GDT: 3/20/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not mad at Cally - a lot of those calls were REALLY soft, and beyond that - how can you be mad at the dude that scored the GWG?

Not to mention Karlsson is a great skater who was hitting full stride. I think Gudas was on the defensive end, probably would've gotten burned.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
My face during the last minute:

180px-Kumotus.jpg

Two big wins on the road in buildings where we haven't had success during the recent years. Hopefully we can somehow snatch a point from the Pens on Saturday.

Best thing to come out of this is that my Lecavalier jersey isn't cursed. If we lost today, I don't know if wear it again at least this season. :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A lot of pressure on the Rangers now, if they lose tomorrow, and Detroit wins, they are out of a playoff spot.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want NYR to miss the playoffs, so MSL will miss the playoffs, or make the ECF so TB can get a 1st rounder. It's my love of TB vs. my newfound hatred for Marty.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
The last few games have looked far too much like Boucher-style Tampa Bay hockey for my taste.
"Sure you can score 4 goals, we'll just score 5". I much preferred being comfortable turning the TV off when we had a 3 goal lead....

That said, good thing we didn't start Lindback tonight. Better to sacrifice him to The Malkin.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm having a hard time deciding if I want NYR to miss the playoffs, so MSL will miss the playoffs, or make the ECF so TB can get a 1st rounder. It's my love of TB vs. my newfound hatred for Marty.

My hatred wins. I never want MSL to sniff the playoffs again - plus if they miss they may "blow it up" in the offseason, and miss next year - which would mean a lottery pick for us - which would mean a chance at McDavid.

Think long term. You can hate MSL and love the Lightning at the same time. :naughty:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The Marty hate was taking up too much of my energy. I've decided to go the who cares route. With the right to throw out an occasional **** you at each wonderful Lightning related thing he misses out on.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Well like i have been saying in the other thread, I really hope Cally re-signs in Tampa. will make it a good trade for you guys, imo.

As per the Rangers making the playoffs, they could be knocked out by this weekend. If Columbus beats them tomorrow and Detroit who beat Pittsburgh tonight wins Saturday. All the teams around them are putting it into second gear, and if they play .500 the rest of the season they will not make it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My hatred wins. I never want MSL to sniff the playoffs again - plus if they miss they may "blow it up" in the offseason, and miss next year - which would mean a lottery pick for us - which would mean a chance at McDavid.

Think long term. You can hate MSL and love the Lightning at the same time. :naughty:

Your points are well-made. I'm now much more at peace with my hatred for He Whom Shan't Be Named But Whom Shall Be Blamed.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It would be nice to get an additional 1st but it would be 26th or 27th, if the Rangers keep sliding the 2nd rounder could be 40th so really a drop of 15 or so spots and Marty misses the playoffs. Package the 2 2nds we'll have plus our 1st and grab Ehlers.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Funny thing is if they miss the playoffs, Richards's chances of being bought out a much greater, there goes one of the big reasons why MSL wanted to be in NY.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Marty wanted to go to the Rangers with one of the reasons being NYR's playoff competitiveness.

Tampa Bay - 85 points
New York - 78 points

funny how that's working out.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Marty wanted to go to the Rangers with one of the reasons being NYR's playoff competitiveness.

Tampa Bay - 85 points
New York - 78 points

funny how that's working out.

To be fair, the Rangers could be a dangerous playoff team, they just need to make it in. IMO they are the best suited team to take down one of the East's top dogs, and he's not completely wrong in thinking that a NYR team with MSL would do better than a TBL team with MSL. Lundqvist, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Nash, Richards, MSL and the up and comer Zuccerello.

On the side note, anyone realize how hard it actually is to be a 70, 80, 90 point player in the league? Just looking at our team scoring, as great as Palat and Johnson have been they're on pace for low 50's, Filppula who's been terrific only on pace for 65 points.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
To be fair, the Rangers could be a dangerous playoff team, they just need to make it in. IMO they are the best suited team to take down one of the East's top dogs, and he's not completely wrong in thinking that a NYR team with MSL would do better than a TBL team with MSL. Lundqvist, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Nash, Richards, MSL and the up and comer Zuccerello.

On the side note, anyone realize how hard it actually is to be a 70, 80, 90 point player in the league? Just looking at our team scoring, as great as Palat and Johnson have been they're on pace for low 50's, Filppula who's been terrific only on pace for 65 points.

Two are rookies who played a quarter of the season on the 3rd line. The other was getting second line minutes and getting 2nd PP minutes with rookies who were adjusting to the NHL. And Flip is on pace for a career high.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't want the Rangers making the ECF. That would mean that we wouldn't have made it there

That's not necessarily true, if they finish 2nd or 3rd in Metro we wouldn't see them till ECF. If the get a wild card and play the Pens we also wouldn't see them to ECF. If the get the wild card and beat the Bruins we'd play them in the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00