GDT: 3/23/18 - Spidey's Positivity GDT - Devils @ Penguins 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I feel like we have them right where we want them once we get in OT, because Hynes can't deploy his crappy shutdown guys because we need to score to win the game at that point.

ill try to make this positive...

we are winning in spite of hynes because this team has something. call it what you want. we are here because of a decent core. could be further along with some decent roster moves.

gibbons and coleman are great new nhl shutdown guys tho. no clue why hynes uses others.

this team is really good given the circumstances. they could be better with some decent guidance tho.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
anyone covering the devs is asleep.

look for an article on monday
Chris Ryan does a good pumping out the articles, so that's not the problem, the problem is they bury his articles again and again, to find any stories on the Devils on NJ.com you have to click on MENU in top left corner and then it's Sports>Devils...but unless you're a die hard Devils fan, who is going to do that? It should be on f***ing Page 1 so every person who clicks on NJ.com will see without having to search for them.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Chris Ryan does a good pumping out the articles, so that's not the problem, the problem is they bury his articles again and again, to find any stories on the Devils on NJ.com you have to click on MENU in top left corner and then it's Sports>Devils...but unless you're a die hard Devils fan, who is going to do that? It should be on ****ing Page 1 so every person who clicks on NJ.com will see without having to search for them.

wonder who owns nj.com

something tells me it isnt a person from nj.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
wonder who owns nj.com

something tells me it isnt a person from nj.
I don't think its the owners, its who editors and sports editors. Challenged Steve Politi on twitter about this, I have 45,000 followers so I knew he wouldn't ignore me, and he got REAL defensive about it. And he's also a legitimate douche, to the bone.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think its the owners, its who editors and sports editors. Challenged Steve Politi on twitter about this, I have 45,000 followers so I knew he wouldn't ignore me, and he got REAL defensive about it. And he's also a legitimate *****e, to the bone.

i have to disagree (with respect). its about the owners. and maybe he got defensive because he knows who he answers to.

advance digital owns nj.com. which is part of advance publications .......

Advance Publications is an American media company owned by the descendants of Samuel Irving Newhouse, Sr.

born and bred in NYC.

lets drop it dude. i hated getting bumped on sportschannel back in the day and hate getting bumped to SDtv msg these days. what can we do tho? we are west side islanders. this is rangers town. just have to deal with it and be happy we have a team. all we can do is spread the word.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is the first time in weeks I haven't felt like cringing when looking at the standings. Of course we're far from out of the woods yet - the wrong results tomorrow could put us right back on the griddle one point up with two games in the hole, but can't say they didn't exceed expectations on the trip.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is the first time in weeks I haven't felt like cringing when looking at the standings. Of course we're far from out of the woods yet - the wrong results tomorrow could put us right back on the griddle one point up with two games in the hole, but can't say they didn't exceed expectations on the trip.

The schedule finally turns though. Home games and finally some non-playoff teams.

Of course cupcakes are only cupcakes if you actually win them, but you have to prefer that over a California death gauntlet.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The schedule finally turns though. Home games and finally some non-playoff teams.

Of course cupcakes are only cupcakes if you actually win them, but you have to prefer that over a California death gauntlet.

Sure but those are the kind of situations we've been flubbing all year - they haven't been all that good at home and gave away too many points against crap teams already. Only their incredible resilience on the road has saved them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sure but those are the kind of situations we've been flubbing all year - they haven't been all that good at home and gave away too many points against crap teams already. Only their incredible resilience on the road has saved them.

True, but you can’t blame out of town scores st that point.

If you can’t beat teams far behind you at this point, do you really deserve it?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Palmieri was caught covering for a forward at the blue line on that 3-on-1 and played it way too risky.

He was covering for severson who pinched in on the boards. Frigging jackass was almost unwatchable at times tonight.

Kink was awesome. That Coleman goal might go down as one of the biggest of the season. Thought vats made a lot of important little plays, and Moore actually surprised me with some great stick work breaking up dangerous passes.... Of which there seemef to be a million tonight.

Can't decide if we should rest kk and try to get the monkey off Cory's back tomorrow... But if it turns ugly, he might never recover.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto

I was too young for 1988. I don't recall a single Devils season in recent memory where we were fighting for our playoff lives with less than 10 games to go. I'm used to watching other teams go through it, most memorably Philly and the Rags going at it for the last playoff spot in 2010. It's exciting and thrilling, but not something I would want to experience every year. It's affecting my day to day life. Each game either puts me in a good mood or a very depressed mood until the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->