Bruins and maybe the Caps.
We just have to make the playoffs...

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the bruins are playing for the top seed in the eastern conference im sure they'd much rather play the wild card than the leafs, and we helped them last night by beating the lightning, the least they could do is return the favor

Reactions: glenwo2

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
im also not terrified of a bruins matchup - we lost one game to them in an 11 round shootout, and two because of bad goaltending but we outplayed them in all 3 games in my opinion. i think we could match up ok with them honestly. im really most afraid of the capitals just because they can score and physically dominate us more than any other team

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Funny thing is that Panther and Flyer fans are also ringing the doom bell over that fact they get no out of town help.

So someone has to actually be wrong. All three teams can’t miss the playoffs despite what their fan base believes.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It would be *VERY* risky to rely on Kinkaid as the starter next year. This could very easily be a fluke. But if he keeps this up he can make quite a case for himself. He doesn't look like he's stopping. Personally I wouldn't risk it, but even if it's not here I think someone will take a chance on him as a tandem goalie this offseason.

Reactions: NJDevils17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad