GDT: 3/21/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Flames seem to be all about throwing everything on net without caring about getting good scoring chances. Carlyle's strategy is to sit back and let the goalie bail you out and hopefully your big offensive players can win the game for you. So far Carlyle's got the upper hand

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Overall i dont think were playing that good... not making mistakes but not really dictating the play. Scoring when we get our chances tho.
Yeah I think that's the difference. Ducks just have more offensive talent (and Smith sucks) and are converting on their chances. Neither has really generated much in the way of dangerous offense, but the Flames seem really interested in shooting from everywhere

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I really feel for Ducks fans that Bieksa is out and Holzer is in. would be cool to see them not self-sabotage in some way on the back end

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
lol rip Calgary. Just put them in a body bag already.

They are the biggest disappointment of this season by far.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Blues are winning games they need to win. Blues put themselves in a tough position by not winning games they should have won last month. They looked great early in the season, then looked terrible mid-season. Lots of questions about this team. Scoring, goaltending, etc. Blues fans used to regular season dominance, but playoff failures. Now we have regular season issues, but if we can make the playoffs, we’re hoping for a good run.
if the blues play well enough to get in they might be a team no one wants to play they can play a heavy forechecking game and have guys that can snipe

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
i have a feeling it will be LA that will be left out

Colorado Schedule: Kings, Knights, Knights, Flyers, Hawks, Ducks, Kings, Blues
Dallas Schedule: Bruins, Canucks, Flyers, Wild, Wild, Sharks, Ducks, Kings
St Louis Schedule: Canucks, Jackets, Sharks, Knights, Yotes, Caps, Hawks, Hawks, Avs
Kings Schedule:Avs, Oilers, Flames, Yotes, Ducks, Avs, Wild, Stars
Ducks Schedule: Jets, Oilers, Nucks, Avs, Kings, Avs, Wild, Stars, Yotes

Ducks, Avs, Kings, Stars each have 1 back to back left. Blues have 3 back to back. Stars last 2 games of the year are Ducks Friday/Kings Saturday.

Blues playing 3 back to backs in 9 games, (plus they might lose Schenn for a couple)
Stars only play 1 non playoff team. Avs play only 1 non playoff team.

Ducks and Kings should be in good shape based on schedule, but cannot trip up against non playoff teams.

Whats really great is all the teams in contention will be crossing paths. Playoff games before the playoffs.

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
i have a feeling it will be LA that will be left out

Decent chance.

Also decent chance season ends tied with Blues in points and ROW.

I think tie breaker would come down to goal differential.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
How's Larsson doing? I haven't followed him super closely but I find it hard to believe he's not better than Holzer. Welinski seems better too
A more avid AHL watcher can answer that, but it’s clear he hasn’t wowed anyone this year. Welinski deserves a shot over Holzer and Bieksa on he right side though. Looked okay earlier in the season, has a dangerous shot, and can skate.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A more avid AHL watcher can answer that, but it’s clear he hasn’t wowed anyone this year. Welinski deserves a shot over Holzer and Bieksa on he right side though. Looked okay earlier in the season, has a dangerous shot, and can skate.
a defenseman who can skate is pretty valuable in this league. I definitely would like to see him in for Anaheim's sake

Reactions: Teemu Salami

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Hopefully Calgary wins the lottery and get there 5th number 1 defenseman
They don't have a 1st round pick, they thought Travis Hamonic was worth a #1 this year

11 points and a minus 5 for Mr Hamonic on the season.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Not much he could do. He was the last guy back and Schwartz was allowed to skate the puck uncontested through the defensive and neutral zones.
Gotta step up at least a bit. I get that you gotta respect the speed, but you can't end up as deep as he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad