GDT: 3/23/18 - Spidey's Positivity GDT - Devils @ Penguins 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If Grabner leaves he'll probably go back to it soooooo
I think Grabner and Maroon could be here to stay. Grabner wants to stay local and Maroon, while a wild card to stay, should like the idea of less travel and possibly more time to fly out and see his kid. He also could try to sign somewhere closer to St Louis

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I think Grabner and Maroon could be here to stay. Grabner wants to stay local and Maroon, while a wild card to stay, should like the idea of less travel and possibly more time to fly out and see his kid. He also could try to sign somewhere closer to St Louis

lets talk about this after the season.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I thought that was a stoppable goal on Murray, so I think it's definitely fair to say Nico was the main guy on that play and had the more memorable role in that play.

Nico was a beast on that play, no argument there. As far as Murray is concerned, when a shooter like Hall is allowed to just glide in like that with the puck in a shooting position, you're going to have to give something up, wickets or the corner, Hall can go either way with a lightning quick shot, and it will be tough for any goalie to stop.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Awww

JuJW4i3.gif

like two lobster claws

Reactions: JK3

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ok guys... was out to dinner in the City and missed the bulk of the game :(

I hope this doesn't mean I have to do the GDT for tomorrow. I don't think I have the time :(

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nico was a beast on that play, no argument there. As far as Murray is concerned, when a shooter like Hall is allowed to just glide in like that with the puck in a shooting position, you're going to have to give something up, wickets or the corner, Hall can go either way with a lightning quick shot, and it will be tough for any goalie to stop.
I feel like Hall's OT winners have been pretty nice, but pretty stoppable on the goalie. At least against Washington, Carolina (Ward was f***in clueless on that one) and tonight's were kind of stoppable on those guys. They have all been breakaways I think?

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I feel like Hall's OT winners have been pretty nice, but pretty stoppable on the goalie. At least against Washington, Carolina (Ward was ****in clueless on that one) and tonight's were kind of stoppable on those guys. They have all been breakaways I think?

Murray was probably cursing through his mask as Hall was left dangling as if the game had ended and people were on other side of ice.

No wonder he didn't make a save, i'd be pissed if I were a goalie and all 3 teammates were 50 feet from the play. Haha.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I feel like Hall's OT winners have been pretty nice, but pretty stoppable on the goalie. At least against Washington, Carolina (Ward was ****in clueless on that one) and tonight's were kind of stoppable on those guys. They have all been breakaways I think?
Only this one was a breakaway. The Ward goal was a soft 5-hole rebound winner and Hall had the defender fighting him. Washington Hall chipped it by for a breakaway from a blueline in actually, so 2 of 3.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only this one was a breakaway. The Ward goal was a soft 5-hole rebound winner and Hall had the defender fighting him. Washington Hall chipped it by for a breakaway from a blueline in actually, so 2 of 3.
I don't know why I thought the Carolina one was a breakaway, which Ward stopped but didn't the rebound.

Guess it wasn't.

I do remember the failure to cover it up and was yelling at the TV, thinking I was the only one to notice that it was still loose.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
And yeah whoever is going to make it lets make the GDT tonight - its basically playoff hockey so Im sure there is lots to discuss

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Murray was probably cursing through his mask as Hall was left dangling as if the game had ended and people were on other side of ice.

No wonder he didn't make a save, i'd be pissed if I were a goalie and all 3 teammates were 50 feet from the play. Haha.
I feel like we have them right where we want them once we get in OT, because Hynes can't deploy his crappy shutdown guys because we need to score to win the game at that point.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I feel like we have them right where we want them once we get in OT, because Hynes can't deploy his crappy shutdown guys because we need to score to win the game at that point.

I think we got lucky Hynes didn't have enough time to deploy the anchor, THANKS NICO/HALL (...and Vats) :)

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we got lucky Hynes didn't have enough time to deploy the anchor, THANKS NICO/HALL (...and Vats) :)
I'm assuming you're talking about Greene? I feel like everybody must feel like they're 180 pounds lighter when he's off the ice (see what I did there?) now.

Usually he only uses Greene in OT when we have a D-zone draw or on the PK.

Luckily he hasn't used Lovejoy in OT in a non-PK situation in over a year now.

THANK GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad