GDT: 3/24/16 - Not Backstroms vs Niklas Backstrom | 7PM CT - 2AM BACKSTROM TIME | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
eleffagfoj.png

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Great seeing him get a chance to play. I never thought he was terrible enough to justify not even getting backup duty. I do, however, hope he lets in 5 or 6 tonight ;)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Lets score at least five against Bäckström, for old times sake.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Bet it's gonna be weird for Backstrom to hear the crowd roar at the X when he gets scored on. First time he'll hear anything but silence or groans.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for Backs and I'm really glad he's playing somewhere. That being said, obviously we need to win. Perfect situation is we go up 1-0 very early and just dominate the flames on both ends of the ice and , outshoot them even worse than the Kings outshot us, but Backs stops everything else, and then we win 2-0 with an EN.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for Backs and I'm really glad he's playing somewhere. That being said, obviously we need to win. Perfect situation is we go up 1-0 very early and just dominate the flames on both ends of the ice and , outshoot them even worse than the Kings outshot us, but Backs stops everything else, and then we win 2-0 with an EN.

Hear hear! Last several years were ugly. Bad contracts for fragile elder man. Bad luck, bad decisions. I don't want to remember those.

Bäcks brought me here, to follow the Wild. So I'm gonna wear my Backs jersey, watch him playing probably his last game in NA, at the Xcel. And rooting for Wild win.

End of an era. Should've ended earlier yes.. but this is a great way to say good bye. And move on.

Btw. Great gdt :D

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Let's hope Backstrom still has his soft spot -- shoot low on his blocker side.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm guessing that Backstrom is going to be massively pumped up and will either stone us with a legendary performance, or totally mess up.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I'm guessing that Backstrom is going to be massively pumped up and will either stone us with a legendary performance, or totally mess up.

Knowing the Wild and Minnesota sports scene in general it will probably be a legendary performance and the Wild will look like hot gahbage, but one never knows.

The team seems genuinely happy for him, despite all the stuff that some fans think tarnished his legacy this season, so it'll be interesting.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I hope they have a nice video tribute thing planned.

It's cool seeing those pictures of all the guys crowded around him and looking up to him.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, this will be the last time this picture will be even somewhat relevant. From my GDT back in 2013.

PT4BssA.jpg

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I wonder if we will hear...BAAAAACKSTROM BAAAAACKSTROM BAAAAACKSTROM tonight :)

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I'm super tired and need sleep... but I think I'll set my alarm clock for this. No way to know if I want to get up when it goes off but at least I'll try. Off to bed now, see you in a few hours I hope. -> Zzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad