GDT: 3/21: Game 72: Black and Blue: Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues 8:11 PM ET NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Why are you calling these players castoffs of Claude?

I don't get it either. Seguin got essentially line 1A duty from his sophomore year on, until he earned his way off. Reilly Smith was put way over his skill level on the the same line as Seguin. Hamilton played 1st pair minutes. Sobotka, meh. I'll give that one. Morrow, Miller were here until Cassidy came, and Miller was behind established D and still got ice. Morrow just got let go by the Habs, whose defense was an actual dumpster fire (as in the Habs fans took off their jerseys, lit them on fire, and threw them in a dumpster!),

Last edited:

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I don't think they can tonight?

I think their magic number on Monday was 6, and since then they got 1 pt against CBJ, and FLA has won their two games

I think their magic number is at 5 now

I thought the same thing, but the team in question is now the Devils, not the Panthers. Panthers can get a total of 103 points, Devils can only get to 100. Both the Panthers and the Devils need to finish higher than the Bruins for Boston to miss.

Devils can't catch the B's with 1 point earned tonight :thumbu:

Reactions: Pay Carl

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Here's the ultimate question - if the game goes into OT, will my phone beep with my credit card charged for 2 playoff games: A) After regulation, B) After the game ends, C) Tomorrow morning

(Actually, technically, they can't charge me at point A. Bonus point if you know why, and it has to do with hockey rules!)

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Here's the ultimate question - if the game goes into OT, will my phone beep with my credit card charged for 2 playoff games: A) After regulation, B) After the game ends, C) Tomorrow morning

(Actually, technically, they can't charge me at point A. Bonus point if you know why, and it has to do with hockey rules!)

That's one of my favorite obscure sports rules

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

If you pull the goalie in OT (other than a delayed penalty), and the other team scores, you don't get the loser point.

Reactions: talkinaway

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i much prefer watching the CBC broadcast of game 7. You get to hear Jim Hughson's heart breaking as it becomes clear how the game is going to go. And you miss Olyczk's "distinct punching motion" bull
man Olczyk was unbearable during that series. I've never heard a national broadcast color guy so poorly hid his disdain for a team. He kept trying to rationalize how the obviously inferior Bruins were beating the obviously superior Canucks ("IF THE SHOOTER JUST HOLDS ON TO THE PUCK A LITTLE LONGER AND GOES AROUND THOMAS THERE IT'S AN EASY GOAL") and it just made him come off as so bitter & clueless.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The points are not official until the scoresheet is signed by both referees and then faxed to Toronto.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
man Olczyk was unbearable during that series. I've never heard a national broadcast color guy so poorly hid his disdain for a team. He kept trying to rationalize how the obviously inferior Bruins were beating the obviously superior Canucks ("IF THE SHOOTER JUST HOLDS ON TO THE PUCK A LITTLE LONGER AND GOES AROUND THOMAS THERE IT'S AN EASY GOAL") and it just made him come off as so bitter & clueless.

It's weird that he loved the Canucks so much considering he's a Blackhawks guy.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The points are not official until the scoresheet is signed by both referees and then faxed to Toronto.

Good point, but wasn't thinking of that....

If you pull the goalie in OT (other than a delayed penalty), and the other team scores, you don't get the loser point.

Yup, that's the one. No celebration until the game ends and we actually get that OT point!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

"Right THERE!"

I watched that replay 6 times, and I never saw the "THERE" he was babbling about.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Forgot about that

upload_2018-3-21_16-6-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad