Post-Game Talk: 3-2 tough loss

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Garbage game, with three garbage rebounds that turned into goals.
Not to mention the reffing sucked.
Least we could have done was walk out of there with 1 point, but no.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
This team needs James Reimer. Not that Ben Scrivens had a terrible game or anything, but James Reimer is calm and confident, and generally makes smart decisions with the puck.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Grabovski had the lowest faceoff % on the team, so its going to be interesting as to what Carlyle says to having him out there with such a crucial draw.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Trade for O'Reilly, trade Grabovski, trade MacArthur when Frattin's back, put Gunnarsson back on IR.

All will go well. (note: I'm not even a ROR fan)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Kulemin has been pretty invisible this year. He looks disinterested.

That last goal burns me... I mean, first of all, smothering the puck when you could clearly have made a play. Ben was doing it all night. He's a bad puck handler.

Then obviously the fat rebound on the GWG.

Only thing that's questionable right now with Kulemin is his shot selection. When he has a good chance, he misses the net, when he doesn't, he takes a weak shot.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Our "shutdown" line is crap and is constantly hemmed in its own zone. If you really want a good defensive line, put McClemment between Komarov and Kulemin. The second line could be Kadri between Grabovski and MacArthur.

Macarthur just sucks at hockey plain and simple, I know he scored tonight, but i'm sorry he's just bad, and it makes me cringe every time I see him on the PP. Honestly I'd much rather seem him on the 3rd line or in the press box than in our top 6.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Superstar Colin Greening

At least he showed up. Where was our superstar Kessel. And where was JVR our super hero? Both went missing for this game.

The Sens with their best top players injured are still WAY BETTER than our Leafs.

The Leafs should be made to walk back to Toronto carrying their equipment ffs!

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Tough loss tonight. While Scrivens cost us the game at the end there you can't pin the entire loss on him. No jump to our game, some blatant calls missed, and the sens just annoyed us all game.

Can something please please please be done about these ****ing linesmen and how many times they're waiving centermen from the draws already? It absolutely is detracting from the game and making it less exciting to watch. Something needs to be done here.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Bad decision by the coaching to put Grabo line
That line has been on the ice for almost 60% of goals scored against us
Shut down line my ass
Another brain fart by RC

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Scrivens cant make routine saves. WTF was he thinking knocking the rebound right in front of the net on 2 straight goals

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Really tough to not blame it all on Scrivens, but after the team battled back and played well in the third despite the sub par first and second ... Scrivens cost the Leafs a point tonight :(

don't put it all on the goalie... Grabovski can't loose a face off clean like that with 20 seconds left and Kostka should have put the puck in the net from that feed from MAC.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Love how he was all cocky the save before when he should have kept the play going

That bugged me too. I'm not gonna lie, but I don't like Scrivens' attitude. It's good to be confident, but sometimes he's borderline cocky, and he's kind of a whiner too. He needs to stop showing off during the game, that last play where he froze it was stupid.

I prefer Reimer who is calm and focused.

Sundinftw

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto
Why is the focus solely on goaltending here? The team didn't sustain any pressure whatsoever in the sens zone. First line was non-existent, Kulemin useless offensively, gunner was horrible, and we have too many defensive defensemen who just can't do anything offensively.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
At least he showed up. Where was our superstar Kessel. And where was JVR our super hero? Both went missing for this game.

The Sens with their best top players injured are still WAY BETTER than our Leafs.

The Leafs should be made to walk back to Toronto carrying their equipment ffs!

Such an embarrassing effort.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Tough loss, gents... it was a good game played at both ends for both teams tonight. I'm sure the season series will come down to the wire.

I still can't believe you guys got JVR for Schenn in a straight-up deal... :shakehead. Burke's parting gift, I suppose...

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
feels bad man

funny_flying_dog_640_05.jpg

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
We need Orr back on the 4th line. I don't know what it is but I feel better with him playing lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad