GDT: 3/24/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
well, I still don't think you can just run these guys into the ground; G-d forbid a 3OT game be the front end of a team that has to play the next night in the other city or something. My ideal system is the following, and I make no concessions:

1) 3-2-1-0 points
2) long change
3) 4-on-4 for five minutes or until first whistle after five minutes
4) 3-on-3 for five minutes

if it goes to a shootout after this, well, then both teams really sucked.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stamkos is just amazing. I'm also loving Flip and Palat as well. Just so fun to watch these guys.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stamkos is just amazing. I'm also loving Flip and Palat as well. Just so fun to watch these guys.

You are in for a shock. I figure by playoffs you will see something you havent witnessed yet.

I think each game he inches closer to the stamkos we saw to start the year:) Think maybe two weeks he is there.

You will be like the rest of us crosby is over rated :) He was much faster tonight. He will keep just getting better and better till he is the best player at this moment in the game.

I was not sure he would get there by end of season after tonight seeing the jump he had yeah I figure another two weeks he is just sick to watch again. Like everytime on ice forget about it. Need 4 guys sticking him lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You are in for a shock. I figure by playoffs you will see something you havent witnessed yet.

I think each game he inches closer to the stamkos we saw to start the year:) Think maybe two weeks he is there.

You will be like the rest of us crosby is over rated :) He was much faster tonight. He will keep just getting better and better till he is the best player at this moment in the game.

I was not sure he would get there by end of season after tonight seeing the jump he had yeah I figure another two weeks he is just sick to watch again. Like everytime on ice forget about it. Need 4 guys sticking him lol.

Well it's cool seeing my favorite player on a line with Stamkos. lol.

I was actually at the Rangers game, was just seeing some of the highlights, how did Callahan play today?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

I think Stamkos could near 70 goals in a season with the right linemates. Whatever he lacks at passing, puck-handling, and defense he more than makes up with his scoring ability. Kid is a freak of nature putting the puck in the net.

Hawkeye37

Feb 26, 2014
I took my wife to the game tonight. She's the textbook definition of a "casual fan," but we had some pretty good seats with a clear shot of the goal. At one point, she turned to me and said "it's almost unfair how much better Stamkos is than the rest of the players." She asked if every team had a player like Stamkos, and I said: "no, guys like him only come along once in a generation. Every time you watch him play, you're seeing something special. We're going to have to explain to our (future) kids someday how much fun it was to watch him play."

On the drive home, she said we need to go to more games. I call that a "keeper!"

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I took my wife to the game tonight. She's the textbook definition of a "casual fan," but we had some pretty good seats with a clear shot of the goal. At one point, she turned to me and said "it's almost unfair how much better Stamkos is than the rest of the players." She asked if every team had a player like Stamkos, and I said: "no, guys like him only come along once in a generation. Every time you watch him play, you're seeing something special. We're going to have to explain to our (future) kids someday how much fun it was to watch him play."

On the drive home, she said we need to go to more games. I call that a "keeper!"

Maybe if she falls in love with hockey she will accept the replica '04 Cup ring as her engagement ring :naughty:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Salo, Carle and Gudas were atrocious tonight. They are usually pretty bad (at least lately), but they were AWFUL tonight. Hedman was in beast mode and Kostka looked like our 2nd best dman.

Stamkos is just absolutely incredible but he needs some speedy wingers. I would love to see Johnson and Brown with him. Purcell sucks and Killorn is out of his element in a top 6 role. Stamgod needs wingers who can actually skate with him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well it's cool seeing my favorite player on a line with Stamkos. lol.

I was actually at the Rangers game, was just seeing some of the highlights, how did Callahan play today?

Another strong game, IMO. Was instrumental on the Hedman goal and fed Palat which ultimately led to Stamkos's goal. The big thing though, for me, was when the team looked like a bunch of lazy slobs, Callahan was out there hustling and fighting in the corners. And then by the end of the second it caught on with everyone else.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another strong game, IMO. Was instrumental on the Hedman goal and fed Palat which ultimately led to Stamkos's goal. The big thing though, for me, was when the team looked like a bunch of lazy slobs, Callahan was out there hustling and fighting in the corners. And then by the end of the second it caught on with everyone else.

Sounds good man, so yeah was at the Rangers game, St Louis was not getting too much love, probably because he had yet another bad game. There was a lot of "Bring back Cally" yells, oh and one "Go back to Tampa", lol. I have nothing against MSL but when he is now getting hate in two cities, and the other is getting praise in both, well then there is certainly a statement that is being made.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I think Stamkos could near 70 goals in a season with the right linemates. Whatever he lacks at passing, puck-handling, and defense he more than makes up with his scoring ability. Kid is a freak of nature putting the puck in the net.

Don't like Purcell and Kilorn at all with Stamkos (they do nothing). I hope these other guys come sooner than later (Drouin and Kucherov) :handclap:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sounds good man, so yeah was at the Rangers game, St Louis was not getting too much love, probably because he had yet another bad game. There was a lot of "Bring back Cally" yells, oh and one "Go back to Tampa", lol. I have nothing against MSL but when he is now getting hate in two cities, and the other is getting praise in both, well then there is certainly a statement that is being made.

I watched the first period of the Rangers game and MSL just looked odd to me. There was one play behind the net where he just seemed to panic with the puck and tried to throw it out front but wound up just putting it into the back of the net.

I also saw that he played < 12 minutes last night. I don't know if there were circumstances around that or if AV just shortened his leash.

I think the way the trade went down made it a lot easier for TBL fans to warm up to Callahan. As in, we're (mostly) pretty bitter about the way MSL left, and it's a downright personal form of bitter (as in, most of us are hoping he fails), so it makes it extra sweet if this trade becomes a win for us both in the short and long term.

That said, I think it bodes well for Cally's future in Tampa that his teammates have reportedly fallen in love with him.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I watched the first period of the Rangers game and MSL just looked odd to me. There was one play behind the net where he just seemed to panic with the puck and tried to throw it out front but wound up just putting it into the back of the net.

I also saw that he played < 12 minutes last night. I don't know if there were circumstances around that or if AV just shortened his leash.

I think the way the trade went down made it a lot easier for TBL fans to warm up to Callahan. As in, we're (mostly) pretty bitter about the way MSL left, and it's a downright personal form of bitter (as in, most of us are hoping he fails), so it makes it extra sweet if this trade becomes a win for us both in the short and long term.

That said, I think it bodes well for Cally's future in Tampa that his teammates have reportedly fallen in love with him.

He was a game time decision to even play. Apparently suffering from the Flu.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Our top line wasn't bad last night. They didn't score but had chances that they couldn't convert. The third line was out for 2 goals against, sure they got one back but they need to fix their own zone play before we should put them on the top line.

We can win with our D, if we couldn't we wouldn't be 2nd in the division. Sure they have moments where they look completely inept but they are doing enough. Think we need to get Barberio's speed back in and Aulie's toughness. Our transitions out of the zone have been struggling and we are allowing teams to camp the front of the net. Would like to see complete reshuffle for a game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd like to start giving Salo games off where we can. Possibly Brewer as well. For the rest.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd like to start giving Salo games off where we can. Possibly Brewer as well. For the rest.

I'd be fine with that, but we can't do it yet. We're not in yet, and things could still fall apart (see: Toronto).

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. I have not been in love with these two for a long time.

Well, Killer is a great third line winger, and Purcell isn't bad with the limited ice time either. I just dont think either is a first line Stamkos partner. It will stay like this right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Kuch and Brown could do with Stammer towards the end of the season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd be fine with that, but we can't do it yet. We're not in yet, and things could still fall apart (see: Toronto).

Agreed, but Salo in particular is starting to have some very off nights. He played a full Olympic schedule and he's never been the most durable guy.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Steven Stamkos came in to the locker room from the training room wielding a baseball bat, showing off his sense of humor (and bat skills)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad