GDT: 3/24/16 - Not Backstroms vs Niklas Backstrom | 7PM CT - 2AM BACKSTROM TIME | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Same ole Backs. That's why we didn't play him all year.

Oh geezus... come on. It's a game. You let the opposing goalie have it whether he used to played for you in the past or not.

If you're gonna do it then do it when the game is still on and tight. Not when the game is over. Either way shouldn't happen to one of the best if not the best goalie of the franchise. Culture=zero.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, he's no Keranen.

Oh, almost forgot him! :amazed:

keranen.jpg

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Parise was so nervous during that interview with Gorg. Just waiting for a curveball question; didn't happen. Pffft, Gorg only pitches softballs, fool.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If you're gonna do it then do it when the game is still on and tight. Not when the game is over. Either way shouldn't happen to one of the best if not the best goalie of the franchise. Culture=zero.

I have no problem with it being done at any point. I bet Backs didn't even bat an eye over it.

I bet most of you saying it was classless have been involved with all the booing of Gaborik over the years too.

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
I have no problem with it being done at any point. I bet Backs didn't even bat an eye over it.

I bet most of you saying it was classless have been involved with all the booing of Gaborik over the years too.

Backs left on good terms, Gaborik didn't. *******s and oranges.

Edit: that's a pretty great autocorrect.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Backs left on good terms, Gaborik didn't. *******s and oranges.
Backs was getting it for what happened IN THE GAME which is more relevant than anything Gaborik got from the fans.

BTW - I dispute your "Gaborik didn't leave on good terms" claim.

All he did was leave as a free agent when a useless GM had already proven time and again, he was unable to build a winner. In Gaborik's shoes I'd have gone via Free Agency too to try to win a cup. I'd say it's worked out for him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What happened to Backstrom? I missed what you guys are talking about.

Also, the Avs just took a 2-1 lead.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What happened to Backstrom? I missed what you guys are talking about.

Also, the Avs just took a 2-1 lead.

Apparently because of all the goals Backs let in, the fans started chanting Baaaaaackstrom....Baaaaaaackstrom, and some here think that's disgusting because he used to play here... which I think is a ridiculous notion. It's hockey, you give it to the opposing goalie every time in that scenario IMO... I don't care who he is.

It's a game, have fun! I guarantee you Backstrom wasn't offended by it.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Remind me next time, hockey fans ain't exactly the classiest, most educated, repositories of humanity. Needling Backs, those are the same fools who populate the STrib comments who think Backs ripped off the Wild by consciously preventing his buyout. Whatever.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Apparently because of all the goals Backs let in, the fans started chanting Baaaaaackstrom....Baaaaaaackstrom, and some here think that's disgusting because he used to play here... which I think is a ridiculous notion. It's hockey, you give it to the opposing goalie every time in that scenario IMO... I don't care who he is.

It's a game, have fun! I guarantee you Backstrom wasn't offended by it.

Yeah, I really don't see the big deal if that's the case.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There was talk pre-game... even from Russo that Backs wanted revenge against the Wild... isn't that "just as classy" on his part? I mean... come on, this team bent over backwards for him over the years... where's the loyalty?

Or... maybe it's just a game, and he's having fun too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad