Post-Game Talk: 3-2 tough loss

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
Putting Gunnarsson and Kostka on the ice for the last play was certainly questionable. And why wasn't Bozak taking the draw?

BDH

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Scrivens was off tonight, but that last one was on gunnar why is hestill playing?

the guy is clearly not 100% and has been playing terrible.
all we have on this team is extra d-men so why arent we using them?

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Kulemin has been pretty invisible this year. He looks disinterested.

That last goal burns me... I mean, first of all, smothering the puck when you could clearly have made a play. Ben was doing it all night. He's a bad puck handler.

Then obviously the fat rebound on the GWG.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Scrivens is a poor decision maker and has suspect rebound control. I appreciate what he's done for this team with Reimer out, but the loss is on him tonight.

The skaters were creating offence, but often got a little too cute with no look and forced passes. Accuracy was also poor.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
The sad part is I knew this was gonna happen. Like I could just sense a last minute collapse. I was watching the game in the last minute biting my fingers

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think Randy is going to tell him straight up never to freeze the puck like that with 25 seconds left. he had time to clear it, he could have dropped it, but he froze it and wham.

No loser point.

Someone in the GDT said it best: it was like Ottawa had our playbook and we simply couldn't adjust to it. All the set plays didn't work, we weren't skating hard enough. I don't think that we underestimated them at all - But I don't think we were outworked EITHER. We tried as hard as we could.

In other news: holy crap, the officiating (Note: I am not blaming the officiating for the loss). but it was HORRENDOUS. 4 obviously missed calls. It might not have changed/affected the outcome but those kinds of calls severly need to be made. (especially because you know if it was the other way around....).

Oh well. we had a chance, we blew it, we're fully 6th now I believe. Dust off, and face Philly.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
There was nobody there, baffles me that he held on to the puck instead of playing it, then pretty much guaranteeing an overtime.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
the last goal he intentionally hits the puck away and puts it in prime position for the sens

What game were you watching? Knocking it in out of the air is prime position? What nonsense.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Hopefully gunnerson sees the press box. He's been really bad since coming back. Real bad.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
****ing ********. Scrievens sucks, his an idiot also. Why the **** did he not make the play when nobody was around him before the face off.

Gunnerson has been ****ing brutal, sit his ass down. Bring up Gardiner. **** this ****.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Two goals that were largely a result of horrible coverage by Gunnarsson. That guy needs to stay in the press box with Liles until one or both of them fix their compete level.

One of the reasons the Leafs have been better defensively this year is guys like Holzer and Kostka who battle for pucks and clear the crease. Even Kaberle used to clear the crease better than that pathetic effort from Gunnarsson. Brutal night for him.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Hate it. Feels f'in bad man. Didn't deserve a win but earned a point and blew it. Wtf was Scrivens thinking? As good as he's been he freezes the puck way too much.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I don't care if Gunnarson is "rusty". Since he's come back it's like Wilson is coaching again every shift he's out there.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Scrivens is not a good number 1 goalie but perhaps a solid career back up like Glen Healey

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Worst way to end a game there, when we could've gotten a point. If this team could find a way to get the extra ****ing loser point every know and then, we'd be in 4th.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really tough to not blame it all on Scrivens, but after the team battled back and played well in the third despite the sub par first and second ... Scrivens cost the Leafs a point tonight :(

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Putting Gunnarsson and Kostka on the ice for the last play was certainly questionable. And why wasn't Bozak taking the draw?

yep, stupid, stupid, stupid... so much had to go wrong for that to happen. heartbreaking... Lets hope this point doesn't come back to haunt us. Instead of being 5 games above .500 now we're 3. This was a must game win IMO.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I could blame the refs for this; but instead, I'm going to blame how Pejorative Slured we played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad