GDT: 3/22/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another pathetic effort. Even 2 hard working periods with some disciplined hockey, and Tampa gets at least a point, maybe 2. Instead, they play maybe one, again and overall get beaten when facing a contender again.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I can’t blame him that call at that point if they are going to call anything it was embellishment by that pansy aho
It’s not just an embellishment. Aho purposefully ran into kuch for the pick, to ensure his player would get out of the zone. It was a designed play. Should have been interference on Carolina. Kootchie should be pissed.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lightning have been very inconsistent, don't want them to go without blame, but they've only allowed 3 even strength goals in the last 4 games. Teams who do that should go 4-0-0.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
So, our wins in the last 2 months consist of:

San Jose x2
New Jersey x2
Arizona
Edmonton
Nashville
Ottawa
Detroit
Chicago
Vancouver
Seattle

That is 2 wins against teams currently in a playoff spot. In 2 months.
Tough, next game against the Bruins, have to show up for that one

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Lightning have been very inconsistent, don't want them to go without blame, but they've only allowed 3 even strength goals in the last 4 goals. Teams who do that should go 4-0-0.
2 PP tips against. We hit two posts that beat the goalie. And we played like shit. We will benefit from playoff refs.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We’re def getting the shit end of the stick with some calls but the worse team that’s not hustling rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: JTBF81

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Losses are concerning but it's still reg season. Just be healthy going in yada yada but it wouldn't hurt to get some consistency going a little bit too.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Cannot stand that soft , whiny team. 100% interference on Kucherov but Carolina flops more than any team I have ever seen. Then you have clowns like DeAngelo and now Domi. Aho, Svechnikov and Necas will take a dive at every opportunity. Then there's the sassy, self-righteous social media/marketing presence.

Unfortunately they are a damn good team, well coached and deserved the win tonight. 2 PP goals will sink you almost every time. Star players didn't bring it tonight and Kucherov unravelled over the course of he game, bad recipe.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Maybe I need to see the replay again, but I also think that was interference. They were breaking out of the zone and Kuch stood Aho up.

?

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Lightning have been very inconsistent, don't want them to go without blame, but they've only allowed 3 even strength goals in the last 4 games. Teams who do that should go 4-0-0.
Not when the PK is a as bad as it is. Opposing PPs are part of the game. You want to blame the refs, fine, knock yourself out, but our kill has been shit all season for the most part. And that's pre and post Cooper ref rant.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Maybe I need to see the replay again, but I also think that was interference. They were breaking out of the zone and Kuch stood Aho up.

?
Kuch was headed towards the puck carrier. Why would aho, who is ostensibly attempting to exit the zone, head straight for one of the opposing players in the point? Oh, right, it’s a pick play and the puck carrier goes around. It’s just salt in a wound that we get called.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
So, our wins in the last 2 months consist of:

San Jose x2
New Jersey x2
Arizona
Edmonton
Nashville
Ottawa
Detroit
Chicago
Vancouver
Seattle

That is 2 wins against teams currently in a playoff spot. In 2 months.
It's been a thing all year though, Tampa has done quite well against non-playoff and fringe teams this year, but against the more serious contenders, below .500 overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad