GDT: 3/22/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Eh. I get your point, but the Montreal game, everyone including Stamkos went after Prust when that happened. It was just a case of too many guys trying to funnel to one guy so no one got anything done. And momentum didn't shift from that play. We still were taking it to them. It was the phantom roughing penalty on Browns clean hit and the fluke PP goal resulting from it that gave them a little life.

When a player hits your goalie like that, you jump him by feeding him fists, not face washing and grabbing collars. And we really weren't putting it on them after Prust did that. Montreal got some momentum going and scored 2 goals to get back in the game. Sure, the refs helped them out, but it's not like Boston wasn't getting away with stuff last night. Sometimes we need to take matters into our own hands and not let teams bully us.

For the record, I'm not one of the "WE NEED AN ENFORCER!!!1!" people. I think we are plenty tough to play for the Cup, we just need to show it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
MiserableSilverAustralianfreshwatercrocodile.gif

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I was at the game. There is absolutely zero doubt that the fight was the turning point in the game (even though it was early). You had to be there to feel it. That crowd was hot from the start but when he tossed Marchand that place erupted. Definitely an "oh shiz" moment.

The bench was jacked and so was the crowd. When he got out of the box the whole team congratulated him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And the town where that hack paper is from is relevant how?

They're close to Boston.

Which is close to New York.

And New York is relevant.

So that's like... two degrees of separation from relevance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad