GDT: 3/22/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here is your free burger:

1347917509_9181_BurgerRobOwen-WahlStock.jpg

Oh wait, did you think i meant a real cheeseburger? ;)

Ahh man, got me hungry now, think I will take a drive to Wendy's. :laugh:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
And with 76 lightning career wins, he is also 1 away from tying Puppa for 2nd in franchise wins. Khabibulin sits at the top with 83.

That's pretty pathetic if you think about. Haha. And Bishop will destroy that number next season.

Here is your free burger:

1347917509_9181_BurgerRobOwen-WahlStock.jpg

Oh wait, did you think i meant a real cheeseburger? ;)

Oh fine. Guess we will have to beat you guys now to help out Boston.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Just got back.

Wish they didn't score 3 goals, but awesome game.

I haven't been so pumped for a fight in a long time. I loved the emotion and passion Stammer showed. That helps reinforce why he has the C. Reminded me of Vinny. Huge momentum swing in the game.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Since everyone is feeling bro-ish, it'll be okay if we beat the Panthers on Tuesday right? We did you a favor now you do us one. :D

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think any player has floored me as many times over the past two seasons as Ondrej Palat. He just keeps coming.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
How could I miss this game after getting annihilated by them the previous games?

Damn sunday night games!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We should humiliate the other team's fans like that as much as possible. Hopefully they develop a sense of shame between that and the losses and repent by buying and wearing Lightning gear instead.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We haven't lost a game by more than one goal in over a month. That goes pretty much hand-in-hand with the time frame of Steven Stamkos's return to form.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We haven't lost a game by more than one goal in over a month. That goes pretty much hand-in-hand with the time frame of Steven Stamkos's return to form.

Difference between good & a great team is consistency, that's what we're seeing from Tampa for a while now.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Stamkos fight was a favorite moment in the game but I loved when the Bs fans were chanting Tuuuuu and then moments later Garrison blasted one by him and next thing you know Rask is skating towards the bench. Then for the rest of the game the Bolts fans chanting "where is tuuka?" Good times.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hope it's okay to show this on your board as its to prove a point. This was Patrick Kane's response to Boston's Seidenburg in Dec. after he checked Kane's line-mate and captain Jonathon Toews into the boards head-first.

Kane should have gone ape-**** on Seidenburg. I believe this is what's lacking in that guy's game from a leadership perspective.

Stamkos did what a captain - or any sort of leader on a team - should do. It completely triggered the following two minute scoring spree and changed the tone of the game.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hope it's okay to show this on your board as its to prove a point. This was Patrick Kane's response to Boston's Seidenburg in Dec. after he checked Kane's line-mate and captain Jonathon Toews into the boards head-first.

Kane should have gone ape-**** on Seidenburg. I believe this is what's lacking in that guy's game from a leadership perspective.

Stamkos did what a captain - or any sort of leader on a team - should do. It completely triggered the following two minute scoring spree and changed the tone of the game.

I get what you are trying to convey. But I'm willing to bet if its Lucic not Marchand...Stamkos ain't fighting. Props to Stamkos for fighting...but let's come down to earth a bit it was 5'9" Marchand not 6'1" and 210 Seidenberg. Marchand was significantly smaller...and Kane is 5'10".

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Notice the difference in how the game went between the Montreal game after Prust ran Bishop and the Boston game after Marchand tried to get us off our game.

Montreal game:
>Prust hits Bishop like he's a skater
>Nobody jumped Prust
>We didn't make them pay by scoring on the ensuing PP
>Montreal scored shortly after to get back in the game

Boston game:
>Marchand starts getting out of line
>Stamkos puts him back in his place
>We score 2 goals in 15 seconds shortly after

Go ahead and try to tell me that his fight didn't fire the team and the fans up.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Notice the difference in how the game went between the Montreal game after Prust ran Bishop and the Boston game after Marchand tried to get us off our game.

Montreal game:
>Prust hits Bishop like he's a skater
>Nobody jumped Prust
>We didn't make them pay by scoring on the ensuing PP
>Montreal scored shortly after to get back in the game

Boston game:
>Marchand starts getting out of line
>Stamkos puts him back in his place
>We score 2 goals in 15 seconds shortly after

Go ahead and try to tell me that his fight didn't fire the team and the fans up.

Eh. I get your point, but the Montreal game, everyone including Stamkos went after Prust when that happened. It was just a case of too many guys trying to funnel to one guy so no one got anything done. And momentum didn't shift from that play. We still were taking it to them. It was the phantom roughing penalty on Browns clean hit and the fluke PP goal resulting from it that gave them a little life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad