Arizona
Edmonton
Nashville
Ottawa
Detroit
Chicago
Vancouver
Seattle

That is 2 wins against teams currently in a playoff spot. In 2 months.
Yup, been the unspoken elephant in the room all season. And lets not forget 9 OT/SO wins. There's none of that pond hockey stuff in the POs. Only 30 RWs in 62 games and as you note, mostly against bottom feeders.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Time to get back to the normal lines that we will see in the postseason. Palat-Point-Kucherov and Killorn-Cirelli- whoever.

Small sample size but you can tell Paul and Hagel are legit. Not worried about them at all.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not when the PK is a as bad as it is. Opposing PPs are part of the game. You want to blame the refs, fine, knock yourself out, but our kill has been shit all season for the most part. And that's pre and post Cooper ref rant.
It was more of a dig at our inability to score than the refs. The Bolts PP hasn't done anything.

That said teams should probably still win if they hold opponents to a single goal or less 5-on-5 even if they lose the special teams battle. 3 of the 4 games have been decided by 1 goal. If we could score to our average, we'd be 4-0-0 instead of 2-2-0. Frustrating to go from giving up 7 to Winnipeg, 5 to Pittsburgh, 4 to Calgary and Edmonton, get all that stuff from the road trip behind us, and still come up short.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So I’m cut off from the main boards, yet they got people on there telling Kucherov to go back Russia and all this xenophobic shit.
Me to fam

j8dV1o2.jpg

Reactions: These Are The Days

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Time to get back to the normal lines that we will see in the postseason. Palat-Point-Kucherov and Killorn-Cirelli- whoever.

Small sample size but you can tell Paul and Hagel are legit. Not worried about them at all.
Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos is awful imo

The Gourde line last year was easily our second best line, so we could get away with playing those guys together even though they didn’t produce much. Cirelli doesn’t have the offensive skill to setup Stammer and Killorn is declining. And Stamkos isn’t good enough to carry a line himself.

He NEEDS Kucherov to be a factor 5v5. But Point and Kucherov are so good together.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't really notice Hagel too much, but him and Paul are just trying to learn on the fly. Not ideal atm. Can't hold it against either guy.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
It was more of a dig at our inability to score than the refs. The Bolts PP hasn't done anything.

That said teams should probably still win if they hold opponents to a single goal or less 5-on-5 even if they lose the special teams battle. 3 of the 4 games have been decided by 1 goal. If we could score to our average, we'd be 4-0-0 instead of 2-2-0. Frustrating to go from giving up 7 to Winnipeg, 5 to Pittsburgh, 4 to Calgary and Edmonton, get all that stuff from the road trip behind us, and still come up short.
Winning, or at least stalemating, the special teams battle is as much a part of the game as anything else and we're terrible at both right now. At least against the good teams as the previous posts have demonstrated. It's really tough to know whether the way we're playing is just regular season disinterest that allows us to talent our way through against the bad teams but not be good enough against the good. We better hope that's all it is and that we'll start ramping things up when the POs get really close. Hope so anyway, but TBH, it's probably just wishful thinking on my part. Something just looks fundamentally off about the way we're playing, even when we win.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
r/hockey has like five threads about the kucherov call and tussle at the end of the game, and the amount of Florida/Carolina/islanders/Boston fans tripping over themselves to be the 5,000 person to call kucherov a “lil bitch” and miss the irony has me f***ing dying laughing.

He’s the best.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Maybe experiment with these lines:
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Killorn-Colton-Stamkos
Paul-Cirelli-Palat
Maybe Colton and Stamkos can feed off each other, along with Killorn, to find some chemistry. I think Hagel can do fine with Point and Kuch, and Paul-Cirelli get to anchor a more shutdown line with, theoretically, a scoring threat in Palat.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
We just need a true shutdown line that can play in any situation against the leagues best players.

Between Cirelli, Palat, Killorn, Hagel, Paul, Bellemare, we should be able to figure that out. I'd rather not mess around with the skill guys too much. Keep Point with Kucherov, Stamkos is trickier but I feel like Colton can play with him.

Same goes for PK. We have plenty of guys who are proven, effective but just need to find the right blend and chemistry.

I'm not worried yet, not even close. If we have to work out the kinks now and suffer a bit until we find something that works, so be it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Maybe I need to see the replay again, but I also think that was interference. They were breaking out of the zone and Kuch stood Aho up.

?

Here’s the play again. Kuch braces for impact which could be interpreted as him going for the (interference) hit. Refs don’t get to see a super slo-mo replay.

Aho went for the breakout, it looks like he didn’t even look forward and therefore didn’t see Kuch. So not sure Aho was trying to shield his puck carrying teammate from Kuch. Either way he drops like a fly and draws the penalty. Bravo!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad