GDT: 3/23/15 - Wild @ Leafs - 6:30PM CT, 1:30AM Suomi - FS-N, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Good game, gents. Looks like we both got what we wanted. Not how we wanted, but all's well that ends well. We got the McEichel points and you guys further solidified your playoff spot.

Anyways, really hope the Wild make it, I'll be rooting for them :yo:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
1st post Woot!!! Didn't know Gardiner was that good. He was a beast all night. He saved them at least one or two goals. Stewart is proving to be tough to knock off the puck. Vanek has superior vision with and without puck. Even that little shift to the middle on his goal was brilliant. We won the majority of board battles until dismal third period. Take the two points and I'm happy.

Welcome! :yo:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
1st post Woot!!! Didn't know Gardiner was that good. He was a beast all night. He saved them at least one or two goals. Stewart is proving to be tough to knock off the puck. Vanek has superior vision with and without puck. Even that little shift to the middle on his goal was brilliant. We won the majority of board battles until dismal third period. Take the two points and I'm happy.

Welcome. Agree with all points. Especially the bolded. :nod:

I agree. Let him rest and see what we have in Kuemper for down the stretch

And another welcome!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oops.. Misread that.. :help: I just get nervous over using Dubnyk
It's definitely nerve wrecking, but we don't have a choice. We can't catch any breathing room, so we need the best goalie in there. We'll live and die by him. If he keeps doing what he's doing, it's all good. If he gets hurt, we're done. Not only does Kemps need to get his confidence back, but the team doesn't trust him the way they trust Dubs. You could see everyone changing their own game and going full defense mode, because they couldn't rely on Kuemper to make the saves. Dubs earned their trust and allowed them to focus back on each of their own positions.

We don't have time to let Kemps adjust right now. Every point counts!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oops.. Misread that.. :help: I just get nervous over using Dubnyk

No need to be...he's in his physical prime and came to us beyond well rested. He's not going to break down like 36 year old backstrom did a couple years back.

Overuse of Duuuuuuuuubs shouldn't be a concern at all.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
It's definitely nerve wrecking, but we don't have a choice. We can't catch any breathing room, so we need the best goalie in there. We'll live and die by him. If he keeps doing what he's doing, it's all good. If he gets hurt, we're done. Not only does Kemps need to get his confidence back, but the team doesn't trust him the way they trust Dubs. You could see everyone changing their own game and going full defense mode, because they couldn't rely on Kuemper to make the saves. Dubs earned their trust and allowed them to focus back on each of their own positions.

We don't have time to let Kemps adjust right now. Every point counts!

Yeah I agree there has been a big change with dubs in net compared to kemps during the mid-season. I guess I haven't lost complete faith in kemps and think that he could still do well for us. Then again I am not at practice everyday with him so who knows what is really going on..

No need to be...he's in his physical prime and came to us beyond well rested. He's not going to break down like 36 year old backstrom did a couple years back.

Yeah he did but I would just like to see if kemps can get back to form so we have a NYR type issue with two great goaltenders that we can have faith in

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah I agree there has been a big change with dubs in net compared to kemps during the mid-season. I guess I haven't lost complete faith in kemps and think that he could still do well for us. Then again I am not at practice everyday with him so who knows what is really going on..

Yeah he did but I would just like to see if kemps can get back to form so we have a NYR type issue with two great goaltenders that we can have faith in
I haven't lost faith in Kuemper, but he's going to need some time to prove himself again. He needs to start with a clean slate next year. But right now we have no room for error. Every team around us is winning, and even one period of Kuemper crumbling could be costly.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

The concern is that we are too afraid of giving Kuemper a start. Like he's totally unable to goalie. Just give the guy a start behind a team that's playing good ffs.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Russo's blog

The Wild lost 35 of 61 faceoffs, but Koivu won 15 of 26. Coyle won 1 of 10, but that one was the faceoff that led to his 11th goal and eighth point in 10 games. Tired of getting roasted by Trevor Smith, Coyle said he tried a new way to beat him by not even going for the puck and driving forward through him. Luckily, Justin Fontaine and Vanek also went with him, something he said he didn’t tell them to do. Coyle scored off Vanek’s rebound.

Humorously, I thought it was a set play. When I asked Coyle if it was, Koivu chimed in, “Keep it quiet,” to his teammate with a big, mischievous grin.

Coyle finally said when Koivu walked away and stopped being the peanut gallery, “Just happened like that, Van shot the puck and rebound. I didn’t tell Vanek to jump like that or Fonzie to go. And it worked out. I was just trying a new way to beat him.

Koivu trying to silence other players, locker room schism.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
It'd be great to get 5 or 6 out of the next 6 points. W's over calgary and LA would be huge to give us some breathing room so the final 5ish games aren't so intense. If we get 5 out of our next 6. (OT Loss NYI, W vs Cal/LA) That would leave the Wild with 94 points after 76 games which would have me feeling pretty comfortable.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Good teams find different ways to win games. That's what we're doing. A wins a win. I love the depth this team has found this year. Yeo can freely roll 4 lines all night and can almost bet somebody new is going to step up with the next big play. On a further note, i think Rick Wilson has done a fantastic job managing the back end. Our defense has been an absolute luxury.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
It'd be great to get 5 or 6 out of the next 6 points. W's over calgary and LA would be huge to give us some breathing room so the final 5ish games aren't so intense. If we get 5 out of our next 6. (OT Loss NYI, W vs Cal/LA) That would leave the Wild with 94 points after 76 games which would have me feeling pretty comfortable.

Jets STH... yes by all means, kindly beat the Flames and the Kings. We'd be more than happy with the 2WC. Looking forward to the game in a couple weeks when we visit the Wild. Would be nice the we secured both WC spots by then. :handclap:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Good game, gents. Looks like we both got what we wanted. Not how we wanted, but all's well that ends well. We got the McEichel points and you guys further solidified your playoff spot.

Anyways, really hope the Wild make it, I'll be rooting for them :yo:

Thanks! I love your team. I went to a home Leafs game two seasons ago and it was an amazing experience being in your arena and experiencing your cultural history of hockey. Loved it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i've yet to see the Leafs in the New place, but went to the old Gardens many times. Overrated, IMO. Seats were jammed in so your legs were cramped, dead crowd( mainly due to the crap teams), very overpriced, and unattractive. I'm talking the Ballard era.

The sweaters can't be beat, though. There is something about the Maple Leaf that sends chills up and down the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad