GDT: 3/21: Game 72: Black and Blue: Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues 8:11 PM ET NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Went to bed with the Bolts down 3-0.

Woke up to them winning 4-3 :skeptic:

Lets get 2 points tonight! Go Bruins!

Thats what we wanted, right?

We play Tampa at least 2 more times I think. I want Toronto losing that game all day everyday. Keep them farther away from us.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Wheeler has but if you go back to that time when he was still a Bruin, read the comments here about him, there was little doubt about his skill/talent, but he was also a guy who honestly never appeared as though he could wrap his head around some very basic on ice rules, offsides being one of them. He was a frustrating guy to watch despite the offense he brought. He`s turned into a terrific pro though

He played with Krejci who loved to screw around with the puck and slowing down right before entering the zone. Wheeler needed a change of both linemates and coach.

Maine. I wouldn't blame Krejci. Those same kind of unforced off-sides and unfocused lapses in play followed him to Winnipeg. It took him a good few more years to clean up that part of his game.

I am Wheeler fan and thrilled he's doing great in The 'Peg, thought back in the day that he had the highest potential of any of the kids - Kessel, Marchand, Krejci, Lucic - but it was all timing in his development as he had every tool but was still building the tool-box and The Bruins had a Cup window wide open and needed a more consistent and reliable option - which they got.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That's a beaten up line-up. I wanted a few players to rest a game or two down the stretch but this is ridiculous again.
No Bergeron, Nash, Backes, DeBrusk, (Bjork) Chara, McAvoy, McQuaid - ? Could be a tough road trip.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I believe Bruce said in an interview yesterday that all injured players did not travel, Nash included. Only reserve with the team on the road right now is Postma.
McAvoy, DeBrusk, Chara, Bergeron and Rick Nash stayed in Boston

McQuaid and Backes are with the team

Reactions: sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Is anyone going tonight ? If so cheer loud for our boys (they will need it) and have a blast !

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thats what we wanted, right?

We play Tampa at least 2 more times I think. I want Toronto losing that game all day everyday. Keep them farther away from us.

If you look at risk/reward, I wouldn't mind Toronto getting those two points. The risk is that we're more likely to lose home ice to Toronto, and I don't care about that...a fairly low risk. The reward is that we're more likely to catch Tampa to reach first place, and avoid having to play both Toronto and Tampa in the playoffs...and that's a pretty good reward, IMO.

But hey, I'm just glad it wasn't a 3-point game.

Call me crazy, but I don't mind NBC. I like both Doc and Jack, and neither one really annoys me....although I have to say I really have a hard time envisioning Jack in a national broadcast. (Not even 100% sure he'd want it.) I think I'm the only person who can't stand Roenick.

Reactions: BruinsFan1990

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I hate listening to Emrick. He can’t remember names of players and seems confused half the time. I’m probably one of the few that likes Pierre. He’s definitely got a soft spot for the Bruins and while he can be overly obnoxious sometimes you can’t deny that the guy is a walking, talking hockey encyclopedia.

I'm a huge fan of Pierre. I miss him on TSN for the World Juniors. The thing that I love about him is that he, more often then not, tells us what the player is doing well. There are too many on Canadian TV who spend all their time telling me what a guy is doing wrong. I'm sure Pierre does that too, but I'd say it's 80-20.

I don't mind Doc. I particularly love when he says "and there's a SHOT!" and on the word shot his voice crackles. LOVE THAT.

I saw the line-up on the opening post. No Krug, No Nash, and who else out? When are they getting some of these players back??

Reactions: b in vancouver

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

INJURIES (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 236)

Patrice Bergeron – fractured right foot suffered 2/25 at BUF, has missed 11 games
Charlie McAvoy – strained MCL left knee suffered 3/3 vs MTL, has missed 8 games
Anders Bjork – 2/21 shoulder surgery, has missed 23 games (IR)
Zdeno Chara – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 3 games
Jake DeBrusk – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 3 games
David Backes – right leg laceration suffered 3/17 at TB, has missed 1 game
Rick Nash – upper body, has missed 1 game​

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

INJURIES (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 236)

Patrice Bergeron – fractured right foot suffered 2/25 at BUF, has missed 11 games
Charlie McAvoy – strained MCL left knee suffered 3/3 vs MTL, has missed 8 games
Anders Bjork – 2/21 shoulder surgery, has missed 23 games (IR)
Zdeno Chara – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 3 games
Jake DeBrusk – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 3 games
David Backes – right leg laceration suffered 3/17 at TB, has missed 1 game
Rick Nash – upper body, has missed 1 game​

Thanks for the review. I was finding it hard to keep em all straight.
Glad McQuaid isn’t on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad